What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

Apey

Staff member
As someone who watched the last two seasons well after they'd come out, I don't know if I can do S3 one week at a time. Just a meh 38 minutes really. Think I might wait and binge because when you get an episode like that you can just choose to watch the next one immediately.

Timbo

Staff member
'You are an apostate and an outcast, we will never speak to you again'

'I went for a swim'

'Cool bro, great to see you! How have you been?'

So is that just the rule? f**k up all you want then take a quick dip and you're back in?

Reactions: PJ

nick87

Coach
Enjoying this season of Mando, but it's not been as good as previous years... Just feels a little disjointed to me so far. But even the Coruscant ep was cool and im interested in what's happening there... just the story they're telling right now isnt as cohesive as previous seasons

'You are an apostate and an outcast, we will never speak to you again'

'I went for a swim'

'Cool bro, great to see you! How have you been?'

So is that just the rule? f**k up all you want then take a quick dip and you're back in?

This is the way.

Apey

Staff member
Last ep was pretty good, thought Jar Jar's actor was quite weak even though it was only a small part.

Also, and this is going to sound strange, I'm just not that invested in his cult. That part of the story has improved for sure but I'm more entertained by everything other aspect of the show.

Munky

Coach
Does anyone else think dead eyed Luke showing up last season cheapened the story?

The quick reversal in a different show was bizarre.

Reactions: PJ

Timbo

Staff member
Last ep was pretty good, thought Jar Jar's actor was quite weak even though it was only a small part.

Also, and this is going to sound strange, I'm just not that invested in his cult. That part of the story has improved for sure but I'm more entertained by everything other aspect of the show.

Yeah, I just don’t care about the helmet cult.

Also - Hey idiots. If you live by a lake that has a dinosaur crocodile in it and a dragons nest nearby and the problem is so bad you keep losing children, I have a solution. Move somewhere else.

Apey

Staff member
Does anyone else think dead eyed Luke showing up last season cheapened the story?

The quick reversal in a different show was bizarre.
Can understand seeing it that way but I thought it was fine. Grogu is a Jedi/force sensitive and him meeting Luke makes sense. I don't think they overdid it, either.

Now, having a significant part of the Mandalorian/Grogu story in The Book of Boba Fett on the other hand... yeah, that's bad.

Apey

Staff member
Since this seems to act as the general Star Wars thread, I just finished Bad Batch S2. It got better as it went on. Waiting for Season 3 will feel like forever. The animation is amazing too which makes it a lot of fun.

Munky

Coach
The droid bar certainly was an interesting lore point.

Kind of f**ked up to be honest if you think of the implications.

Apey

Staff member
Really?? I haven’t seen it yet it must really suck. This show has fallen off a cliff no wonder the ratings are tanking.
There has been a couple of good episodes, a couple of eh - meh filler and then this one. Apparently its a love/hate deal, you either love or hate this episode. I won't share any details and let you make up your own mind, lol.

It does have the lowest IMDB rating out now of all episodes for whatever that's worth.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There has been a couple of good episodes, a couple of eh - meh filler and then this one. Apparently its a love/hate deal, you either love or hate this episode. I won't share any details and let you make up your own mind, lol.

It does have the lowest IMDB rating out now of all episodes for whatever that's worth.
I think the whole season has been bog average and 6 was probably the worst.

All I can say is WTF Jack Black lol.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I didn’t mind the episode as such, the problem comes down to, it doesn’t add much to the overall storyline and when you only have 8 episodes a season you need to make them count.

Matua

Bench
In all honesty I don't get the criticism of this episode. Mando has always been a task of the week as part of the overarching story type of show. I don't see it as any different than a bunch of eps in the so called "good" seasons 1 and 2.

Munky

Coach
Mando is high budget Xena.

When it tries to delve any deeper it's pretty awful. Compare the Mando Coruscant episode to Andor and it's shallow trash.

Apey

Staff member
In all honesty I don't get the criticism of this episode. Mando has always been a task of the week as part of the overarching story type of show. I don't see it as any different than a bunch of eps in the so called "good" seasons 1 and 2.
For me it was like a bad episode of Scooby Doo with some celebrity cameos that were pretty cringe. Unlike most of his other 'quests' it added essentially nothing to the show.

Latest posts