What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Huddersfield Town Thread

Mong

Post Whore
That would have been hectic to watch as a HT fan :)

Give the goal keeper a medal!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ruddy heck!
Being a Town fan isn't easy but I sure am damned proud of that lot

I know emotions are higher at the end of the season, but jeeps, if we could set up and play like that against the top 6 every time and then employ a more attacking formation against the rest then we'd do alot better (until found out of course)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well...heck.
Proud of my Town.

Stayed up that extra season
Played pants, didn't score much, barely won. BUT the fans were great

Going to be a bit of a clear out at Town

Top of my head I can see Lossl, Puncheon, Zanka, Kongolo, Sobhi, Sabiri, Billing, Williams, Depoitre, and probably Mooy, Durm and Flo all going

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
So, been a while, Hi!

Since our time in the PL, we've been a constant relegation threat.

UNTIL NOW.

We are 5th in the league. Still not scoring as much as I'd like.

Highlights for this season so far - Sorba Thomas, signed from non league Boreham Wood in January, and he's already been capped for Wales since coming to us, and is one of the first names on our team sheet.

Lee Nicholls, goalie we plucked from League One side MK dons. It's so refreshing having a keeper that inspires confidence unlike our previous goalkeeper (local lad, Ryan Schofield)

And lastly, our defence as a whole. We typically employ a 3 man back line of Tom Lees (signed from relegated Wednesday, and he has been good!), Matty Pearson (signed from Luton of all places) and Levi Colwill (England under 21, on loan from Chelsea). So a brand new defence and keeper...and surprise, we aren't in the battle to stay up.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Should learn not to post in these thread.
2 games since I posted this and-

We let slip a 1-0 lead against 21st place Peterborough with 6 minutes to go to draw 1-1
We also let slip a 1-0 lead, to concede a goal in the 74th and then in extra time against 20th place Cardiff to lose 2-1

Sees us drop down to 8th. Had we kept those leads, we'd still be 5th. Proving that once you're in the lead, it's imperative you come away with the points.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Good win at home against West Brom.
Didn't see that happening

We next face off against QPR, should we win that, we will leapfrog them into the play-off positions.
Still very early days yet, and I suspect we will slide down the table

Fulham and Bournemouth running away at the top.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
In typical town fashion, we lose 1-0.
Still within touching distance of the play off spots.
Truth be told, I never expected us to be up here anyway, thought we'd struggle again to keep up.

Am concerned mainly by our striking options.. Jordan Rhodes has been injured nearly the whole time he's been with us, Fraizer Campbell who is 34 and yet to score this season, Danny Ward who only scored once last season (albeit, he has I think 3 this season), A young lad from West Ham who can't get more than 10 minutes a game..

We've also got quite a few injuries, Aaron Rowe a bright spark from last season is yet to take the field, Vallejo out for 3 weeks, captain Jonathan Hogg out for 6-8 weeks, Duane Holmes has been out recently although he should be at least on the bench on the weekend. As mentioned earlier Jordan Rhodes has been a long term absentee, as has Spanish U-21 player Pipa although both Pipa and Rhodes are due back over the next few weeks. Danny Grant has also been unavailable due to a number of injuries and a nasty Covid case.

I am hoping we can strengthen by bringing in a midfielder in the Hogg mould, a striker and maybe a number 10, as Danel Sinani (on loan from Norwich) is okay, but needs competition

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
And a dissappointing 2-1 loss to Boro, our goal was an OG in extra time as well

Not sure I like Coberan or not, the league table is okay, we're sitting 8th. However, he micro manages the players from the sidelines. I'm all for a passionate manager, but at times I think it's best to let the players actually play without CONSTANTLY being in their ears. I also find him hard to understand during the press conferences, I do wonder how the players can buy into him if they also struggle.

This season is mirroring last season, first half the season started really well, then we were in a relegation fight. I hope we don't go there again!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
And now we are on a 17 game unbeaten run!
Currently third, albeit with teams with games in hand around us.

Potentially a playoff spot this year!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Play off spot confirmed!

2 games to go. (3 for Bournemouth and Forest)
Fulham are promoted, likely as champions barring a collapse, and Bournemouth winning all 3

My predictions:

The 2nd automatic spot will be either Bournemouth or Nottingham Forest (likely Bournemouth)
3rd will be the other of Bournemouth or Forrest (likely Forest)
4th will be us (Huddersfield)
5th likely to be Luton
6th will be one of Sheffield United, Millwall, Blackburn, Middlesborough, QPR or Coventry (although the last two is extremely unlikely). If i were to guess, I have a sneaky feeling it'll be Blackburn.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Fulham go up as champions
Forest play Bournemouth overnight in what could be the deciding game of the race to the automatic

Huddersfield (GO YOU BEAUTY!) can't finish below 4th, could go to 3rd.
5 and 6th is a crap shoot between Luton (who just got smashed 7-0 by Fulham), Sheffield United, Middlesborough or unlikely Milwall. 4 teams vying for 2 spots. It's good viewing now as a neutral

Blackburn, Coventry and QPR are out of the running now

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Bournemouth confirmed promotion

1st Fulham
2nd Bournemouth

Confirmed

3rd and 4th are Nottingham Forest and us (Huddersfield). Currently equal points, with Forest having the better GD. We need to better their result to claim 3rd.

5th and 6th will be out of Sheffield United (they play Fulham), Luton (they play Reading), Middlesborough (they play Preston) and Millwall who need results to go their way and to beat Bournemouth.

If i were a betting man, I'd say it will finish Fulham > Bournemouth > Forest > Huddersfield > Luton > Middlesborough

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
We finished 3rd
Forest 4th
Sheffield United 5th
Luton 6th

Sets up Huddersfield to play Luton, Forest to play Sheffield over 2 legs.
2 winners face each other at Wembly... COME ON YOU TERRIERS!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
WEMBLEY!!
We beat Luton 2-1 on aggregate, after a 1-0 win at home.

We play the winner of Forest and Sheffield, Forest have a 2-1 advantage, and are playing at home.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Forest beat us 1-0 at Wembly, courtesy of an (unlucky) own goal.

2 penalty shouts turned down, and dare I say one is a stonewall pen, the other could have been given on any other day.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What a time to be a Huddersfield Fan.

We are now in a relegation battle!

2 games to go, we are 3 points ahead of Reading (the only team who can catch us) and we have a game in hand.

We play at home against already promoted, but can't win the title Sheffield United
Our last game is at home against Reading.

Effectively all we need is a draw in either game and we stay up
If we lose both our games, League One beckons.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
And there's the win we needed!
Neil Warnock is a god!

We're being taken over by some american donny, hoping he invests!

Latest posts