What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Music Video & YouTube Dump thread

Willie Ray

Bench
This short documentary is gold for guitarists or anyone interested in guitars. It was made in 1967 when Gibson was not making what is probably their most famous guitar - the Les Paul. So no Les Paul footage unfortunately.

that was great,so much work done by hand,
love those Gibson acoustics,
I have a J45 True Vintage,
a Hummingbird and
a new 50's- J50 that I got about three
weeks ago...they are so well made.
thanks for posting.

nöyd

Staff member
This short documentary is gold for guitarists or anyone interested in guitars. It was made in 1967 when Gibson was not making what is probably their most famous guitar - the Les Paul. So no Les Paul footage unfortunately.

Cheers for posting this, I can't watch it at the moment because I'm at work, but will definitely give it a look later. Been watching heaps of luthiers on youtube recently, obviously not on the same level of a company like Gibson, but watching the handcrafted work that goes into making a guitar relaxes me lol

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
I'd never heard of this before, but found it quite interesting.

In 1972, Italian singer Adriano Celentano wrote a song with nonsensical lyrics supposed to sound like American English.

The song was number one in the Italian charts despite the fact that it wasn’t performed in Italian - or in any language. It went on to become number one in France, Germany and Belgium, too.

The lyrics to “Prisencolinensinainciusol” were intended to mimic the way American English sounds to non-English speakers, as Celentano is believed to have been trying to prove that Italians would like any song in English, despite having no idea what was being said.

It is all complete gibberish apart from a few exclamations like "alright" and "yeah".

I'd never heard of this before, but found it quite interesting.

In 1972, Italian singer Adriano Celentano wrote a song with nonsensical lyrics supposed to sound like American English.

The song was number one in the Italian charts despite the fact that it wasn’t performed in Italian - or in any language. It went on to become number one in France, Germany and Belgium, too.

The lyrics to “Prisencolinensinainciusol” were intended to mimic the way American English sounds to non-English speakers, as Celentano is believed to have been trying to prove that Italians would like any song in English, despite having no idea what was being said.

It is all complete gibberish apart from a few exclamations like "alright" and "yeah".

Crazy shit!

Latest posts