What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE NEW WOODEN SPOON FAVOURIES ARE..........................

Slugs

NRL 2004 Wooden Spoon

Manly Sea Eagles 2.75
South Sydney 2.85

North Qld Cowboys 6.00

Wests Tigers 10.00

Cronulla Sharks 13.00

Newcastle Knights 21.00

Bulldogs 26.00

Parramatta Eels 31.00

Melbourne Storm 41.00

St George/Illawarra 41.00

NZ Warriors 67.00

Canberra Raiders 101.00

Brisbane Broncos 126.00

Penrith Panthers 151.00

Roosters 251.00

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
meh, only round 4

Souths will regain that position in good time when they play some decent opposition and get pasted!

Beaver_Online

Juniors
Slugs said:
NRL 2004 Wooden Spoon

Manly Sea Eagles 2.75
South Sydney 2.85

North Qld Cowboys 6.00

Wests Tigers 10.00

Cronulla Sharks 13.00

Newcastle Knights 21.00

Bulldogs 26.00

Parramatta Eels 31.00

Melbourne Storm 41.00

St George/Illawarra 41.00

NZ Warriors 67.00

Canberra Raiders 101.00

Brisbane Broncos 126.00

Penrith Panthers 151.00

Roosters 251.00

Um, actually I think if you try the Sportstab website the actual wooden spoon odds are this...

15 Souths
$2.75

14 Manly
$2.90
12 North Queensland
$6.00
13 Wests Tigers
$8.00
11 Sharks
$14.00
02 Bulldogs
$26.00
08 Parramatta
$26.00
10 Melbourne
$26.00
04 Newcastle
$31.00
07 St George-Illawarra
$34.00
06 New Zealand
$61.00
09 Canberra
$67.00
05 Brisbane
$101.00
03 Penrith
$126.00
01 Roosters
$151.00

rastus

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
meh, only round 4

Souths will regain that position in good time when they play some decent opposition and get pasted!

Umm, you mean decent opposition like Manly has played :lol: :lol:

Igor

Juniors
sshhhh.... can you hear that....??? It's the sound of Souths supporters everywhere wetting their fooking pants after a couple of wins! :clap:

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
meh, only round 4

Warriors/Roosters/Sharks/Cowboys

Roosters/Bye/Sharks/Tigers

hmmmmmm i wonder which is easier?????

rastus

Juniors
Igor said:
sshhhh.... can you hear that....??? It's the sound of Souths supporters everywhere wetting their fooking pants after a couple of wins! :clap:

No, it's the sound of Manly fans (rapping themselves about the reality that the wooden spoon will be theirs.

rastus

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
meh, only round 4

hmmmmmm, Roosters and Sharks cancel each other out, except Souths gave the Sharks a hiding, and Manly *cough* were beaten by them. NQ & Warriors have won one game between them (and that was Manly :lol: :lol: :lol: ) hmmm Wests have accounted for NQ and would (atm) NZ - you work it out.

t-ba

Post Whore
And we've beat you 38-6 in the last match we played against you :roll: .

Round 26 gimp, round 26.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
meh, only round 4

hmmmmmm, Roosters and Sharks cancel each other out, except Souths gave the Sharks a hiding, and Manly *cough* were beaten by them. NQ & Warriors have won one game between them (and that was Manly :lol: :lol: :lol: ) hmmm Wests have accounted for NQ and would (atm) NZ - you work it out.

get your facts right f**kface, Manly beat NQ in Round One.

rastus

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
rastus said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
meh, only round 4

get your facts right f***, Manly beat NQ in Round One.

:lol: :lol: HOW STUPID ARE YOU :lol: :lol: :lol: I said the Warriors & NQ have (at that stage) won one game between them. FACT. And that was NZ beating Manly. FACT. YOU ARE AN IMBECILE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Hey Rastus... I think the Sharks will give you a good run for the spoon this year. But I still think Souths can win it. Easily.

rastus

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Hey Rastus... I think the Sharks will give you a good run for the spoon this year. But I still think Souths can win it. Easily.

