What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the jersey

B_Tiger

Juniors
Ok, it's been more then half a season now and we've all had a good look at the jersey. What do people think?

Well, when I first saw it it looked shit. I was told that once the sponsor was put on it would look better. The sponsor was put on and it looked shit. Then I was told that I had to see it 'live' and on the playing field. Well, I saw it and it looked shit. Then I was told that I had to give it time to get used to it and then I would better appreciate the design. But, it is still shit. I can't get over how crap the jersey is. It is bloody pathetic. What is wrong with a traditional look? White isn't neutral! The team are "tigers", therefore they should be majority orange. that isn't to say that white shouldn't be on the jersey. It is a magpie colour and deserves representation on the jersey as does black. But the majority colour should be orange. Failing that the three colours should be equal in a style similar to the team of the century jersey. But in any case the jersey should be traditional because this JV is trying to pretend like it represents two traditional teams, not a club representing two clubs who gave up their souls to form a side that would be more sustainable.

I'd like to see the V restored. Orange base with black and white V. black and white should also be put on other areas of the jersey to make sure the jersey is as fair as possible. The alternative jersey can be more magpie focussed but the primary jersey HAS to be orange. This isn't about getting rid of wests scumbags. It is just that the wests tigers jersey shouldn't be some wannabe superleague scumbag jersey that tries to appease fans by using a "neutral" white colour that looks shit. I don't know what those dickheads were thinking but they need a bloody severe strapping for being that bloody stupid. I mean, who looked at that piece of crap and said "perfect!". Three years we have to put up with that shit jersey! Three bloody years!

MAGGIES

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
Ok, it's been more then half a season now and we've all had a good look at the jersey. What do people think?

Well, when I first saw it it looked shit. I was told that once the sponsor was put on it would look better. The sponsor was put on and it looked shit. Then I was told that I had to see it 'live' and on the playing field. Well, I saw it and it looked shit. Then I was told that I had to give it time to get used to it and then I would better appreciate the design. But, it is still shit. I can't get over how crap the jersey is. It is bloody pathetic. What is wrong with a traditional look? White isn't neutral! The team are "tigers", therefore they should be majority orange. that isn't to say that white shouldn't be on the jersey. It is a magpie colour and deserves representation on the jersey as does black. But the majority colour should be orange. Failing that the three colours should be equal in a style similar to the team of the century jersey. But in any case the jersey should be traditional because this JV is trying to pretend like it represents two traditional teams, not a club representing two clubs who gave up their souls to form a side that would be more sustainable.

I'd like to see the V restored. Orange base with black and white V. black and white should also be put on other areas of the jersey to make sure the jersey is as fair as possible. The alternative jersey can be more magpie focussed but the primary jersey HAS to be orange. This isn't about getting rid of wests scumbags. It is just that the wests tigers jersey shouldn't be some wannabe superleague scumbag jersey that tries to appease fans by using a "neutral" white colour that looks shit. I don't know what those dickheads were thinking but they need a bloody severe strapping for being that bloody stupid. I mean, who looked at that piece of crap and said "perfect!". Three years we have to put up with that shit jersey! Three bloody years!

THIS IS A JOINT VENTURE :roll: BALMAIN Nor WESTS SHOULD GET AN ADVANTAGE>>>

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Not a great fan of the current jersey. But I agree it has to reflect the fat that we are a JV. I would prefer something that draws on the traditional Balmain and Magpies jerseys. Both had Vs for example.

Gobbso

Juniors
B_Tiger said:

I agree completely. I'd like to see a jersey with a Black and White 'V' with an Orange base, but as you said, adding white on other aspects of the jersey to make it even. I think the Black and White 'V' as always been an imperative part of Western Suburbs history and the Gold as you said represents the image of the Joint-Venture being the Tiger, but also recognising Balmain. That would be a top jersey in my opinion, and widely accepted by all that are fair dinkum Joint-Venture supporters who still care about the tradition and preservation of both Foundation clubs at the elite level.

But then will this jersey or something similar ever get a run? Pfff...C'mon people, its Wests Tigers we are talking about here! :lol: I mean if the NRL doesn't listen to the fans, how are football club's supposed too? I'm a big fan of the Team of the century jersey, and would love that to be the Joint-Venture club's primary jersey for next season and years to come. It just had it all.

simon says

First Grade
Funnily enough the jersey has grown on me and i quite like it.Although i ant disagree with you guys here,a bit more orange(ie Tiger) or the TOC kit and i wouldnt argue.

I think a decision like the jersey should be thrown open to the members.We pay our hard earned,yet we get no decision in the jumper.They could make us wear purple if they wanted.

Lets get some democracy going,make about ten designs and throw it to the rank and file and let them decide.

B_Tiger

Juniors
simon says said:
Lets get some democracy going,make about ten designs and throw it to the rank and file and let them decide.

bloody ten year old kids would have a say then!

Hell no, I don't want no democracy. Just let me pick it and it'll be fine.

Crippler

Juniors
grahamsteadman.jpg

I thought this would look great. Its an old Castleford jersey

B_Tiger

Juniors
how f**king big do you want to make your signature?? My cache limit will be used up everytime I read one of your god damn posts. Also, as shit as that jersey may be, it shits all over our one.

innsaneink

Referee
I reckon that black should be the predominant colour...I remember the old days I reckon the wests boys always looked a bit bigger with the mainly black outfit...It may give a slight :? psychological edge...half a % better than nuthin..What colour does wests n balmain have in common? ;-)

oz

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
how f**king big do you want to make your signature?? My cache limit will be used up everytime I read one of your god damn posts. Also, as shit as that jersey may be, it shits all over our one.

Dont read em then :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the jersey, you cant honestly think that that vomit coloured jersey is better than anything the JV has had so far.

Innsaneink has got it very close to the mark when he says the common colour is Black so Black should be more dominant than either Orange or White.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I have to agree, that Castleford jersey is a shocker!!!!!!, no wonder they got rid of it!!!! Much rather have our current one.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
If we want a neutral jersey we'll end up in some f**king magenta and puce creation!!!

Forget an equal balance of colours and how about just aiming for the best possible blend of our three colours in a motif that somehow references our Tiger mascot!