What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread 2023

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Alvarez!

Off contract:
Nrown
Cartwright
Dunster
Ferguson
Hipgrave (club option for 2022)
Hollis
Hughes
Mennings (player option for 2022)
Lussick
Matterson (player option for 2022)
Moses (player option for 2022)
Oldfield
Opacic
Rankin
Roache
Sivo
Smith
Stone

emjaycee

Coach
Alvarez!

Off contract:
Nrown
Cartwright
Dunster
Ferguson
Hipgrave (club option for 2022)
Hollis
Hughes
Mennings (player option for 2022)
Lussick
Matterson (player option for 2022)
Moses (player option for 2022)
Oldfield
Opacic
Rankin
Roache
Sivo
Smith
Stone
That is an interesting list...
Apart from Nrown, the rest of the players without a player option for 2022 are effectively playing in 2021 for a possible contract extension and most of these are new to the club or untried youngsters.
Fergo is not included in this as he has already been advised of our plans and I think Sivo needs a year more like 2019 than 2020 in order to get an extension. Mennings, yeah well he won't play again so discount him totally.

I like the way the club has managed the roster if this is how it looks. Only 5 guaranteed 2021 top 17 players off contract at the same time.

84 Baby

Referee
I like the way the club has managed the roster if this is how it looks.
I think it’s close and does take time to correct but I’d be trying to avoid having similar players off contract at the same time. So Fergo, Sivo, Dunster, Jenko and Opacic, and Nrown/Matto, even Hollis/Hughes, while it may give you options when they aren’t playing well, it can create cap pressure when they are playing well. Plus I think it’s entirely plausible we could have an entire new three quarter line in 2022. That’d be a lot of new blood all at once

emjaycee

Coach
I think it’s close and does take time to correct but I’d be trying to avoid having similar players off contract at the same time. So Fergo, Sivo, Dunster, Jenko and Opacic, and Nrown/Matto, even Hollis/Hughes, while it may give you options when they aren’t playing well, it can create cap pressure when they are playing well. Plus I think it’s entirely plausible we could have an entire new three quarter line in 2022. That’d be a lot of new blood all at once
There are definitely some internal youngsters that will be pushing for a spot in the 3/4 line come 2022. Penisini comes to mind immediately as one who I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a late 2021 debut.

84 Baby

Referee
There are definitely some internal youngsters that will be pushing for a spot in the 3/4 line come 2022. Penisini comes to mind immediately as one who I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a late 2021 debut.
You heard it hear first everyone. Emjay has Penisini in 2021