What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hall of Shame thread (as well as Hall of Levers)

TheParraboy

Staff member
It is my pleasure to formally induct two inductees

Rashid Khan and Alex Hales

Well done gentlemen, turning your back on red ball cricket. Especially Rashid who basically would be close to a lock in for the England test side this year.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/adi...ll-yorkshire-moeen-ali-mason-crane/2018-02-16

England spinner opts to focus on white-ball cricket and not play first-class games in 2018

England leg-spinner Adil Rashid says he has not turned his back on Tests despite opting against playing first-class cricket with his county side Yorkshire in 2018.

But former Test skipper and fellow Yorkshireman Michael Vaughan has labelled the 29-year-old's decision "strange" given England are currently crying out for a frontline Test spinner.

Rashid, who took 38 wickets in 10 Tests in 2015-16, is England's premier spinner in both ODI and T20 cricket and has opted to play white-ball cricket only for Yorkshire this season.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/ale...ball-england-notts-nottinghamshire/2018-02-20

Opener Alex Hales is the latest Englishman to turn his back on Test cricket, signing a two-year deal with county side Nottinghamshire to play white-ball cricket only.

Less than a week after leg-spinner Adil Rashid turned down a red-ball deal with his county side Yorkshire, his ODI and T20I teammate Hales has gone down a similar path

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol, Alex Hales is about as much chance of playing test cricket as Terence Trent Darby.

Add Chris Lynn to the Hall of Levers too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What about Eden Park? Serious contender

MCG ?

I tell you what we have a lot of Shame in cricket if we really think about it...

Timbo

Staff member
Hales was being mentioned semi-regularly as a smokey for the test spot.

When you consider the merry-go-round of 3's and partners for Cook they've tried, not so strange.

TheParraboy

Staff member
KP, Slater and Warne

I should have inducted these turkeys in the first post for how they have ruined cricket commentary

simmo1

First Grade
Hales was being mentioned semi-regularly as a smokey for the test spot.

When you consider the merry-go-round of 3's and partners for Cook they've tried, not so strange.

Pretty sure he's played tests. Was about as successful as Adam Lyth.

JJ

Immortal
Guppy is Martin Crowe compared to a plodder like Hales.
In tests? Nope - 47 tests with an average of 29... if Hales played that many he'd do better

If you take out the Windies, Bangers and Zimabwe his record against the better teams is disgraceful - 33 against Sri Lanka the best, and his best away record outside the 'minnows' is 24 against India - probably all edges too

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In tests? Nope - 47 tests with an average of 29... if Hales played that many he'd do better

If you take out the Windies, Bangers and Zimabwe his record against the better teams is disgraceful - 33 against Sri Lanka the best, and his best away record outside the 'minnows' is 24 against India - probably all edges too
I watched Hales struggle against a pop gun Sri Lankan attack.

I’d take Guptill any day of the week over Hales. The blokes defence is U11 like.

Eelectrica

Referee
Because he's Australian?
Injury has cut short many careers. I see the logic in him sticking to the shorter game to acoid injury is and keep playing.

As it is he's limited in the field. Don't see spending days in the field improving that situation.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Hales is shit. Can't score a run in the BBL, let alone at limited overs international level. A horrible fielder as well.

Guptil might not be the best test player NZ have produced but compared to Hales he's Bert Sutcliffe.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Injury has cut short many careers. I see the logic in him sticking to the shorter game to acoid injury is and keep playing.

As it is he's limited in the field. Don't see spending days in the field improving that situation.
Well it doesn't matter anyway because he would never get near the test side. As it is the jury is still out on his ability to be a long termer in the shorter formats.

Latest posts