What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jamie Soward tackle watch thread

SerbDragon

Coach
jamiesoward_narrowweb__300x400.jpg

GET THE FOK OUT OF MY WAY RORTER!

hardbaby

Coach
Awesome performance by Soward. Sill, hats off to the protectors in the Dragons side. Creagh, Cooper, Scott, Costigan...they all run out wide and protect the little guys. Soward is getting a lot of support and his confidence is sky high. His defense is great. But if I was his size it would be nice to look to my left and right in the defensive line and see who he has helping out!!

tevoro

First Grade
Pearce looks like his picking his nose. hahahahaha..

He helped Morris bundle the Roosters winger into touch when they were almost certain to score.

Nugby

Juniors
He also put a good hit on Perrett (I think) in the second half that led to him coughing up the ball. Was involved in the scrum that pushed the winger over the sideline as well.

I remember he forced an error out of Mason. Deadset, I know he's coming back from that knee reconstruction but he can't have been surprised he wasn't in the NSW squad; he was dominated!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I thought I would bring this one up !!!!

Am damn sure he is on the positive side of things again and again and again...

Saved at least 2 tries in my book tonight( I think )

Jamie Soward didn't feign an obstruction against the Bulldogs...

They simply got in his way and stopped him from turning it into a scoring opportunity.
Rule 1: Jamie Soward Makes The Rules

:)

Red'n'White

Juniors
Again this week couldnt fault his defence. Bennett has turned him into a super star, I always thought Soward was special. I also think its the Delinfluence as well.

Jason Maher

Immortal
*Bump*

A bright spot out of tonight was Jamie's front-on hit on Tonga (I think) that forced him into touch and prevented a try. Beautiful stuff. One day people will learn.

mightyboy

Juniors
There was also a tackle right in front of the goalposts when defending a kick (?) in which he held the player from crossing the line and when cover came to help forced the titans player to lose the ball.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I would call that 2 games where there serious defensive lapses, and 13 games where his defence was top notch. You might have noticed Tuiake (sp?) bumping a number of Dragons off tonight, including Ben Creagh.

I honestly think having his mate Beau Scott next to him gives Soward that little bit of extra confidence to back his own defensive ability.

MattYg1

Bench
Yeah not much you can do about that really... Tuiaki is a freak... all in all we contained him as well as I expected...

Watching Boyd come in low and get bumped off a few times on him... now Boyd's tackles were exactly what was needed right around the waist and wrapping up the thighs but Tuiaki's leg drive must be a mammoth of power...

Latest posts