What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hobbit

HowHigh

Coach
Looks awesome...lord of the rings are my favourite movies of all time
Hanging for this one

Frederick

Staff member
Looks like its being released the day after I get back from honeymoon...wonder if the mrs will let me go see it with mates because I know for certain I have absolutely zero chance of getting her to see it with me :lol:

Cliffhanger

Coach
The Hobbit book was so much easier to read than the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so the movie should be easier to get through too.

Springs

First Grade
The Hobbit book was so much easier to read than the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so the movie should be easier to get through too.

It should be, but they are showing Gandalf's adventures as well, so the movies will probably be more complex than the book.

PJ

First Grade
They aren't.

I'm not sure what technology they're using but a lot of the shots look CGI when they aren't.

Well we just saw the trailer on the big screen and they look shit on that as well. Whatever it is, it isn't good.

simmo1

First Grade
Best part of LOTR trilogy was the mega battle scenes. Hobbit doesn't have many of these awesome scenes, so I hope Jackson doesn't make it 3h plus like LOTR, because I don't think there is enough there to keep it interesting for that long.

Springs

First Grade
Well we just saw the trailer on the big screen and they look shit on that as well. Whatever it is, it isn't good.

Well they look the same in the production videos. I'm sure it's just makeup.

Best part of LOTR trilogy was the mega battle scenes. Hobbit doesn't have many of these awesome scenes, so I hope Jackson doesn't make it 3h plus like LOTR, because I don't think there is enough there to keep it interesting for that long

He will show The Battle of Five Armies for sure. And he's also including the Gandalf-Dol Guldor storyline that wasn't in the book. And there's 2 parts, so I'd say 2-2.5 hours for each.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Looks.... boring.

Hope it isn't, I loved the trilogy, but the Hobbit doesn't have as compelling storyline for the big screen IMO.

Karl

Juniors
I'm sure they'll fix any of those issues associated with the 48fps format. Its not Jacksons first Rodeo after all.

Latest posts