What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

unforgiven

Bench
And if they're not good enough to play the NRL, so does the Magpies, after having money and time invested in them from WT in NYC. You're not the brightest fellow are you? Read what I said again...

The juniors fall under WSJRL, not Wests Tigers. You cannot demand money, time and exposure from WT without giving anything in return. I cannot fathom how a WT State Cup team is a bad thing if they played out of Campbelltown but trained at Concord. The naked truth is that this hoopla surrounding the Magpies is about the bird, not the kids.

What I and others have been discussing, it's a thing called compromise, a word I'm not so sure is in your vocabulary. You want it all your way and you don't care who gets trampled on in the process.

You really have hit the nail on the head with this post. There is no chance of compromise from people like alien. He will only be happy when the Wests Tigers ceast to exist and the Magpies are returned.

I feel this same attitude has probably been the problem with the previous administration of the Wests Magpies, they have made it in possible to work with them as there is no room for compromise in their mind. This is why I feel the Wests Tigers are making stronger pushes into the Macartur region at present. The more control the Wests Tigers take in the area the better of the juniour systems will be. This has been left for too long in the hands of the Magpies, its time for the Wests Tigers to sort out the mess the Magpies created.

alien

Referee
And if they're not good enough to play the NRL, so does the Magpies, after having money and time invested in them from WT in NYC. You're not the brightest fellow are you? Read what I said again...

The juniors fall under WSJRL, not Wests Tigers. You cannot demand money, time and exposure from WT without giving anything in return. I cannot fathom how a WT State Cup team is a bad thing if they played out of Campbelltown but trained at Concord. The naked truth is that this hoopla surrounding the Magpies is about the bird, not the kids.

What I and others have been discussing, it's a thing called compromise, a word I'm not so sure is in your vocabulary. You want it all your way and you don't care who gets trampled on in the process.
I don't think you are the brightest fellow because it's in Wests Tigers' best interest to look after the juniors in the Liverpool/Macarthur/Southern Highlands area anyway. It is good that they are visiting schools and spending money on the juniors but that doesn't mean they should get rid of the area's senior team. Playing for the Magpies is just the pathway to Wests Tigers. All NRL teams make sure their juniors are looked after - some teams more than others. Nobody said a WT NSW Cup team would play all their games at Campbelltown.

alien

Referee
You really have hit the nail on the head with this post. There is no chance of compromise from people like alien. He will only be happy when the Wests Tigers ceast to exist and the Magpies are returned.
I just wanted the joint-venture to be 50:50, and for them to stick with the joint-venture agreements. Sadly, that hasn't happened.

I don't think you are the brightest fellow because it's in Wests Tigers' best interest to look after the juniors in the Liverpool/Macarthur/Southern Highlands area anyway. It is good that they are visiting schools and spending money on the juniors but that doesn't mean they should get rid of the area's senior team. Playing for the Magpies is just the pathway to Wests Tigers. All NRL teams make sure their juniors are looked after - some teams more than others. Nobody said a WT NSW Cup team would play all their games at Campbelltown.

Ah, but it's not Alien! Ask the blokes lining up for Wests in State Cup this year and ask them if they'll get a run in FG? They're also rans and NYC graduates who won't cut it in the NRL. Over the last couple of years if you've been signed by the Magpies, it's basically condemned you to never play FG.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think we can safely say that as he is no longer a WT fan Alien should be treated like any other troll on this board and ignored

N.C.

Juniors
Very true, Gronk, but I did just want to rise to this bait a little before I join you in hitting the "ignore" button...

I just wanted the joint-venture to be 50:50, and for them to stick with the joint-venture agreements. Sadly, that hasn't happened.

You are talking about both clubs commitment to the reserve grade competition, right?

Does the fact the reserve grade competition that was in place 13 years ago (when the joint venture was established) no longer exists have any bearing on your opinion?

