What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The lowest of the lows

Where do you start? I went to the game and left 15 minutes from the end and I am home now. I don't know why I bothered.

The players deserved the boos - but it starts and ends with teh coach. The players look fed up - what do they do at training? The lack of tackling tonight was embarassing.

I really thought we wouldnt get the spoon this year - now I am certain we will. Nothing will change - the players clearly know there are issues within the club. The fans want answers for that effort.

barney gumble

Juniors
Yep, hard to argue. I suffered through the early to mid 90s, this looks worryingly similar to that period, if not worse.

Pazza

First Grade
I get the impression that this structure SK has bought to the club has sucked the life out of most of our players. They just don't look like they want to be there!

Bazal

Post Whore
The difference tonight (and last week to a lesser extent, when it was also Thurston) was coaching. Cleary has IMO the worst roster in the game to work with...but he gets the best out of his players. Kearney simply can't seem to do that. We look like a side with nothing to play for, and that generally happens when a coach has lost the dressing room.

I get the impression that this structure SK has bought to the club has sucked the life out of most of our players. They just don't look like they want to be there!

Agree. Sandow in particular - it looks like he has been told not to play his natural game.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We had a great coach who wanted to rebuild the club but was shown the door as soon as 3P & co could find an excuse to do so.
What a loss it was with Daniel Anderson.

Hutchy86

Juniors
surely there'd be more whispers of unrest if the players were unhappy? all you seem to hear is how amazing he is.. that's certainly not translating onto the football field

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Chins up guys - there's no way it's as bad as circa 1995.

Once you get Hayne back you will avoid the spoon I'm sure. In fact, I reckon you'll turn things around and finish anywhere from 12th - 8th. As you proved in '09, anything can happen from there (given you make 8th).

Yep, hard to argue. I suffered through the early to mid 90s, this looks worryingly similar to that period, if not worse.
it's worse now because we have a much better roster than we did early '90's. those blokes from the early '90's like chris king, greg drake, craig izzard, scott mahon, danny crankovich, dave woods etc always had a dig just didn't have the talent.
We have some talent now, Sandow, Roberts, Hindy, Mannah, Hayne when fit, tonga, all good players some of them aren't having a dig.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Once you get Hayne back you will avoid the spoon I'm sure. In fact, I reckon you'll turn things around and finish anywhere from 12th - 8th. As you proved in '09, anything can happen from there (given you make 8th).

The weak-gutted merkins need to be able to have a go even with Hayne out.

But thanks for your support.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if we could defend.

All Hayne will change is we will lose 18-34 instead of 0-40 every week.

Avenger

Immortal
Kearney needs to go. He can also take Lasalo, Ben Roberts, Sio, Matt Keating, Ryan Morgan, Paulo and Blair with him. I shit on his structure, philosophy and vision. Just f**king go.

crocodile

Bench

This. The only try we scored all night was the one time we chucked the ball around.

_addict

Juniors
I agree that the players look disheartened, and that's the most disappointing thing really. Parramatta is a heartland club and a defeatist attitude is unacceptable in the colours that should reflect that with pride.

I don't really know what to say except I feel for you fans and hope the team can exert some self-belief and pride.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
The weak-gutted merkins need to be able to have a go even with Hayne out.

But thanks for your support.

Fair enough mate.

Hey, I can empathise - I sat through several seasons of utter shite from my team from 1987 - 91. You just gotta keep the faith.

TeHEel

Juniors
We had a great coach who wanted to rebuild the club but was shown the door as soon as 3P & co could find an excuse to do so.
What a loss it was with Daniel Anderson.
Don't let 09 cloud your judgement that was pure Hayne arse off the back of Fui (that reads as bad as it sounds). We had no right to make the 8 let alone the GF. Without that DA's stats are also less the stella. Players for f sake have to stand up - so far they have not. I would be happy to see half the top 25 go before we axe another coach...

Latest posts