What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Juniors thread

ozbash

Referee
haha, I reckon.

Full time

Warriors 42

Eels 22

Try Scorers
Bill Tupou 26m
Michael Afioga 29m
Kurt Kara 34m
Rusty Bristow 48m
Nafetalai Seluini 51m
Daniel Palavi 55m
Jason Cook 80m

Shaun Johnson 6/6 (100%)
Leeson Ah Mau 1/1 (100%)

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
tc-r24-warrai.gif

WARRIORS:
1. Jason Cook 2. George Vuna 3. Rusty Bristow 4. Siuatonga Likiliki 5. Thomas Ah Van 6. Kurt Kara 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Leeson Ah Mau 9. Alehana Mara 10. Luke Laban 11. Michael Afioga 12. Sione Lousi 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Matt Robinson 16. John Palavi 17. Beau King

RAIDERS: 1. Drury Low 2. Matt Ward 3. Michael Nixon 4. Mick Cullen 5. Steve Naughton 6. Mick Picker (c) 7. Sam Williams 8. Todd Rheinberger 9. Nathan Mossman 10. Zac Merritt 11. Sam Mataora 12. Mark Nicholls 13. Jarrad Kennedy
Interchange: 14. Matt Mcilwrick 15. Mitch Kennedy 16. Matt Britt 17. Mark Appleton
Referee: Gavin West;
Sideline Officials: Daniel Caddy & Aaron Kesha

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep, the Jnr Raiders are defending champions. We were 2 seconds away from having a crack at them in the GF...still hurts.

Question. Did Matulino play in the 20s last Saturday at Parramatta? If so why is he not named again, and if not..um, I don't know. Is he injured? I heard Cleary say he was dropped.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Magic. Hope Packer goes down this week as well and I get to watch them all in action on a sunny Auckland arvo at noon. Bliss.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Aw, no Gavet. How is Laban still getting a gig? I much prefer King. I imagine Kara & Taylor will swap around.

Go Juniors, Go!!! I'll have to remember to turn the TV off, once the Juniors are finished.

mackdadday

Juniors
Im just curious about who the last hyped Warriors junior was that has actually made it big in the NRL..Ive been caught in the hype of Ah Van, Mika, Rapira, Ah Mau, Poching, Matulino, Packer, O'Regan..When was the last time a warriors junior smashed through and made his name? Brown seems great but hes been sunk back..It seems locke is ready to go but whos really smashed their way into the team in the last few seasons? other teams hype players and they get their chance but it just seems that their arent a lot of young warriors becoming permanent fixtures in the main team..

Iafeta

Referee
Im just curious about who the last hyped Warriors junior was that has actually made it big in the NRL..Ive been caught in the hype of Ah Van, Mika, Rapira, Ah Mau, Poching, Matulino, Packer, O'Regan..When was the last time a warriors junior smashed through and made his name? Brown seems great but hes been sunk back..It seems locke is ready to go but whos really smashed their way into the team in the last few seasons? other teams hype players and they get their chance but it just seems that their arent a lot of young warriors becoming permanent fixtures in the main team..

Sam Rapira, Manu Vatuvei, Simon Mannering have all come through the system quite successfully I would say. Fai I'm sure would have. Matulino, Packer, Locke, they'll all make it. Ta'ai will make it. Then you have Leeson Ah Mau and Steve Rapira who will both make it at the Cowboys. I don't the juniors have been the problem at all, I don't expect any of them to be Jarryd Hayne's or Israel Falou's, although I do expect a very good career out of Packer and Locke in particular. All in all, I think the juniors have done particularly well, NYC has been around for 2 years and already we've seen numerous debutants and I'm sure numerous long careers.

Rich102

Staff member
It was mentioned by McIvor yesterday that neither Packer nor Matulino were elidgible for the finals series.

LeagueNut

First Grade
tc-r25-bulwar.gif

BULLDOGS: 1. Nehe Millner-Skudder 2. Peter Tuiafiso 3. Lachlan Gowland 4. Josh Bishop 5. Chris Taripo 6. Shane Pumipi 7. Rhys Jack 8. Martin Taupau 9. Jamie Graham 10. Joseph Matapuku 11. Dane Finucane 12. Ben James 13. Lachlan Burr
Interchange: 15. David Harris 16. Nathan Dib 20. Pakisonasi Afu 22. Keresoma Sione

WARRIORS: 1. Jason Cook 2. Elijah Niko 3. Thomas Ah Van 4. Siuatonga Likiliki 5. George Vuna 6. Kurt Kara 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Leeson Ah Mau 9. Alehana Mara 10. Beau King 11. Michael Afioga 12. Sione Lousi 13. Elijah Taylor (c)
Interchange: 14. Matt Robinson 15. James Gavet 16. Sebastien Ikahihifo 17. Luke Laban; Reserves: 18. John Palavi