What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 2003 NRL AD - Thats My Team!

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
<table cellspacing=5 cellpadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>I like it! Too many blue &amp; gold colours though :D
Anyone else have an opinion
THAT'S MY TEAM!</td></tr> <tr> <td>5 March 2003
nrl_1.gif
The NRL have released their new Season 2003 commercial which aired tonight on Channel Ten. Featured in the commercial were many stars of Rugby League as well as NRL fans and young league players. The commercial can now be viewed online! Just click on a link below to view the clip in your desired format. <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 width="100%" border=1> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor=#cccccc colspan=2>:: NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP 2003 COMMERCIAL ::</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2>
commercial_logo.gif

Choose your Media Player:</td></tr> <tr> <td width="50%">Windows Media Player
Click here to download player</td> <td width="50%">RealPlayer
Click here to download player</td></tr> <tr> <td width="50%">Dial-up connection
Cable/ADSL or higher</td> <td width="50%">Dial-up connection
Cable/ADSL or higher</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2>High quality MPEG Downloadable version (4.8mb)
Right-click, select "Save target as:"
to save to hard disk</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

V

Vertigo

Somewhat short in length but precise and assertive. It'stremendous to hear the greatsounds of an Aussie legendary band providing the music and vocals.
Well done NRL.
You've won me :)
The Broncos - That's my team!
V.

Three weeks ago or so when it was stated that Dave Faulkner was in on the new song a few mates &amp; I sat around the local trying to work out what it would be. I was more along the thinking of a whole new song but one of the last ideas mentioned was "Whats my team". Ahhh, so close...

Awesome work, it popped up during the Simpsons last night and i thought it was great.A good mix of everything, the lyrics fit, the video footage is spot on, its the best ad for rugby league since Simply The Best, no argument IMO

Cheers,
Moffo

Took an assistant coach and a rock singer to come up with
a great advertisement for the nrl, makes you wonder what the
marketing dept is getting paid for.
Great ad NRL it is about time :)
GO THE MIGHTY GREEN MACHINE
THATS MY TEAM

imported_Kaon

Juniors
Did anyone see the Trent Barrett Adidas ad last night?

Even though its great people are using League players for their ads, it was an ordinary effort.

M

meltiger

Better than in previous years, the song itself is fantastic...

But they need to stop showing shots of fans and focus purely on the game,

No one unaligned gives a shit about a bunch of nobody fans supporting their team, what they need is to see is action. That is what will convince them to get out to the games and lend some support.

H

Hass

While I am a fan of the ad, I think the NRL missed out by not including the break verse in the middle of the song. In the original it was the part that contained the word

They say, they say, making love they can make you play
They say, they say, we know there's a better way ... any day

It would ad to the length of the ad, but I think it would have been worth leaving out the 60 second ad and simply having both a short 30 second ad and a 90 second version.

I think that "What's My Team?" could have been effective as well. Anyone who remembers the Hoodo Gurus Film Clip would know that it had the screen split in four vertical sections with one band member in each. The effect was them constantly switching clothers. I remember one guy went from an Indian to a Businessman to Hamlet in the space of 5 or 6 seconds.

I envisaged a similar thing but with footy players like Andrew Johns, Gorden Tallis and Lockyer (the absolue stars) constantly changing footy jerseys (with a few comic changes thrown in as well eg. Gorden Tallis in a tutu!).

Ah, but I was not on the NRL Marketing Team and my creative vision has gione to waste. Still a good ad though that is the game's best effort since the untoppable "Simly The Best".

Cheers.

H

Hass

Oops. It looks like they have included the break in the song.

Apparrently the words to that section go...

They say, they say, they’re gonna try to make us pay
They say, but I say, we’re ready and we’re on our way
To Grand Final Day

Cheers.

I'm a supporter of the add.
There's not enough on-field footy action for my complete taste, but it's certainly the best thing sice Tina Turner's gem. Certainly better than that poeticinjustice "Blow that whistle Ref" of a few years back.
Good effort NRL.
'fan-baller

I liked it, it's catchy. I would have liked to have seen more players and footy instead of so many fans though.
GO THE MIGHTY BRONCOS!!!

imported_Storm

Juniors
There is two versions of that ad right?? I'm not seeing things, cause I'm sure I saw on TV one where they go on about junior footy, and show like Trent Barrett in ComBank Cup, and then there is the one on the NRL site.

I still must say, its a bloody addictive tune, I've had it stuck in my head now all day, only the ARL's 'Its My Game' has stuck in my head that much in the last few years.