What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kids are Alright

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
1.Sloan
2.Feagai
3.Ramsey
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6. Amone
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.McCullogh
10.Molo
11.Sims
12.Sua
13.JDB
14.Mbye
15.Burgess
16.McGuire
17.Bird
Probably some I forgot but you get that.

gitano

Juniors
It's halftime and no matter what the result, I'm feeling pleased for the first time in a long time.
The Kids are alright.
Sloane/amone/Sullivan
Gee wiz.
Good times ahead.
Sprinkle some fijian beast dust and Lomax down the right and we have some points and real class.
Lomax isn't in that class.
Slow predicable steps, poor options, limp carries out of yardage.

More worried about looking cool.

DamoV

Juniors

Very harsh mate. No he’s not the finished product yet, but he’s missed a heap of footy this year. Any club in the comp would snap him up if he became available which tells you enough. He’s 21, has some shit in his game he needs to improve, including staying too high in his dummy half runs, but he will be gold for us.

TruSaint

Referee
Very harsh mate. No he’s not the finished product yet, but he’s missed a heap of footy this year. Any club in the comp would snap him up if he became available which tells you enough. He’s 21, has some shit in his game he needs to improve, including staying too high in his dummy half runs, but he will be gold for us.

Agree. He's not where I expected him to be, but I forget how little time in firsts he has had. Seems like ages. It aint.

be55

Juniors

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

rasaint

Juniors
Gitano you are venturing into dangerous waters criticising Lomax. Remember he is a kid at 21 and has only 50 NRL games experience. Imagine the potential and how good he will be after 150 games at the end of his big $$$ 6 year deal.Best, Staggs, Burton, Crithon, to name a few will be quaking in their boots.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Gitano you are venturing into dangerous waters criticising Lomax. Remember he is a kid at 21 and has only 50 NRL games experience. Imagine the potential and how good he will be after 150 games at the end of his big $$$ 6 year deal.Best, Staggs, Burton, Crithon, to name a few will be quaking in their boots.
He and Crichton have about the same amount of games. Crichton’s have been in a much better side though with better halves a better coach and more consistent game time instead of spread out so much. In saying that Lomax made some terrible misses yesterday and he can’t really blame anyone for that. He does have to and will improve. I would consider this year a write off for him with injury and suspensions.

Dragons4me

Juniors

He rarely gets any clean ball in attack. Never see him in open space. Hopefully a better halves pairing next year will present more opportunities for him.

rasaint

Juniors
Zac will be in open space if he makes a break by busting tackles and using speed to accelerate away He has had some clean ball particularly from Dufty and scored trys. Even the maligned Euan Aiken scored good trys from long range and busted through tackles.

Zac is simply an acceptable NRL player who takes the field, trys hard and makes up the 13. Will occasionally flick a good pass and make a great catch ( mind you a number of both fail).He is normally a reasonable goal kicker, some games an excellent goal kicker.

Nothing personal against the chap, scored an amazing reported deal of $650k a season to role on for another 5 years. At $350-$400 k could live with, but as a dragons tragic the days of big money deals for unremarkable players or aging ‘once good‘ please no.

Comps are won with at least one fast powerful centre think Gaz and Coops 2010 ( we had two). Personally I believe Ruben Garrick is superior to Zac, fast, catches well and a more consistently good goal kicker on half Zac’s dollars. That is one we missed.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Zac will be in open space if he makes a break by busting tackles and using speed to accelerate away He has had some clean ball particularly from Dufty and scored trys. Even the maligned Euan Aiken scored good trys from long range and busted through tackles.

Zac is simply an acceptable NRL player who takes the field, trys hard and makes up the 13. Will occasionally flick a good pass and make a great catch ( mind you a number of both fail).He is normally a reasonable goal kicker, some games an excellent goal kicker.

Nothing personal against the chap, scored an amazing reported deal of $650k a season to role on for another 5 years. At $350-$400 k could live with, but as a dragons tragic the days of big money deals for unremarkable players or aging ‘once good‘ please no.

Comps are won with at least one fast powerful centre think Gaz and Coops 2010 ( we had two). Personally I believe Ruben Garrick is superior to Zac, fast, catches well and a more consistently good goal kicker on half Zac’s dollars. That is one we missed.
Agree with you about Garrick but helps to play alongside DCE and turbo Tom. Lomax's skill is more about running into gaps. He more often than not gets ball in a defenders face. When was the last time we saw a sweeping backline movement? Rarely this year. I'm saying for the most part of the year, Lomax has had poor service from his halves. I'm really hoping Sullivan and Amone bring the combinations that I've watched in the lower grades next year. That is one of a number of changes needed with the team moving forward and then I believe Lomax will shine. My opinion only.

Last edited:

Latest posts