What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new stadium - Skilled Park

TITAN1

Juniors
beave said:
Good to see you guys getting a decent stadium, can't wait to attend a game at your forterss. But for us up here in the North it is just another display of the State Government throwing the $$$$$ to the south east and showing complete contempt for us up here conisdering that the funding for pathetic patch up jobs that have occured on Dairy Farmers over the last 5 years is a mere pittance compared to what that big girl would have cost. This is not a shot at you Titans fans by the way, please don't take this as abuse or trolling, it just would be nice to think that we were worthy of a decent stadium like that up here, but pigs will fly before that happens...... happens with roads, hospitals, I suppose stadiums can be thrown on the list now as well, how much was Lang Park's re-furb worth???
So when do you expect paved roads and electricity?

beave

Coach
around about the same time you pull your head out of your a$$. So not for some time I'm afraid.

TITAN1

Juniors
Get off the angry pills and contact the government..bitching on here aint gonna fix anything,hillbilly.

Eelectrica

Referee
Drove past today. It's gonna be an awesome venue to watch games.
Will make all we had to put up with at Carrarra worth it.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Difference between North Queensland and the Gold Coast is that the entire population of everyone north of the Tropic of Capricorn can fit comfortably into the Gold Coast.

Quidgybo

Bench
t-ba said:
The Difference between North Queensland and the Gold Coast is that the entire population of everyone north of the Tropic of Capricorn can fit comfortably into the Gold Coast.
The entire population north of the Tropic of Capricorn hasn't even had a fifth of the government funded stadium spending in the last decade that the Gold Coast has had in the last twelve months. $160m on Skilled, barely $20m on DFS. Throw in another $268m on Suncorp and another $128m or so on the Gabba and you find the south-east has done rather well in recent years by comparison. $568m in major stadium funding vs $20m. If the population north of the Tropic of Capricorn was only one 1/27th of the population of south east Queensland then there'd be no issue. But it's substantially more than 1/27th. *That's* the problem.

Leigh.

t-ba

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
The entire population north of the Tropic of Capricorn hasn't even had a fifth of the government funded stadium spending in the last decade that the Gold Coast has had in the last twelve months. $160m on Skilled, barely $20m on DFS. Throw in another $268m on Suncorp and another $128m or so on the Gabba and you find the south-east has done rather well in recent years by comparison. $568m in major stadium funding vs $20m. If the population north of the Tropic of Capricorn was only one 1/27th of the population of south east Queensland then there'd be no issue. But it's substantially more than 1/27th. *That's* the problem.

Leigh.

$11m for 05/06, $35m on the new developments (Which they'll get. You watch the prospect of Herbert falling convincing both parties to back the development), $15m for Mackay in 2005(?).

That's $61m or so in the last two years. Fair effort considering SEQLD has got Skilled Park and SFA in that time.

It's more like 1/10 counting your renovations. And that's ignoring the constant minor touch ups on DFS before 2005, the Renovations to Browne Park and Cazaly's, and the building of DFS in the mid 1990's. All about the time the splurge began with the redevelopment of the Gabba.

Nothing's ever equal, nothing's ever fair. Sh*t, I'd like Sydney to keep its 8.5 sides for its 4.3 million people (About the same ratio per side as the Cowboys and Titans catchments) but I'm prepared to be pragmatic about it.

I'd love $35m for Brookvale, that's for certain.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
keeney said:
Does this mean that local derbies will no longer be held at suncorp?
I'm pretty sure the only match that the Titans will take to Suncorp next year is the Broncos game. 40,000 vs 27,000 is just too much to pass up imo.

TITAN1

Juniors
gunnamatta bay said:
great shots. I see you not only stole our colours (sharks) you copied our (photo 5) electricity pylons.
Didnt realise sharks were blue and gold.:roll:

TITAN1

Juniors
Courtesy of titans.com.au..

attachment.php

meltiger

First Grade
Gee that last shot is fantastic Titan1. I'm hoping our new stadium down here is of a similar design. On another note, the surface already looks sensational!

I'll be getting my first chance to see it in the last round, can't wait :)

Eelectrica

Referee
Lockyer4President! said:
I'm pretty sure the only match that the Titans will take to Suncorp next year is the Broncos game. 40,000 vs 27,000 is just too much to pass up imo.
At the Titans final home game they said all Titans home games will be at skilled. That will include both the Broncos and Cowboys.

Of course these things are always subject to change, but I'd say for next year at least, all 12 of the Titans home games will be at Skilled.