What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Once Dead

Bench
Anyone a fan? Yup, this is the 'Somebody Told Me' band

Picked up their CD after hearing 'Mr. Brightside' and initially 'Somebody Told Me'.....the vocalist has a weird style but its peculiarity is what gives it its appeal....the synthesizer is a little out of the blue too, but works really well with what they're doing

Killer tracks:
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine (The catchiest bass line in a long time)
Mr. Brightside (Some pretty cool lyrics and vocals in this song)
Somebody Told Me (Overplayed on MTV but still a great song)
Andy, You're a Star
Smile Like You Mean It
Midnight Show

The last half of the album gets a little hit and miss...especially 'Everything Will Be Alright'........but all in all a solid album, hell there's even solos hahahah

They're a pretty strange bunch of guys as evidenced from their effort, notably the vocalist's, on Letterman last week....still a great album, check it out

Anonymous

Juniors
Bought their CD ages ago.

Somebody Told Me is my favourite track (it stands head and shoulders above the rest) but IMO All These Things That You've Done is the second best on the album.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I haven't heard all their songs, but I like what I've heard so far. They have a unique style which is good. Mr Brightside would be my favourite at the moment. Top song!

Simo

First Grade
Very interesting, I like sombody told me and have not heard any others. Will have to check it out.

Tottenham

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
Killer tracks:
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine (The catchiest bass line in a long time)

that is a great bass line i must say, and the synth at the end of that song is awesome

warren

Juniors
I got this album ages ago, and i agree it's sooooo good. I love Mr brightside jenny was a friend of mine. I am sick of somebody told me because its overplayed

I am also sick of somebody told me, Jenny was a friend of mine is also good

What genre you reckon? Straight rock? Retro rock? Punk rock? Something else?

Melstar

Juniors
slightly retro rock imo. Hot Fuss is a great CD, which while being fairly solid, there are some clear standouts amongst the tracks -Somebody Told Me, Mr Brightside, Jenny, and Smile Like You Mean It. I'm surprisingly not sick of Somebody Told Me yet

Are any of you going to one of their concerts in the next few weeks? I'm going to the Brissie show on 20 Dec.

Azkatro

First Grade
I didn't mind hearing Somebody Told Me on the radio, thought it was a pretty good song. It struck me as very Orgy. So I got a decent quality version of it and had a listen on the headphones.

The production is bloody shithouse!

It made me think that whoever produced it was sitting there fiddling with the knobs, it was just ridiculous and took heaps away from the song. Sounds fine on the radio, but sounded awful "properly". Is the rest of the album like that?

Whats the name of their song that has the lyrics that keep going 'and she's...and he's...' then the chorus that goes 'somthiiiiiiiiiiiiing'....

lol, you know the one...

MILLWALL

Juniors
Somebody told me annoys me now, i saw the killers on conan they played mr brightside which is a top song and the drummer looks like a nutcase

Feez_Giggles

Bench
i bought this album yesterday and have been repeatedly listening to mr.brightside, i love it so much, its awesome

loving the rest of the cd too, a few songa are a bit 'uhh......yeah.......sure' but its all good

Once Dead

Bench
MILLWALL Of Doncaster said:
Somebody told me annoys me now, i saw the killers on conan they played mr brightside which is a top song and the drummer looks like a nutcase

HAHAHHA, how about the vocalist? Think it was on Letterman and he was dancing like a nut