What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hall of Shame thread (as well as Hall of Levers)

TheParraboy

Staff member
I bring you the latest inductee. The great Moeen Ali

If there was Spec Savers thread he would be the chairman

Despite a record number of people attending (second most all-time) Ashes matches, the 30-year-old was worried about the future of Test cricket.

“It’s been a worry for a while but Australia really opened my eyes. I found it disappointing,” Ali told AAP.

I feared (for the future) in the Ashes, actually. The crowds were quite disappointing in general."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cric...-ashes/ar-BBJtvV5?li=AAgg0Zv&ocid=mailsignout

some11

Referee
Oh Moeen, when you're getting your arse kicked and your failure is a big part of it of course the world is going to feel lonely.

Better to just project those feelings onto some bullshit about crowds.

Timbo

Staff member
The crowds were disappointing - what?

At four of the five grounds there were crowds to at least one day higher than the highest capacity ground in the U.K.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe Moeen was talking about the Barmy Army only? ;)

that would explain it

If he was then I retract his induction

Bazal

Post Whore
I hardly see the shame in two blokes who have about as much chance at getting back into the Test side as Michael Beer focusing on the formats they will get a good shot at. We applaud blokes skipping short format tournaments to focus on red ball cricket but two blokes being realistic about where their chances lie should be shamed?

Just white ball cricket bashing...

TheParraboy

Staff member
absolutely

long live test cricket, f**k t20

Rashid is close if not a lock for the English side
Hales is young enough to fight his way back into the test side, there is one or two opener spots there (Cook wont play forever)

Deserved inductees :sunglasses:

Bazal

Post Whore
Disagree. Both have clearly been discarded as genuine options, and Hales' spot in the international setup as a whole has been tenuous for a while now. Absolutely no issue with them being realistic about their opportunities, they want to represent their country and this gives them the best chance of continuing to do so. Adil Rashid was overlooked for the Ashes squad for a 12 year old FFS.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I agree with Michael Vaughan

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/adi...ll-yorkshire-moeen-ali-mason-crane/2018-02-16

England spinner opts to focus on white-ball cricket and not play first-class games in 2018

England leg-spinner Adil Rashid says he has not turned his back on Tests despite opting against playing first-class cricket with his county side Yorkshire in 2018.

But former Test skipper and fellow Yorkshireman Michael Vaughan has labelled the 29-year-old's decision "strange" given England are currently crying out for a frontline Test spinner.

Rashid, who took 38 wickets in 10 Tests in 2015-16, is England's premier spinner in both ODI and T20 cricket and has opted to play white-ball cricket only for Yorkshire this season.

JJ

Immortal
was he ever any good at 4 day cricket ?
His first class average is over 50, which is really unusual here - personally I think it's a fluke, but he's been fluking it for a while... to be honest he's a better bet in our test team than Henry f**king Nicholls, but he's gone and ruled that out - he is a better player when he dials it back a bit tbh

Bazal

Post Whore
Another bloke who is clearly not part of the test setup being shamed for choosing the format he actually plays for his country...

Yawn

JJ

Immortal
Another bloke who is clearly not part of the test setup being shamed for choosing the format he actually plays for his country...

Yawn
He's pretty close to the test set-up - I dunno why this is a shaming thread - but clearly Munro is relevant, like Rashid I think he could find a home at #5 or #6 in our test lineup - we have gaping holes there with a platoon of Nicholls, CGG, Santner and Watling if fit (or Blundell) - Munro averages 50+ in first class cricket, which is exceedingly rare here - Crowe was a tick over 50, Williamson a tick under, Taylor well under - so when he plays straight he goes ok - personally I think he deserved a chance, and the incumbents will keep struggling so it was a matter of time - we have so few players who are potentially international class that it's disappointing, that's all

Timbo

Staff member
I don't think it's possible to fluke a FC average of 51 over 48 matches. He really deserved a shot in the middle order for an extended period.

JJ

Immortal
I don't think it's possible to fluke a FC average of 51 over 48 matches. He really deserved a shot in the middle order for an extended period.
No, it's not - and given other first class records in NZ he definitely should have been give an extended run

Then of course you watch him bat, and you wonder

vvvrulz

Coach
No, it's not - and given other first class records in NZ he definitely should have been give an extended run

Then of course you watch him bat, and you wonder

You have to consider that Hamish Rutherford & Peter Ingram were also guns at our first class level.

Latest posts