What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Hegs-watch thread

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He was only given a limited go at centre. He deserved better

I'll tell you who deserved better - SOUTH SYDNEY DRLFC!

AND he was never even close to being a great player....he was a role player in a dominant side over the first half of the decade. No shock that when the Roosters started rebuolding that they let Hegs go, he was of no use to them going forward & was, I dare say, shown up as being not up to scratch once the castle crumbled at Bondi Junction after 2004.

Give it a rest AM. You cannot be serious about what you are saying. I don't believe for one second that you are.

African Monkey

First Grade

AND he was never even close to being a great player....he was a role player in a dominant side over the first half of the decade. No shock that when the Roosters started rebuolding that they let Hegs go, he was of no use to them going forward & was, I dare say, shown up as being not up to scratch once the castle crumbled at Bondi Junction after 2004.

Give it a rest AM. You cannot be serious about what you are saying. I don't believe for one second that you are.
Shaun Mcrae and Jason Taylor had it in for him from day 1 and ruined potentially an all-time great into a very good player. Hopefully Neil Henry treats him properly and plays him in his preferred position(s)

joe9x

Juniors
Shaun Mcrae and Jason Taylor had it in for him from day 1 and ruined potentially an all-time great into a very good player. Hopefully Neil Henry treats him properly and plays him in his preferred position(s)

Are you kidding? JT gave him plenty of wraps and chances. this is getting a little silly. 2009 season is here, build a bridge.

Up the Rabbitohs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

African Monkey

First Grade
The bottom line is that Hegs deserved better from fans and management and as a result we have lost a key player for 2009. And yes, up the Rabbitohs!!!

downo14

Juniors

Ofcource he isnt serious, he's got all you mugs sucked in, he's having a laugh, if you dont keep replying he'll have nothing to bang on about, it'll be just a little self admiration society, these two bozos & maybe Hegs might visit:roll::lol:

African Monkey

First Grade
Ofcource he isnt serious, he's got all you mugs sucked in, he's having a laugh, if you dont keep replying he'll have nothing to bang on about, it'll be just a little self admiration society, these two bozos & maybe Hegs might visit:roll::lol:
Hegs is a very good player who could have been an immortal if he was treated properly.

Dave Q

Coach
Although its true to say that he had a most favoured player status with JT and I dont see too many of the lads dissing our beloved coach.

African Monkey

First Grade
Although its true to say that he had a most favoured player status with JT and I dont see too many of the lads dissing our beloved coach.
JT is a great coach. Unfortunately though, Hegs was played out of position and should have been tried at five-eigth instead of Jeremy Smith.

Nemesis

Bench
JT is a great coach. Unfortunately though, Hegs was played out of position and should have been tried at five-eigth instead of Jeremy Smith.
Why would any coach in their right mind put a 30 year old in at #6, when they haven't played a single game there in their entire first grade career.

If he was 22 and demonstrated that he had the skills, sure give him a go, but not a 30 year wing/centre.

Dave Q

Coach
Why would any coach in their right mind put a 30 year old in at #6, when they haven't played a single game there in their entire first grade career.

If he was 22 and demonstrated that he had the skills, sure give him a go, but not a 30 year wing/centre.

Ye of little faith.

JT had loads of faith in him.

African Monkey

First Grade

It's where he played all his junior footy as well as playing for the QLD U16s there so he definitely deserved a go there.

Nemesis

Bench
Latest Hegs news for all those who are interested. There is a video of the media conference as well...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24974914-5003409,00.html

Cowboys recruit Shannon Hegarty looks to reignite career

January 28, 2009 12:51pm

COWBOYS recruit Shannon Hegarty feels Townsville is the perfect place to reignite his career as he seeks to rediscover the form that saw him play for Queensland and Australia.
In his first media conference since joining the Cowboys from South Sydney last week, the outside back said he was excited about his switch to North Queensland.
"I think I needed a bit of a change of scenery and I think coming back here would be a good opportunity to reignite my career," Hegarty said.