What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread 2023

JokerEel

Coach
Momoisea no longer our concern:

Off contract (i.e. uncontracted for 2025)
Asi
Brazel (development contract)
Cini
Dunster (mutual option)
Guymer (development contract)
Harper
Makatoa
Ogden
Rodwell
Sanders (development contract)
Simonsson
Talagi (player option)
Taumoepenu

Asi - Keep if Sanders Goes
Brazel (development contract) - Keep
Cini - Bye Bye
Dunster (mutual option) - Bye Bye
Guymer (development contract) - Keep
Harper - Keep
Makatoa - Keep
Ogden - Keep
Rodwell - Bye Bye
Sanders (development contract) - Keep But if not sign Asi
Simonsson - Keep
Talagi (player option) - Keep
Taumoepenu - Bye Bye

the phantom menace

First Grade
Asi - not fussed
Brazel (development contract) - may as well keep on minimum
Cini - not fussed
Dunster (mutual option) - assume mutual option means player will choose to stay one more year, if no other offers are forthcoming and even if club doesn't take up its option?
Guymer (development contract) - may as well keep, if he's the one I'm thinking of had back row potential?
Harper - not fussed, only if something better doesn't come along
Makatoa - seems to have drifted out of BA's top 17 consideration, so probably prefer a junior with potential taking the 2025 top 30 spot
Ogden - same as Maka but never really made it to top 17, and at 27yo now prefer a junior with potential taking the 2025 top 30 spot
Rodwell - all unofficial reports indicate gone O/S for 2025, if not earlier?
Sanders (development contract) - may as well keep at a reasonable price if he wants to stay, but it seems like he won't and will chase the money with Ricky as soon as allowable?
Simonsson - only if something better doesn't come along
Talagi (player option) - not really up to the club - assume player will choose one more year if he wasn't to stay, or he'll go for a higher offer if he doesn't have reason for loyalty etc
Taumoepenu - not fussed, has he even played yet?

The Colonel

Immortal
Asi - not fussed
Brazel (development contract) - may as well keep on minimum
Cini - not fussed
Dunster (mutual option) - assume mutual option means player will choose to stay one more year, if no other offers are forthcoming and even if club doesn't take up its option?
Guymer (development contract) - may as well keep, if he's the one I'm thinking of had back row potential?
Harper - not fussed, only if something better doesn't come along
Makatoa - seems to have drifted out of BA's top 17 consideration, so probably prefer a junior with potential taking the 2025 top 30 spot
Ogden - same as Maka but never really made it to top 17, and at 27yo now prefer a junior with potential taking the 2025 top 30 spot
Rodwell - all unofficial reports indicate gone O/S for 2025, if not earlier?
Sanders (development contract) - may as well keep at a reasonable price if he wants to stay, but it seems like he won't and will chase the money with Ricky as soon as allowable?
Simonsson - only if something better doesn't come along
Talagi (player option) - not really up to the club - assume player will choose one more year if he wasn't to stay, or he'll go for a higher offer if he doesn't have reason for loyalty etc
Taumoepenu - not fussed, has he even played yet?

Sensible really. Tuivaiti and Moretti will join the NRL squad in 2025 so I am guessing that they will fill the spots of Ogden and Makatoa IMO. Guymer and Brazel have been brought along by the club and I would hope that we would see both retained - they have shown potential and would be similar cheaper options as Rodwell, Ogden and Makatoa.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rodwell released:

Asi
Cini
Dunster (mutual option)
Harper
Makatoa
Ogden
Simonsson
Talagi (player option)
Taumoepenu

JokerEel

Coach
Rodwell released:

Asi
Cini
Dunster (mutual option)
Harper
Makatoa
Ogden
Simonsson
Talagi (player option)
Taumoepenu