What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Zealand Medal Tally Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Awesome from Ashley

Watched the BMX, the actual racing is great to watch. The Frenchie going over the handlebars in the time trial looked rough

Ferguson and Walker just had a top run in thier K2 1000m semi, came in 2nd after leading most of the way, could be a smokey for a medal

Fouhy went ok, but i just struggle to see his headspace getting him a medal. I think Gold is out of the equation anyway because this Canadian bloke Van Koeverden seems an absolute freak in a Kayak

Rovelli

Bench
They did too.

So that's:
K1 1000 and K2 1000 in the final
and Ferguson is in the K1 500 semi-finals

Very impressive from Willis considering he was back in 6th entering the home straight. He must be pretty cool. Any medal on the track is huge.

Ever since Willis killed them in the Commonwealth games in Melbourne, he has gone from strength to strength and deserves the success...a good tactical racer who will get even better...:p

Hindyscrack

Bench
I saw the womens BMX, was pissing myself laughing the pommy bird crapped off.
Fate mocks her and her coach...

There is one major reason that Grant left NZ

Anyone that was offered that amount of money to coach two riders would be insane to stay in NZ for the pittance that he was on.

GB chucked money at him big time, and in a sport like bmx where money hasnt always been great this is an opportunity for him to earn some great dollars and set himself up.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
No not to be for Sarah but she's been riding well through the event. Funniest bit I have to admit was watching the Brit...lol. She had that but lost it

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Bloody cruel sport. You could lead the whole way and someone clip your wheel and you crash and can't protest about it.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yeah it is, but that's the way it is unfortunately. THere is really no room for mistakes, coz one little one can cost you big time. Not entirely sure how Reade lost that though

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I personally think the format is a bit stupid

I understand where they are coming from with it, but after 3 heats in the Quarters and the Semis it should be the same in the final !!!

Ah well, Go Fouhy and Ferguson/Walker tonight

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I understand where they are coming from with it, but after 3 heats in the Quarters and the Semis it should be the same in the final !!!

Ah well, Go Fouhy and Ferguson/Walker tonight

Bummer for Sarah but suck sh*t to the English broad, buying a coach doesn't get you sh*t if you crash :lol:

Agree the final should be best of 4 like the heats/semis though.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

It's pretty bloody silly. If you're going to make it a game of chance, make it a game of chance from the very start.

I thought it was stupid after the women's final, the men's final only proved it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, to go through all the qualifying to get the best, and then just roll the dice in the final, seems like a waste of time

Fouhy 4th in his final, the big shock being the Canadian that has dominated for 3 years fading at the end to be out of the medals

Ferguson and Walker went bloody hard but came in 6th

Steve Ferguson seems our only hope to get to 10, in the K1 500 tomorrow