What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread 2023

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Aren't you also fat and Italian? I picture you like James Gandolfini.

tenor.gif

strider

Post Whore
Aren't you also fat and Italian? I picture you like James Gandolfini.
Well tony soprano did pull alot of hot chicks cos he was very good lookin

Im podgy but maybe not his size, tho 2020 hasnt been good to me .... am i am as italian as dminos pizza

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Si
Vo

Off contract:
Nrown
Cartwright
Dunster
Ferguson
Hipgrave (club option for 2022)
Hollis
Hughes
Mennings (player option for 2022)
Lussick
Matterson (player option for 2022)
Moses (player option for 2022)
Oldfield
Opacic
Rankin
Roache
Smith
Stone

hindy111

Post Whore
Si
Vo

Off contract:
Nrown
Cartwright
Dunster
Ferguson
Hollis
Hughes
Lussick
Oldfield
Opacic
Rankin
Roache
Smith
Stone

Lets hope MJ doesn't take up his players options and tests the open market.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Another one bites the dunst:

Off contract:
Nrown
Cartwright
Ferguson
Hollis
Hughes
Lussick
Oldfield
Opacic
Rankin
Roache
Smith
Stone

parra pete

Referee
I'm lookin' for the merkin who shot my paw.
'
A young cowboy, new to town, walks into the saloon wanting to make an impression. There's a pianist with his back to the cowboy playing a tune. There are two candles on either end of the piano.

The young gun draws quickly and shoots out the candle on the left hand side. The bar goes silent, but the pianist keeps on playing. So the cowboy draws again and shoots out the right hand candle. There are gasps from the bar, but the pianist keeps playing. So the cowboy draws and shoots the hat off the pianist ... but he just keeps on playing.

Dejected, the cowboy sidles up to the bar and orders a drink. The barman looks him in the eye and says

"Son, can I give you three pieces of advice"

"sure"

"Firstly, I notice you shoot from the hip. You should file down the sight on your gun, 'cause you don't need it and one day it will catch on your holster and get you in trouble"

"Secondly, get rid of the trigger guard, cause if you're in a fight, you need to shoot as quickly as possible and one day that might just mean the difference between life and death"

"Thirdly, you should cover your guns in vaseline"

"Vaseline? Why?"

"Cause when Wyatt Earp finishes playing the piano, he's gonna shove those things up your arse"

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's a few players still off contract at other clubs who could add something to our team, depending on our own re-signings. Obviously some of these are more realistic than others:

Utilities
Drinkwater
Hampton
Mann
May
Turner
Watson

Fullback (with an eye to moving Gutherson into the halves)
Dufty

Outside backs
Coates
Herbert
Hopoate (yes, William)
Naden
Niu
Staggs
Tuala
Walker (Dylan)

Halves
Reynolds
Taylor
Walker (Sam)

Edge forwards
Fitzgibbon
Curran
Capewell
Su'A
Crichton (Angus)

Middle forwards
Napa
Rudolf

The main takeaway from this is that it's very exciting, and also that we don't need to overpay to keep merkins who want to hold us over a barrel.

Gronk

Staff member
Brisbane have flagged their interest in Reynolds on a possible three-year deal with his management, at the same time asking whether the 30-year-old half would genuinely look to shift his family of four young children interstate.

The jury remains out on that key element of any further talks.

With the Sharks also well and truly eyeing off the South Sydney premiership-winner, staying in Sydney at a club that has not plumbed depths anywhere near as much as Brisbane holds obvious appeal for Reynolds.

It's the same consideration for fellow heavy-hitting halves Mitchell Moses and Shaun Johnson, who if they aren't in Brisbane's calculations, would fit the bill perfectly for what they need.

They sit at the top of a long list of playmakers unsigned for 2022 including the likes of Ash Taylor, Corey Norman, Milford, Matt Moylan, Scott Drinkwater, Sam Walker and Benji Marshall.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/26...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's a few blokes from southeast QLD in that list, including Sam Walker. Or will they bring the more experienced Norman or Taylor home to partner Brodie Croft?

This is probably better suited to the rumours thread.

Chipmunk

Coach
You'd have to think the Walkers woudn't have sent Sam Walker to the Roosters if they didn't think he would be better off their long term.

Norman and Taylor I think are far more likely than Reynolds or Moses.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There's a few players still off contract at other clubs who could add something to our team, depending on our own re-signings. Obviously some of these are more realistic than others:

Utilities
Drinkwater
Hampton
Mann
May
Turner
Watson

Fullback (with an eye to moving Gutherson into the halves)
Dufty

Outside backs
Coates
Herbert
Hopoate (yes, William)
Naden
Niu
Staggs
Tuala
Walker (Dylan)

Halves
Reynolds
Taylor
Walker (Sam)

Edge forwards
Fitzgibbon
Curran
Capewell
Su'A
Crichton (Angus)

Middle forwards
Napa
Rudolf

The main takeaway from this is that it's very exciting, and also that we don't need to overpay to keep merkins who want to hold us over a barrel.

Milford is also an option too......needs a change