What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Huddersfield Town Thread

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
League One team. Play at the Galpharm Stadium.
We need a thread, so here it is! =D

Apparentely we MAY be gettin a friendly against Newcastle United at home, Lee Clarke has his contacts and an announcement made in the next 2 weeks.

We are also apparently set to sign Southend United defender Peter Clarke. A good signing, especially as our defence needs attending too.

Newboy Anthony Kay (from Tranmere Rovers) looks like he MAY be given the captaincy as well.

If Clarke comes, then its two great signings from teams who finished above us. Both apparentely had offers from higher teams.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
And its confirmed for the 21st of July at home.
Huddersfield Town Vs Newcastle United

Newcastle being my old premier league team, im looking forward to this one! :crazy:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
good to see they have some support

Most people dont even know about Huddersfield, and the ones that do mostly associate them with the rugby league team (Giants)

So some more great news for us. Looks like we are about to sign Coventrys versatile forward in Robbie Simpson for 300,000 pounds for around that mark.

If we sign him, we'll need another forward, and a right back would be good as well.

We officially start with the season in Round 1 away at newboy Peter Clarkes old club, Southend who finished above us. A tough ask.

Then things get tougher as we come home to face Southhampton in Round 2, This may be a good chance to get the Saints off-guard. With the Saints looking most likely from the 3 relegated championship sides to be promoted back up.

Will keep ya regularly updated!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
your'e right about one thing, I know nothing about them

good luck for the upcoming season

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Further great news for 'Town

Young midfielder Michael Collins has re-signed until 2012, great news as he is an exciting prospect.

He has also expressed his belief that Town 'has what it takes' to reach the Championship next season.

Other news is, new boy Peter Clarke (Southend player of the year last season) claims money is not the reason for his move to Town but rather than career advancements and he thinks Town can bring him to the next level.

One other new lad, previously mentioned in this thread (Anthony Kay) was Tranmere Rovers player of the season last year.

Another new signing has been revealed in Lee Peltier from Yeovil. Peltier was Yeovils player of the year last year. Peltier, 22 and is a right back has signed for 3 years. Former liverpool trainee and has also spent time at Hull FC. A great signing for the galpharm.

Even more great news. Town have re-signed our top goalscorer (Gary Roberts) for a further three seasons. Roberts was named the Clubs player of the year. Will be great having Huddersfields, Yeovils, Tranmeres and Southends players of the years all in one team!!

Finally, Town have added Theo Robinson to the playing roster from Watford. We bet off competiton from fellow League One teams as well as Championship teams. Robinson, 20 scored 7 goals from 22 appearances while on loan to Southend last year. He joins Anthony Kay, Peter Clarke, Robbie Simpson and Lee Peltier as new signings to Town.

A big name signing is also set to be announced in coming weeks. One that will make the papers.

nibbs

Bench
Having been to the Gilpharm for a Rugby League international, I can confirm it is a nice ground

WireMan

Bench
A big win last night.

Drinkwater who scored one of the goals is on loan from United and there are very big things expected from this guy.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yep. A 7-1 victory over Brighton...what a result!
We bet Southhampton 3-1 the game before
and kicked the season off with a draw against Southend

Puts us 4th in ladder

Some great prospects in the team, Rhodes, Kay, Drinkwater and Robinson all are GREAT!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
C'mon Terriers against Notts County!!
Big name signings this year in Joey Gudjonnsen, Gary Naysmith and Scott Arfield

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
3-0 result to Huddersfield to kick off the sesaon
Pilkinton scored twice and Rhodes got the other.
Top of the league after opening round.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
3rd place, equal with 2nd Southhampton due to goal difference. Although the saint do have a game in hand.

Its gonna be an awesome finish, we're unbeaten in something like 21 games.

good luck on getting into the championship

don't really like anyone in that division other than tranmere for killing giants

and would be good to see cardiff make it to the premier league, I remember them in the old division 3.

also hoping forrest go up and was hoping millwall or leeds go up so I can watch chelsea batter them for a season :D

so if you do make it to the championship I hope you can get a strong side and try and get to the premiership and stay there. its gonna be tough though alot of good teams in the championship and ones that arent playing that well will have strong seasons next year.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
If i were a betting man, i'd say Brighton and Huddersfield for automatic (Brighton have secured the league) promotion with Southhampton winning the playoffs to go to the Championship.

In the Championship I would say QPR and possibly Norwich or Cardiff for automatic. I think someone like either Swansea or either Norwich or Cardiff to go inthe play offs.

Being relegated from the Championship looks to be Sheff United, Preston and Smerkinhorpe. Although i wouldnt be surprised to see Palace or even Derby fall a division.

In the Prem league, going down will be Wolves, Blackpool and Wigan. I think West Ham will pull themselves out by the skin of their teeth.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
The necro 6 years later and a HUGE game against Reading. Winner to go to the Premier League

Come on you terriers!