What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hall of Shame thread (as well as Hall of Levers)

JJ

Immortal
You have to consider that Hamish Rutherford & Peter Ingram were also guns at our first class level.
You're being a bit disingenuous

Munro has played 48 first class games and averages 51.6 with 13 100's
Hamish Rutherford 83 matches, average 35.3 and 11 100s
Peter Ingram 82 matches, 39.9 and 17 100s

Personally I think Munro's a flog, and Ingram is a nice comparison - but Munro's record is amazingly good compared with pretty much anyone - Glenn Turner, Martin Donnelly, Bert Sutcliffe, and Kane Williamson all average a smidgen under 50 in all first class cricket, Stewie Dempster down at 45]
Sadly a quick look suggests Munro might be in company with Crowe and nobody else - clearly he's trash compared to all those I've mentioned, but historically it's been difficult to average 50 in NZ conditions, and even with flatter wickets now it's only Munro... Sinclair at 48.6

I can't make sense of it

Timbo

Staff member
He at least deserved a 5 or so test run to see how it compared.

It's a shame his sample size for non-Auckland based FC matches are so low; one game for Worcestershire (34 runs @ 34) and three for NZ A (122 runs at 17.5).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
James Sutherland would be well ahead of Davey, look what he has done to Australian Cricket over the years in rewarding mediocrity from selectors and the like, as well as hiring Pat Howard our so called high performance manager who sits in his cushy office while we are playing tests over sea.

I mean Sutherland is such a hypocrite over this holier than though bullshit on the culture of Australian Cricket yet when he was finance manager of Cartlon AFL Club he got busted for salary cap breaches and money being diverted to players via third parties.

https://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/28/1048653862039.html

What a wonderful role model he is.