What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread 2023

emjaycee

Coach
Another merkin bites the dust:

Alvaro (26) - but with a player option
Davey (28)
French (23)
Gower (34)
Hoffman (31)
Mennings (31)
Leleisiuao (22)
Ma'u (31)
Mannah (31)
McIlwrick (28)
Moeroa (24)
Pritchard (25)
Stone (22)
Takairangi (30)

On top of that, all these junior merkins are possibly off contract as well, though it's less likely for the 19 year olds:

Dunster (20)
Faingaa (21)
Parry (20)
Schneider (19)
Utoikamanu (19)

C'mon @Poupou Escobar - its been out there for 25 mins now... Mannah gone effective immediately.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pritchard is no longer off contract:

Davey (28)
French (23)
Gower (34)
Hoffman (31)
Mennings (31)
Leleisiuao (22)
Ma'u (31)
Mannah (31)
McIlwrick (28)
Moeroa (24)
Stone (22)
Takairangi (30)

On top of that, all these junior merkins are possibly off contract as well, though it's less likely for the 19 year olds:

Dunster (20)
Faingaa (21)
Parry (20)
Schneider (19)
Utoikamanu (19)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k it, I'll compromise and add Rhys Davies here:

Davey (28)
French (23)
Gower (34)
Hoffman (31)
Mennings (31)
Leleisiuao (22)
Ma'u (31)
Mannah (31)
McIlwrick (28)
Moeroa (24)
Stone (22)
Takairangi (30)

Davies (23)
Dunster (20)
Faingaa (21)
Parry (20)
Schneider (19)
Utoikamanu (19)

84 Baby

Referee
We haven’t made any external signings have we?
Can’t make move on Alvaro because of option, Gower probably done, Mannah supposedly done and Mennings supposedly going another year.
I reckon Parry and Sudokumanu probably move up in place of Leleleleleisauo and Gower(?) maybe.
That means, if replacing mostly like for like, 4 backrowers, 2 outside backs, a centre, a hooker and a prop, maybe 2.
Backrowers especially, if we don’t resign our players, who the f**k are we going to sign

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think we'll retain Ma'u, and Fainga'a will probably be in the top 30 as well.

I don't believe we have any decent back rowers in Flegg. Futoikamanu must have retired as the rumours suggested.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
French is obviously no longer off contract:

Davey (28)
Gower (34)
Hoffman (31)
Mennings (31)
Leleisiuao (22)
Ma'u (31)
Mannah (31)
McIlwrick (28)
Moeroa (24)
Stone (22)
Takairangi (30)

Davies (23)
Dunster (20)
Faingaa (21)
Parry (20)
Schneider (19)
Utoikamanu (19)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I should take Ma'u and Moeroa off as well. And was there anything official about Alvaro taking up his player option?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Got a good feeling about Parry, Schneider and Utoikamanu too. Might as well take them off.

Is Schneider going that good? Isn’t he 20 this year but hasn’t even played NSW cup this year, which is strange considering how highly rated he is meant to be and was training with the NRL side during the off-season.

Is Schneider going that good? Isn’t he 20 this year but hasn’t even played NSW cup this year, which is strange considering how highly rated he is meant to be and was training with the NRL side during the off-season.
You'd know better than me mate. I was just making a joke but included him on the basis of age and past reports. I hope he hasn't gone backwards though.