What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Phil Gould verbal diarrhoea thread

Fire

First Grade
Gus is good value.

He talks so much shit that he can't keep track of it, so I thought I'd start a thread to help him keep track of his own bullshit.

Number #1 - Penrith Panthers have a 5 year plan to win the Premiership (he said this about 10 years ago).

Number #2 - Anthony Griffin will not be getting fired (then he fires him).

Number #3 - Trent Merrin is going nowhere (then Trent signs with Leeds).

Feel free to add to the list when this blowhard opens his fat mouth...

Reactions: gUt

thorson1987

Coach
Gus is good value.

He talks so much shit that he can't keep track of it, so I thought I'd start a thread to help him keep track of his own bullshit.

Number #1 - Penrith Panthers have a 5 year plan to win the Premiership (he said this about 10 years ago).

TBF to Gus, he never actually said a 5 year plan to a premiership. It was that it would take 5 years to sort out the mess the club was in when he started, which has pretty much been done.

Fire

First Grade
Careful mate, if the Ivan saga has taught me anything it’s that Panthers fans arent very adept at handling criticism
2mls1c.jpg

OldPanther

Coach
Gus is good value.

The 5 year plan was made up by the media and as far as I know Leeds said Merrin wasn't going as well.

Careful mate, if the Ivan saga has taught me anything it’s that Panthers fans arent very adept at handling criticism

We've been pretty reasonable.

TheFrog

Coach
There's a heck of a lot more as well but I'm not here to give you material. Mention of the 5 year plan (a confection of Rothfield who quite openly admits to making it up) is a sure sign of desperation.

King hit

Coach
Can people knock off criticising him over his plan. Penrith were a total shitshow when he took on the job. Since his arrival they have no financial worries, are well managed, have successful junior clubs and have been competitive besides 2012. They mightn’t have won the premiership but they are now constant visitors to the semi finals. Vast on field improvement from 2005-2010.

Latest posts