What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mid season form slump

coolumsharkie

Referee
Gal mentioned in the presser that the players don't think about it. He reckons it's something for the media and the fans to quaff over. Flanno said that he won't rest players for games at all, they will get a rest during the week.

Card Shark

Immortal
Its based upon the number of happy minutes my wife has watching the Sharks play compared to minutes where shit is getting f**ked up and I'm removing furniture iotems out of the wall.

I've noticed in recent weeks a slight increase of furniture embedded in the walls.

Happy wife, happy life.

I hope the success of the Sharks has helped you do some embedding of your own!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh yes indeed good sir. I recorded every bloody game too. I'll play them next year in order and try to extend my streak...

millersnose

Post Whore
I agree with the above. However many people feel that battle of continuous winning is with intangibles more than the contest. i.e.. odds. In statistics, after spinning heads 14 times in a row, the chance of spinning heads again, is still 50/50. In reality, that result would be incredibly unlikely. this leads to gamblers fallacy which says the odds of the next spin be a tail has shortened immeasurably & will continue to do so until a tail is spun.
Pressure. Real or perceived. imagine going in to a grand final after winning 23 straight games. No thanks.
I look at it from the angle that we have a string of " easy" games and winning games convincingly against the Knights and the dragons is not really teaching the squad much
I also thought the lackadaisical approach against the roosters was a portent of over confidence
The grind is still important in big games

txta2

Bench
Problem with easy games is the defence won't get tested much. But the Roosters exposed some poor reads on the weekend.
The Titans will be a good test. Flanno should of kept Nu Brown on bench to cover backs and Ennis, who is looking tired and old.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Needing a loss is media talk. You don't need a loss to point out areas you could improve. Games such as the Roosters game did that and we still won. As I think CB4 pointed out, the coaching staff have identified some games as a "loss" already due to aspects of the teams performance.

What we really need is just good wins.

jc155776

Coach
Give me 14 in a row any day of the week. We are winning games when playing poorly. Says how good we are as a team really.

Latest posts