Or that the youth competition, having been nationalised, has rendered the reserve grade competition a holding cell for has-beens and wannabes rather than a pathway to the NRL?

Do you think perhaps the demise of the reserve grade competition is an issue for the whole of the NRL, not just the Wests Tigers, the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers, or the Western Suburbs Magpies?

If you can fathom all of that, then can you at some point arrive at the conclusion that what was agreed to 13 years ago, and has been committed to for all of those 13 years, is perhaps no longer good practice, relevant, or in any way desirable to cling onto indefinitely?

At what point do you start to reflect and say "well, this looks like it's going to work" and try to embrace all that success has to offer?

In short, 13 years is a long time. Things change. Let's move on.

meltiger

First Grade
^ Agree 110%. & it wasn't so long ago I wasn't sold on a merged State Cup side myself.

Question.

There are claims that Ashfield are funding the State Cup side, the JV are funding the State Cup side etc etc.

The schedule for the weekends games has listed "Balmain-Ryde Eastwood". If Ryde-Eastwood aren't chucking funds in, why are we still giving them exposure at this level?

FWIW, hitting the ignore button simply allows a poster to make unfounded, slanderous claims without being replied to. Just a thought for the more moderate posters like you and Gronk.

alien

Referee
Ah, but it's not Alien! Ask the blokes lining up for Wests in State Cup this year and ask them if they'll get a run in FG? They're also rans and NYC graduates who won't cut it in the NRL. Over the last couple of years if you've been signed by the Magpies, it's basically condemned you to never play FG.
Andrew Everingham is playing for Souths next game.

murraymob

Coach
^ Agree 110%. & it wasn't so long ago I wasn't sold on a merged State Cup side myself.

Question.

There are claims that Ashfield are funding the State Cup side, the JV are funding the State Cup side etc etc.

The schedule for the weekends games has listed "Balmain-Ryde Eastwood". If Ryde-Eastwood aren't chucking funds in, why are we still giving them exposure at this level?

FWIW, hitting the ignore button simply allows a poster to make unfounded, slanderous claims without being replied to. Just a thought for the more moderate posters like you and Gronk.

since there sending all the good players to balmain of course that will be the side that they show.
If wests where to play and got beaten by a big score in front of the mereged fans people would want to know why

meltiger

First Grade
since there sending all the good players to balmain of course that will be the side that they show.
If wests where to play and got beaten by a big score in front of the mereged fans people would want to know why

Yeah, you didn't understand the question. Re-read it.

A remarkable job, apparently. :crazy:

I notice he didn't take the time to answer this one either.

The answer will be a no, with some attached whinging about Ashfield & the Wests Tigers not providing adequate funding.

ie: Inner West money funding football in the Sth West.

alien

Referee
Since when is Andrew Everingham a Wests Junior? The dude comes from Newcastle FFS!
well he said this: "Over the last couple of years if you've been signed by the Magpies, it's basically condemned you to never play FG."

he was talking about the magpies nsw cup team. in 2010 wests tigers split the nrl contracted players between balmain & Magpies, but last year and the other years earlier they all went to balmain so he is right about those years, but only because all the fringe 1st graders and nrl contracted players who werent required for 1st grade went to balmain nsw cup team

well he said this: "Over the last couple of years if you've been signed by the Magpies, it's basically condemned you to never play FG."

he was talking about the magpies nsw cup team. in 2010 wests tigers split the nrl contracted players between balmain & Magpies, but last year and the other years earlier they all went to balmain so he is right about those years, but only because all the fringe 1st graders and nrl contracted players who werent required for 1st grade went to balmain nsw cup team

I guess I'm guilty of being a little vague there... I meant you were condemned to not play FG for the WT.

Alien, in your opinion ahve the magpies done a successful job of managing rugby league in the Macarthur region?

Are you going to answer this question? Or are you going to continue to pretend you didn't see it? The area is first and foremost their responsibility, have they done a good job in managing the game there?