What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Semi Ran-rard-dra try scoring record thread.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok... This kid has become an instant cult hero at the club but not only that, he's also sitting on 6 meat pies in 3 matches...I reckon he'll get close to beating zips 82 record of 23 tries in the season..

Semi - 6 tries *

Steve Ella - 23 ( 1982)

Bring it home semi!!

Gronk

Staff member
Ok... This kid has become an instant cult hero at the club but not only that, he's also sitting on 6 meat pies in 3 matches...I reckon he'll get close to beating zips 82 record of 23 tries in the season..

Semi - 6 tries *

Steve Ella - 23 ( 1982)

Bring it home semi!!

I bet Mal has him some how as a QLDer. :crazy:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So is semi eligible for city/ country ? nsw/qld / australia ?

If he keeps playing like he has he is a good chance of a city/country jumper if he is eligible - the selectors have a history of picking rookies with some good short term form.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He might be eligible, but he may want to play for Fiji.

I think there are now new rules now - players get to select a first tier county ( England, Australia, Nz not sure about France/png) and a second tier nation (all other nations). They can play for the 1st tier nation without it affecting their eligible to play for their select 2nd tier country.

Joely01

Bench
He doesn't like people calling him ran-rard-dra

He wants it pronounced ra-dra-dra

He will get very close to the 23 try record this year.

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
I have enjoyed watching just about every minute of Semi's path to the NRL. He still isn't a finished product but his start to the 2014 season has been phenomenal. Willie Tonga also deserves fair credit for giving him plenty of possession with the time and space he needs to play with.

Radradra, along with Terepo are both positive products of development with a eye for the longer road to the NRL. Both spent an appropriate time in the NSW Cup after graduating from the NYC before receiving exposure to the NRL. Neither are complete players yet by any means but the time spent at Wenty saw them as physically prepared for first-grade as you are ever likely to be.

Joseph Ualesi (1 NRL game) and Daniel Alvaro are the next two internal talents (although Alvaro hails from the Broncos originally) who along with Brendan Santi look to be treading this path next although I wouldn't be shocked if Ualesi comes into calculations from next week with the injury to Ben Smith.

Obviously there are times when exceptions will sidestep the tiered development path. Kelepi Tanginoa and Junior Paulo are two that did so due to a combination of desperation and sheer physical readiness beyond their age. Exceptions will always hopefully exist in our system, which club doesn't want the next Jarryd Hayne or Luke Brooks forcing their selection at the age of ~18 due to talent and form?

The key for Parramatta is convincing the talented but unready graduates of the NYC to progress to Wenty and then the NRL. Succession planning like such leaves all three primary grades strong, ideally fostering the winning attitude we all want while applying positive pressure in the competition for spots.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
If Semi played for Canberra there'd already be a "We've got a Semi" sign. Our sign makers need to step their game up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
sammy_davis_jr_main.jpg

Latest posts