What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

Gronk

Staff member
How are we going to go you reckon ?

EtQoXfmXUAE0eA9

strider

Post Whore
How are we going to go you reckon ?

EtQoXfmXUAE0eA9
Be interesting to see if Simmons turns out .... if he had turned up to the world champs a couple years back we likely get a medal .... but all our good players are getting older now ... we will probably do our usual 4th to 8th finish

Noise

Coach
Be interesting to see if Simmons turns out .... if he had turned up to the world champs a couple years back we likely get a medal .... but all our good players are getting older now ... we will probably do our usual 4th to 8th finish
I reckon Simmons will be less effective with the zone defences they can play in the international game. No 3 second in the key on defence. Clog the paint and force him to shoot. Then grab rebounds when he bricks them all.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon Simmons will be less effective with the zone defences they can play in the international game. No 3 second in the key on defence. Clog the paint and force him to shoot. Then grab rebounds when he bricks them all.
His game would still work if he had someone to pass to in the paint. Much as I love Baynes, he’s no Bogut in the passing game. Simmons could possibly play at forward rather than guard.
Unfortunately the career stars haven’t aligned, no Bogut, Ingles/Mills are going ok at moment but probably on decline, Delly definitely past prime and while the squad fillers are probably better, they’re still squad fillers

Noise

Coach
His game would still work if he had someone to pass to in the paint. Much as I love Baynes, he’s no Bogut in the passing game. Simmons could possibly play at forward rather than guard.
Unfortunately the career stars haven’t aligned, no Bogut, Ingles/Mills are going ok at moment but probably on decline, Delly definitely past prime and while the squad fillers are probably better, they’re still squad fillers
Maybe. But his passing game (which is very good) becomes less effective when you don't have to guard him at all on the perimeter because his defender can sag off him and help mark another threat. Ingles goes ok until a big match comes along. Then he's MIA.

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe. But his passing game (which is very good) becomes less effective when you don't have to guard him at all on the perimeter because his defender can sag off him and help mark another threat. Ingles goes ok until a big match comes along. Then he's MIA.
Completely unmarking him to allow him an uninhibited run inside causes panic defending which opens his passing game and Ingles, Mills and even Delly are good enough shooters to capitalise.
And I think your assessment of Ingles is a bit harsh. Everyone went missing to start that Spain game. But we overrate him because we need him to be a superstar for us to be competitive. He’s not a superstar, but in the 3rd man everything role he plays with Jazz, he’s really good.

Noise

Coach
Completely unmarking him to allow him an uninhibited run inside causes panic defending which opens his passing game and Ingles, Mills and even Delly are good enough shooters to capitalise.
And I think your assessment of Ingles is a bit harsh. Everyone went missing to start that Spain game. But we overrate him because we need him to be a superstar for us to be competitive. He’s not a superstar, but in the 3rd man everything role he plays with Jazz, he’s really good.
Ben Simmons is a joke. He is afraid of shooting. Refuses to shoot the 3. Shot 34% from the free throw line in the playoffs. The worst in history. That includes Shaq. He got hooked at in the 4th on offence because he is unplayable due to his free throw shooting. Defences just sag off him or foul him. There was video of him in the warm up consistently missing close range shots with no one on him. It's embarrassing.

Ingles went missing again for the Jazz.

strider

Post Whore
Ben Simmons is a joke. He is afraid of shooting. Refuses to shoot the 3. Shot 34% from the free throw line in the playoffs. The worst in history. That includes Shaq. He got hooked at in the 4th on offence because he is unplayable due to his free throw shooting. There was video of him in the warm up consistently missing close range shots with no one on him. It's embarrassing.

Ingles went missing again for the Jazz.
So you think we might get only silver?

Gronk

Staff member
I’m really looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics.

Said nobody ever.

What do Japanese men do when they vote? – They have an erection.

Latest posts