What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ozzie Roosters F7's

Monk

Referee
Welcome Everyone to the thread of the Ozzie Roosters a Forum 7's team made in honour of the great man Ozzie.... i would like to get us to make this team in his honour and i am hoping that the Sydney Roosters fans (and others) will get behind me in doing this. (Forum 7's Rules)

We need minimum 12 people mixture of full time and part time writers

The confirmed team we have below is:
1: Monk (Part-Time) (CoCaptain - would like to have a Fulltimer as CoCaptain along with me)
2: Non Terminator (Fulltime)

if anyone else is interested please do not hesitate to add yourself to the thread and the squad

Details

Team:- Ozzie Roosters
Venue:- Sydney Football Stadium
Logo:
OzzieRoosters.jpg

Ozzie was a renowned Forum 7's player, he played 32 matches, 21 for the roosters, 9 for the Panthers and 2 rep games.

Ozzie roosters will be participating in the PVP Preseason cup, if we go well we might be invited to play int he actual comp.

FOR OZZIE!

cheers
Monk

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
that prob wont be te official logo, its just something i whipped up

Big Mick

Referee
Sorry mate, as much as i'd love to help...i'm committed to captain my Panthers.

However, should this get up and running, seeing as Oz played for us...i'd love to have a Ozzie Shield...that we play for.

Monk

Referee
Sorry mate, as much as i'd love to help...i'm committed to captain my Panthers.

However, should this get up and running, seeing as Oz played for us...i'd love to have a Ozzie Shield...that we play for.

thanks anyways mate.

Dave Q

Coach
Yeah I am a bit caught up like Big Mick with my bags.

One day in the future, I hope to play for Souths, but I owe the bags all of my scores and peoples choice awards and they have been really supportive for my career, so in return I must be loyal.

I loved being part of Big Micks Maltese squad, that was a gun team that over-achieved.

But if you get it together, if selected to play against you, I think I will take a dive.

Good luck, logo is awesome. The club should adopt it.

I did show interest in joining the Eels, but I asked if it was ok to join this side. If it's a major inconvenience to them I might have to reconsider, but I would love to be a part of the side dedicated to Ozzie as full-time (even though I haven't done it before).

Monk

Referee
I did show interest in joining the Eels, but I asked if it was ok to join this side. If it's a major inconvenience to them I might have to reconsider, but I would love to be a part of the side dedicated to Ozzie as full-time (even though I haven't done it before).

ill put u in the squad as a Full Timer. although if u cant get out of the eels then thats ok.

Dave Q

Coach

Thats a fine effort too.

In the spirit of Ozzie, maybe you can combine these little masterpieces and adopt the hybrid version.

One of things Ozzie taught us was that things change so fast in this game, that its hard to keep your feet on the ground....but you have to try.

Last edited:
I did think the logo used in 2002 would be appropriate, I think he guided the Roosters F7's to the title, and we won the NRL comp too.

But the 1967 and 1978 logos would look great too, I'll give them a crack to see how they look.

henrieté

Juniors
I did think the logo used in 2002 would be appropriate, I think he guided the Roosters F7's to the title, and we won the NRL comp too.

But the 1967 and 1978 logos would look great too, I'll give them a crack to see how they look.

Melon was Captain in 2002, Ozzie in 2003 and me in 2004. I was the only captain to lead us into oblivion.

Setting up a team, being captain and being a member of a team is a huge commitment. For it to be a success every person in that team needs to be able to post when required. In 2006 Ozzie was going to form another team and contacted me to help. He went overseas as it happened and the team was never able to get off the ground.

I'm not sure if there is room in the Forum 7's for another team and I guess you will have to check out to see if it's possible.

Naturally if a team was to get up and running I could post on a part time basis. My businesses simply keep me too busy.

The Roosters team in the Forum 7's have been traditionally known as EASTS in the comp and we were all very competitive bastards who were in it to win it.

Melon was Captain in 2002, Ozzie in 2003 and me in 2004. I was the only captain to lead us into oblivion.

Setting up a team, being captain and being a member of a team is a huge commitment. For it to be a success every person in that team needs to be able to post when required. In 2006 Ozzie was going to form another team and contacted me to help. He went overseas as it happened and the team was never able to get off the ground.

I'm not sure if there is room in the Forum 7's for another team and I guess you will have to check out to see if it's possible.

Naturally if a team was to get up and running I could post on a part time basis. My businesses simply keep me too busy.

The Roosters team in the Forum 7's have been traditionally known as EASTS in the comp and we were all very competitive bastards who were in it to win it.

I can understand it. I've never been part of a team, yet I can see what you've all done.

It would be great if you could post part-time, you definitely have the ability.

henrieté

Juniors
Thanks Termy! I was never the strongest player and basically took the accolades for some truly amazing writers. Go and have a look at some of the articles Backpacker, Bubbles and Morticia wrote. And Mr. Monkey Business your doing Oz proud.

I have had a look at many. They blow me away. Still many to read.
Some writers I particularly like, it's amazing what the competition is.

henrieté

Juniors
There are some very passionate RL fans involved in the Forum 7's who would have no difficulty in becoming professional writers.

I believe that they would also teach these biased journalists who's tripe we currently have to endure a lesson.

henrieté

Juniors
LUCKY! Doesn't even begin to describe the arsey bastards. That someone pays them is truly astounding.

I know I'll probably sound biased but Gus blows them away with his writing ability. I don't care if you like him or not, agree or disagree with his views. His natural ability to put his thoughts in writing is admirable.