What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Manly Hoodoo and Fitz

Sharkorff

Juniors
OK. Tin foil hat firmly grasped. Here goes: Cronulla’s shit brained culture of weakness, stems from Manly opening up our mouth and excreting in it, when & whenever the need arises. For many, many decades.

Craig Fitzgibbon, your task, should you choose to accept it, is erasing all knowledge of this obligation. If he does, he will go a long way to strengthening the culture at The Sharks. One team. One massive hoodoo. It needs to end. Everything else falls into place. Believe it.

And that, is the end of the matter.

Craigshark

First Grade
As much as I hate losing to them, do you reckon players like Rudolf perhaps have any idea that we can never beat them for whatever reason? I reckon most of the players would not have a clue.

Inferno

Coach
Remember when Manly hadn't won at Shark Park for over 20 years?

They certainly turned that around in a hurry.

Eion

First Grade
Manly treated us with utter contempt yesterday. They knew they’d win, chucked the ball around from the start.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Manly treated us with utter contempt yesterday. They knew they’d win, chucked the ball around from the start.
The kick on the early tackle set 2 was a highlight for me. That’s 9s stuff.

Quigs

Immortal
I still have very fond memories of when Prop Snowden punched piss and pick handles out of a loud mouthed Hartley at Shark Park.

The prick wasn't expecting the response he received but he certainly deserved the flogging.

Gawd it was beeee-ute-iful to watch. Should be more of it I say.

shaggs

Coach
The kick on the early tackle set 2 was a highlight for me. That’s 9s stuff.
If we had Jason Saab speed over the 60 metres I’d expect us to try shit like that too.

Unfortunately we aren’t blessed with speed

snout

First Grade
We started quite well.
They threw a lot at us but we were competitive.
A couple of miracle trysaving tackles required to keep us in it but still in it.

And then TT slowly but surely worked his way into the match.
Game over.

In reality we were towelled up by one guy. We were up for the arm wrestle with the other 16.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Manly are a team of chumps without TT , he gets an injury before or during finals they are gone , every good thing came thru him on Monday night . We scored with 12 men when he wasn't on the field , says it all .
Love watching him tho , he looked like Winx running in midweek class .

snout

First Grade
We can't compete with these sides.
Your top 4 are a cut above. They have SOO players, elite players and quite often that one or 2 is enough to put the other 13 clubs to the sword.
If you have a Turbo. A Teddy. A Paps. A Cody.
you can rack points up quickly. Very quickly.
A lot of points.

We run out behind the 8 ball.
Every game.
The preparation...OMG. Training would be a bloopers sensation on YouTube.
Hannay has very little to no idea.
Our front row. Where would you start? Totally ineffective from the kick-off. At least Tolman gives his all but he is just a '67 Mazda in Formula 1 race.
The other bloke - tarnishes our great jumper.
The spine. Our 3 playmakers are either gone, gave up, gave in or injured.
CT. MM. SJ.
Tracey and Trindall give everything they have but once again defences find them slightly annoying more than dangerous.

Brayley. What a lovely young guy. Gawd he tries hard. very hard.
Has nothing.

In summary most of the side are doing their 'best'.
But with amateurish preparation. No defensive structure. Limited scoring opportunities. Being driven back 90 metres on every defensive set and no leaders...l guess the fact we are in the 8 is remarkable.
Or maybe says a lot about the bunch below us.

Bob Scott

Juniors
We can't compete with these sides.
Your top 4 are a cut above. They have SOO players, elite players and quite often that one or 2 is enough to put the other 13 clubs to the sword.
If you have a Turbo. A Teddy. A Paps. A Cody.
you can rack points up quickly. Very quickly.
A lot of points.

We run out behind the 8 ball.
Every game.
The preparation...OMG. Training would be a bloopers sensation on YouTube.
Hannay has very little to no idea.
Our front row. Where would you start? Totally ineffective from the kick-off. At least Tolman gives his all but he is just a '67 Mazda in Formula 1 race.
The other bloke - tarnishes our great jumper.
The spine. Our 3 playmakers are either gone, gave up, gave in or injured.
CT. MM. SJ.
Tracey and Trindall give everything they have but once again defences find them slightly annoying more than dangerous.

Brayley. What a lovely young guy. Gawd he tries hard. very hard.
Has nothing.

In summary most of the side are doing their 'best'.
But with amateurish preparation. No defensive structure. Limited scoring opportunities. Being driven back 90 metres on every defensive set and no leaders...l guess the fact we are in the 8 is remarkable.
Or maybe says a lot about the bunch below us.
You sound like me Snout , old and frustrated , but patience , i believe salvation is at hand .
This season will make us appreciate the ones to come .

Well that is what i keep telling myself .

snout

First Grade
I hear you Bob.
The rebuild is one of the most overused terms in the NRL.
It is smply used to hide present and future failings from supporters.

However ours is genuine.
The pedigree of the Fitz is remarkable.
So that's exciting.
Nobody is tearing the comp up more than the Turbo at the moment but Nicho is not far behind and he is yet to reach his potential.
Finucane smacks of Lewie Ennis and Gal. You win nothing without that hard-nosed consistency, competitiveness and professionalism. On and off the park. His influence on Toby and Jack and Tieg will be a invaluable.
Mcinnes. If he brings his game from 2020 then we will find inroads thru the middle to match Nichos inroads on the edge.

So yep. Exciting times ahead.

only coach who had a winning record against manly since theyve come back in (post bears) is Stuart Raper. that was before manly got good again.
theres an ingrained loser mentality against them IMO. one club beats the other 7 out of every 10 times. doesn't happen against other opponents
so it doenst even really matter how we are going. flanno beat them twice total.

id say theres a built in superiority over there in regards to the sharks.
dunno how you fix that tho

Latest posts