What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LOGO Thread.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Similar to the jersey thread, instead this time is's concentrating on your most or least liked logo's in the Rugby League community. (Can be from any time, any comp.. as long as it's RL)

I'll start from the left field and add some BRL/QRL classics.

brothers.gif

Brothers RLFC - always liked this one but IMO should've had a more "classic" Boston Celtics (NBA) look to it.

valleys.jpg

Valleys Diehards - Good logo for it's time, though it hasn't aged well.
brothers-valleys.gif

Brothers-Valleys (from their short merger years) - I like how it incorporates both clubs in the logo.
logan.jpg

Logan City Scorpions - Always been a big fan of this logo and short lived club. It was sad when they they merged with Souths (as Ive always like the maggies too)

vikings.jpg

The original Gold Coast QRL CUP team, the Gold Coast Vikings (did they set up the ARU Championship team all those years later?). It's not a bad logo. Raiders could take note.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
vipers.jpg

Port Moresby Vipers - Should they be brought back into the QRL? The logo was tops IMO. They weren't a very good side though from memory but tried and toiled hard.

cairns.jpg

Cairns Cyclones (like the GCVikings, they were the original QRL CUP Cairns based team). The logo is a mix between the Storms and Giants (GCTweed). Doesn't really capture the cyclone in the logo. Pretty poor IMO.

wests.jpg

Up the Westies! Wests Panthers always had a top notch logo. Not as good as their original design from the BRL days but still better than the Penrith Panthers current logo. Ive been a big fan of this particular logo for some time. Side note: bring back the Panthers!!
norths.jpg

Norths Devils - little creepy logo of a demonic devil child. Captured the North side youth perfectly at the time! lol Always sat on the fence with this logo. I prefer the new one but it's to similar to AFL's Melbourne Demons (the new Norths one that is).

Harlequins.jpg

Harlequins RFLC - This is a strange logo but not as strange as their jerseys. It bemuses me but I like it oddly enough.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
bear.jpg

North Sydney Bears 1996 - 1999 - Always been a big fan of this logo and have come close to getting it tatted somewhere on me on many drunken occassions (however Ive never gone through with it... yet)

2.jpg

Ahh yes, the classic North Sydney Bears (WOMBAT) logo from the 50's. Love it!
1.jpg

Ok, technically not a jersey logo but it's the League's Club logo for Norths. Not as good as the others but still awesome.
41779_72707929443_6096_n.jpg

Central Coast Bears logo - it has it's haters but I like it. It's grown on me definitely.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
brisbane_1988.jpg

Original Brisbane Broncos logo - My personal favorite Broncos logo
goldcoast_1989.jpg

Gold Coast Tweed Giants logo - ehh its ok at best
goldcoast_1988.jpg

Here is another version of the Giants logo..
adelaide_1998.jpg

Adelaide Rams logo - Ive always like this one.
8754483841353545.jpg

Gold Coast Seagulls - love the colours. Logo isn't too bad either. Better then any other Gold Coast teams logo IMO.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Our previous logo, the scrotum-chin Bulldog, was among the worst in NRL history IMO.

Parramatta's fattened Eel between 2000-03 wasn't that great either :lol:

BDGS

Bench
bulldogsversion2.jpg

Top Logo, graphics done from Kaaze. A guy from New Zealand who supports the Knights and is great with graphics.
fsfsdf.jpg
- Good
storm-logo.jpg
- Surprisingly made an American list of the top 100 sports logos ever.

Latest posts