What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jersey designs are awful in the QLD Cup

yakstorm

First Grade
Redcliffe - I'm still unsure if the one in the photo is the home or away. The other version is the opposite. Bring back this one. 6.5/10

hqdefault.jpg

They must have read your post...
216128834_4859524264064138_1897055470043834012_n.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
What happened here? Is that a copy or did you give them permission?
I get requests to re-use designs on occasion, and am generally cool with it. This one was a bit on the nose though and I would have preferred they asked first. It's bound to happen numerous times to anyone who posts a shitload of concepts over the years.

hellteam

First Grade
I get requests to re-use designs on occasion, and am generally cool with it. This one was a bit on the nose though and I would have preferred they asked first. It's bound to happen numerous times to anyone who posts a shitload of concepts over the years.

I actually thought it was an excellent unique design by EV2 and was giving them credit in my mind. The fact that they used grey on black on the away instead of all black or grey is an absolute giveaway that it's a complete copy...

Brutus

Referee
Redcliffe’s predominantly all black jerseys with red numbers against Wynnum Manly weren’t the best. Very hard to see at night.

I know it was for a certain cause but stick to our colours boys.
Absolutely awful.

Redcliffe wearing black against Wynnum wearing white.

Wrong just wrong.

When these two teams play, I wanna see green v red ffs.

Diesel

Coach
Why do marketing teams have to over analyse and over design the jersey? The more simple, the better

yakstorm

First Grade
This individual claims to have designed it for the Hunters

GAZF

First Grade
This individual claims to have designed it for the Hunters
I've had manufacturers come to me in the past with something very specific in mind, which I'm guessing is what's happened here. I try to push in another direction if possible, but they often have their minds made up in advance It can be an awkward spot to be in as a designer, and I generally don't put my name to paid designs for this reason.

Brutus

Referee
I want Wynnum to be predominantly green all the friggin time.

Norths must be mainly Sky Blue and Redcliffe must be Red.

GAZF

First Grade
erick-lucero---erick-115.jpg

Dolphins 'dark' Jersey from last week's game...
I assume these initiatives are in place to boost merch sales, but who in their right mind is looking to buy what looks like a half completed screen print job?

Brutus

Referee
Stop changing the colours of jerseys for 'causes'. Just play footy in your normal kit QLD Cup teams. Who is going to buy any of these stupid 'alternate' jerseys anyway?