I notice you haven't mentioned Manly, is that cos they're in such good form :lol: :lol: :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
rastus said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

I notice you haven't mentioned Manly, is that cos they're in such good form :lol: :lol: :lol:

much like souths eh? They had a hard fought win against the bye, win over the Tigers that shouldn't of happened and a win against the Sharkies who continue to self destruct as the weeks progress. Nothing worth bragging out. But hang on, you're a Vermin fan, I guess three wins before round 15 is something to celebrate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
rastus said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

Read my comments in the NRL section.
It's easy to stick it to Manly atm as they are coming last, but you have to remember the number of new combinations being formed, the fact their gun try scorer from last year has posted only one pie in 4 matches, Beaver has been injured, Hoppa injured, Dunley injured, King injured twice, McGuiness pretty much gone after injury again, Solo injured, Tutt injured, Torrens suspended, and also Randall injured. All except 2 of these players played in the team over the last few seasons. Some stability and strength should be shown soon. Only Kingy is gone for the season.

Manly's only problems seem to be around the centres and Halfback & 5/8 areas. I think most of the Raiders fans would admit Monoghan is half in the making. These areas should improve in the next few weeks if Manly can hold onto the ball.

Souths have poor form dating 2 seasons.
A side that got smashed pre-season by Manly.
And Managed to steal 2 points from the Tigers, Sharks and the bye.

Hardly anything to be excited about. Sure it's a big improvement on last year, but I still think the money on Souths for the spoon is justified.

I know all you Bunnies fans are on a high after recording your first back to back wins in about a century, but I wouldn't start peeing you pants and thinking you will make the 8 yet!

rastus

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
rastus said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

Read my comments in the NRL section.
It's easy to stick it to Manly atm as they are coming last, but you have to remember the number of new combinations being formed, the fact their gun try scorer from last year has posted only one pie in 4 matches, Beaver has been injured, Hoppa injured, Dunley injured, King injured twice, McGuiness pretty much gone after injury again, Solo injured, Tutt injured, Torrens suspended, and also Randall injured. All except 2 of these players played in the team over the last few seasons. Some stability and strength should be shown soon. Only Kingy is gone for the season.

Manly's only problems seem to be around the centres and Halfback & 5/8 areas. I think most of the Raiders fans would admit Monoghan is half in the making. These areas should improve in the next few weeks if Manly can hold onto the ball.

Souths have poor form dating 2 seasons.
A side that got smashed pre-season by Manly.
And Managed to steal 2 points from the Tigers, Sharks and the bye.

Hardly anything to be excited about. Sure it's a big improvement on last year, but I still think the money on Souths for the spoon is justified.

I know all you Bunnies fans are on a high after recording your first back to back wins in about a century, but I wouldn't start peeing you pants and thinking you will make the 8 yet!

That is so lame that it is laughable. For one Souths have been without Stringer, Geddes, Meredith, Polglase and Justin Smith as have other teams with their injuries. Manly have also played poorly recently, so that is not a valid comparison.

Got smashed by Manly in a trial hey, gee I hope you get comfort out of that through the season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If any team managed to steal anything it was your pathetic mob against NQ. How can you possibly get 66% of possession and still only win by four points :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please go back to you official forum so you can continue to pat each other on the back about how useless your side is, and keep up the good work in that forum, it provides countless hours of amusement and laughter for fans of other teams :D

rastus

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
rastus said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

much like souths eh? They had a hard fought win against the bye, win over the Tigers that shouldn't of happened and a win against the Sharkies who continue to self destruct as the weeks progress. Nothing worth bragging out. But hang on, you're a Vermin fan, I guess three wins before round 15 is something to celebrate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, I am starting to feel really sorry for you, but I am finding it really tedious pointing things out to you all the time. Didn't the "self destruct" Sharks recently easily account for Manly :roll: .

Please stop embarrassing yourself by posting in this forum, but please feel free to continue posting in your official Manly forum - where fantasy never meets reality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Igor

Juniors
rastus said:
Look, I am starting to feel really sorry for you, but I am finding it really tedious pointing things out to you all the time.

I'm finding this whole bloody debate tedious, and your presence annoying.

After 4 rounds Souths have one more win than Manly, that's about the sum of it, come back in a month or so when we can genuinely judge each teams prospects.

t-ba

Post Whore
Rastus always does this at the start of every season :lol: .

Then He mysteriously dissapears.

Redback71

First Grade
you guys can hold your heads high after today you almost downed the mongrels.
i reckon the sharks will be favourites for wooden spoon before to long :clap: