What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LWOS Hall of Fame

Anonymous

Juniors
Legends World of Sport is now over two years old. This is where many of us come from and it seems appropiate to give it pride of place here at TFR.
Some of most enjoyable threads you could hope to read are at LWOS.

The choice of these are at LWOS Hall of Fame - click here

Warning: this post contains droll Canadian humour, and may be offensive to some readers.

Hey, what a great forum that was. And there were many other great threads there over the years. I've got an idea! Why don't we blow this dump and go back there and make it a great, thriving forum once again!

Disclaimer: The preceding message was a joke. It represents the views only of the writer, and not of the LWOS forum. It was not meant to be taken seriously. The writer fully realizes that what he suggested isn't going to happen, and looks forward to seeing more posts in this nostalgic section.

It's fun to read over the old Getting to Know You thread, and look at some poster's first times on LWOS. Also to read a lot of old names and wonder where they've gone.

Here was a friendly welcoming message to my first post on that thread:

Recommend Message 55 of 329 in Discussion

G'day Canadian Steve,
I know we've chatted before and I've seen you most recently on the North American Rugby League site.
Great to have you here and ask as many questions as you like]. I'm sure you'll get a few in return.
Cheers

LordTed

First Grade
Christ this joint looks like a set of assembly instructions.
I'm lost,but hopefully one day in the near future,I find myself.
Basically I have dropped in to take up CK's invitation and check out his AFL tips and analysis. I look forward to it,but f**ked if I can find it.
I don't even know where this will end up.
Anyway, howdy to the folks from LWOS.
CK,
Thanks for the message.

Lord Ted: I hope you don't get a rough ride here.

Go to the select a forum drop-down thing at the bottom of this page, click it, and scroll past all the NRL team names till you get to Other Sports, find AFL and click it. CyberKev's thread should be in the AFL section. There are other ways to go, but that should get you there.

The decision to accept changes or not is up to you. :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Lord Ted said:
Christ this joint looks like a set of assembly instructions.
I'm lost,but hopefully one day in the near future,I find myself.
Basically I have dropped in to take up CK's invitation and check out his AFL tips and analysis. I look forward to it,but f**ked if I can find it.
I don't even know where this will end up.
Anyway, howdy to the folks from LWOS.
CK,
Thanks for the message.

After you log-in, scroll down and you'll see the AFL forum. Its about two-thirds of the way down the page. Sticks out like dogs balls.

I'm sure after a few days and a few clicks you'll have no trouble mate.

hutch

First Grade
so this is why LWOS is so quiet, everyone is here! Juts a quick question, why the move. i dont post much at LWOS anymore, but i check it nearly every day. A sad demise, lets all go back!!!!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
hutch said:
so this is why LWOS is so quiet, everyone is here! Juts a quick question, why the move. i dont post much at LWOS anymore, but i check it nearly every day. A sad demise, lets all go back!!!!!!
OK mate... you lead the charge.. :)
I left a message on LWOS for you. Leagueunlimited has its own forum and the format appealed to a lot of people... so we here are.
Welcome aboard Hutch, good to see you here.

hutch said:
A sad demise, lets all go back!!!!!!

I expressed that wish too Hutch, but it doesn't seem it's going to happen. ](*,) You could try posting similar sentiments over and over again, but I've found that doesn't work either. :cry:

Anonymous

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
hutch said:
A sad demise, lets all go back!!!!!!

I expressed that wish too Hutch, but it doesn't seem it's going to happen. You could try posting similar sentiments over and over again, but I've found that doesn't work either. :cry:

It has nothing to do with the sentiment not working Steve. But post them over and over again if you really think it will achieve anything. If you'd really like to see LWOS active again, then make some interesting posts... the same goes for anyone else who like to see LWOS happening again.

This reminds me of an experience I once had at a concert at a Eastern Sydney venue in the late 80s.

I was working the door that night and the place was pumping with over 500 people on the dance floor. Some codger came up to me and demanded that I tell the people to sit back down because he paid for a table up the back and the dancers were now obscuring his view.

I said, "you can't stop 500 people from dancing." He replied, "Thats not good enough, I'll just keep asking until you do something about it."

There's an end to the story, but it's not for public consumption. ;-)

Willow said:
It has nothing to do with the sentiment not working Steve. But post them over and over again if you really think it will achieve anything. If you'd really like to see LWOS active again, then make some interesting posts... the same goes for anyone else who like to see LWOS happening again.

Willow, my reference was to the fact that I was accused of posting the same complaint too many times, and took some criticism here for it. Surely you can see that I've accepted the change, (up to 100 posts here now), but I just gave a little comment in response to Hutch's post.

As for what you said about the way to revive LWOS, you're right, that's what will have to happen for it to come back.

Anonymous

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
As for what you said about the way to revive LWOS, you're right, that's what will have to happen for it to come back.
Halleluah! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Jokes aside, when LWOS first came to notice, you could the amount of forummers on one hand. It can happen again but it'll take a committed effort from people who have the time and more importantly, want it to happen.

Willow, just curious. Are all the managers at LWOS active here now? (I forget who all were managers/AM's there.) I know it doesn't need much managing ATM, being so slow, but if it ever picks up again, do you foresee having new managers? I mean if the managers who are now here were too busy to do it justice. Or do you think the same people could handle both?

And no, after my abject failure at KRL, I'm not asking because I'm interested in a position. Just curious.

Anonymous

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
Willow, just curious. Are all the managers at LWOS active here now? (I forget who all were managers/AM's there.) I know it doesn't need much managing ATM, being so slow, but if it ever picks up again, do you foresee having new managers? I mean if the managers who are now here were too busy to do it justice. Or do you think the same people could handle both?

And no, after my abject failure at KRL, I'm not asking because I'm interested in a position. Just curious.
The managers are easily identified at LWOS by simply clicking on the members tools and then the members list.
Its even easier here at TFR becuase the moderators are listed next to each forum.
Not all are active and one or two have changed their handle.
If someone takes up the challenge and revives LWOS then I can imagine there would be a change in mods.

Willow said:
The managers are easily identified at LWOS by simply clicking on the members tools and then the members list.
Its even easier here at TFR because the moderators are listed next to each forum.
Not all are active and one or two have changed their handle.
If someone takes up the challenge and revives LWOS then I can imagine there would be a change in mods.

Yes, I knew how to look up the managers. Here they are:
Role Member Since
El Duque manager 14/07/2001
legend manager 4/06/2001
MFC manager 16/07/2001
ozbash manager 5/07/2001
Roopy manager 15/07/2001
Willow manager 13/07/2001
bronco asst manager 10/12/2002
eels fan asst manager 13/07/2001
SpaceMonkey asst manager 18/07/2001

They're all here now, aren't they?