What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors
260 players fulltime professional playing in the US by 2025.

And no funding needed from the NRL or Australian taxpayer.

I say great stuff, have at it.
Scanlon didn't mention in the interview where the 260 players are coming from :/ let's hope they havnt forgotten that important detail.

Interesting to hear confirmation that NY were going to join the English comp. It's staggering the ESL turned thier nose up at having Toronto, Ottawa and NY.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thanks for posting.

Your more grounded than most, what's your thoughts?
I think its really interesting they have got it this far without a big song and dance in the media. It has been well under the radar but they have already sold 3 of the 10 club licenses and apparently have sponsors and tv lining up. That for me always bodes well when the hard work is done without any fanfare.

Its a big ask for clubs to generate enough revenue to sustain FT prof in a new country, but Wolfpack showed it may be possible so hopefully it will work. I just hope they have enough funding behind them for the tough times. It does seem a good time with lots of rich people and investment groups buying into sport. Its a relatively cheap buy in compared to other sports. Landing enough revenue from tv will be the key decider if it works or not.

This news is far far more exciting to me than the NRL double header.

Vlad59

Juniors
With regard to the Scanlan interview, I was concerned about his reference to the current US comp which I thought he brushed off although he said lots of lovely things about pathways etc. My impression FWIW

Chins get the wins

First Grade
To be fair though, that's a pretty reasonable argument. I, like many here, grew up watching grand finals and State of Origins at a reasonable hour. It's what makes me enjoy the game so much these days. My son couldn't stay awake through a GF and the late night of SOO before school the next day was too much for him. I took him to games and he had jerseys and flags but ended up with little interest in actually watching the games, it was more just saying that he had a team to follow.
Your son sounds like a typical Manly fan.... no ticker

docbrown

Coach
I'm amazed at how much Fox Sports USA are putting into these games.

Andrew Webster said when he was in the USA recently Fox Sports 1 were promoting the NRL double header during thier NFL play offs telecasts.

As the great man Andrew Webster said, if we can't make it in the US of A with the backing of Lachlan Murdock we'll never make it.
I was on the American Fox Sports site the other day looking for NHL highlights and the Cowboys pre-season game live feed was at the top of their video page. Not sure if it went into their replay queue though.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The 4 tickets (me+3) for $14.25 USD is a smart promotion for an event like this.

Its not about revenue, its about getting a crowd to turn up. The trick here will be ensuring the purchaser of the 4 tickets, does indeed have 3 other people attending.
2 obese yanks will take up the 4 seats.