What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread šŸŒˆ

IFR33K

Coach
They were there to protest cos Latham was speaking ... im not sure of the details of exactly what they were saying against him - do you know? .... im no Latham fan, does your belief mean he has a right to be heard too?

If Iā€™m not mistaken I believe Latham in the past has spoken up about transgenders iirc. Iā€™m assuming some have taken offense to his comments.

protesting outside a church is ludicrous thou. Especially breaking a glass cross. They went there for a reaction and they got one. Iā€™m not sure theyā€™ll go there again.

Gronk

Staff member
Latham is echoing the transphobia from the USA. There is no specific elements in the NSW curriculum that promotes, encourages or even remotely scratches the surface of anything trans, yet heā€™s still banging on with his fake outrage.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^ For context, read the Bill that he was seeking to have passed in NSW

What is the anti-trans kids bill about?​

Lathamā€™s Education Legislation Amendment (Parental Rights) Bill 2020 is all about denying that trans people are real. Latham told parliament that acknowledging the existence of gender diversity is one part of a ā€œdisease in most Western education systemsā€ that he wants to ā€œoutlawā€ in NSW.

The bill will effectively force all public and private schools to deny that trans people exist. It will be unlawful for schools to tell their students that there is a difference between chromosomal sex on the one hand, and gender expression on the other.

Homo man69

Juniors
^^^^ For context, read the Bill that he was seeking to have passed in NSW

What is the anti-trans kids bill about?​

Lathamā€™s Education Legislation Amendment (Parental Rights) Bill 2020 is all about denying that trans people are real. Latham told parliament that acknowledging the existence of gender diversity is one part of a ā€œdisease in most Western education systemsā€ that he wants to ā€œoutlawā€ in NSW.

The bill will effectively force all public and private schools to deny that trans people exist. It will be unlawful for schools to tell their students that there is a difference between chromosomal sex on the one hand, and gender expression on the
It won't make public and private schools deny trans people exist? You're bending the truth so it aligns with your agenda. The bill means schools educate students about biological sex only. They won't be doing lessons about trans people not existing

Homo man69

Juniors
If Iā€™m not mistaken I believe Latham in the past has spoken up about transgenders iirc. Iā€™m assuming some have taken offense to his comments.

protesting outside a church is ludicrous thou. Especially breaking a glass cross. They went there for a reaction and they got one. Iā€™m not sure theyā€™ll go there again.
Usually trans protesters only deal with a small amount of counter protesters. This time they bit off more than they could chew. Don't have much pity for them

Gronk

Staff member
It won't make public and private schools deny trans people exist? You're bending the truth so it aligns with your agenda. The bill means schools educate students about biological sex only. They won't be doing lessons about trans people not existing
It didnā€™t pass. The bill was withdrawn. Itā€™s not my agenda.

hindy111

Post Whore
Latham is echoing the transphobia from the USA. There is no specific elements in the NSW curriculum that promotes, encourages or even remotely scratches the surface of anything trans, yet heā€™s still banging on with his fake outrage.

Time and place. What did they think would happen going to Sth west Sydney and smashing a cross?
It was very silly and their own fault.

Gronk

Staff member
Time and place. What did they think would happen going to Sth west Sydney and smashing a cross?
It was very silly and their own fault.
Source ? Not saying they didnā€™t, but from the reports I saw there were a dozen LGBTQ people representing transgender rights vs hundreds.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They were there to protest cos Latham was speaking ... im not sure of the details of exactly what they were saying against him - do you know? .... im no Latham fan, does your belief mean he has a right to be heard too?

No, I don't know either but Latham has made transphobic comments in the past so no wonder they are targeting him.

They both have a right to speak and be heard, everyone has a right to an opinion, not just the ones that people may agree with.

Gronk

Staff member

Hate speech vs freedom of speech. I think itā€™s pretty clear that the people of that parish were selected by Latham over, say some church in Turramurra, because of the powder keg potential a week out from the election. They were used as political pawns by Latham and they should have seen it coming.

5F924579-9131-4FB9-8296-A37E7AEA8D7B.jpeg

Interestingly the Catholic weekly reckons that

The people who acted violently outside St Michaelā€™s Belfield were not members of the local parish community,ā€ the Archdiocese of Sydneyā€™s spokesperson said.

hindy111

Post Whore
Source ? Not saying they didnā€™t, but from the reports I saw there were a dozen LGBTQ people representing transgender rights vs hundreds.

Well they are a minority group. I think they need to be carefull. People will give a bit but try and take to much and there will be backlash
We've come a long way which is great i feel bit small steps. People now are getting a bit sick of hearing it all now.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Well they are a minority group. I think they need to be carefull. People will give a bit but try and take to much and there will be backlash
We've come a long way which is great i feel bit small steps. People now are getting a bit sick of hearing it all now.
Or merkins could just leave them alone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interestingly the Catholic weekly reckons that

The people who acted violently outside St Michaelā€™s Belfield were not members of the local parish community,ā€ the Archdiocese of Sydneyā€™s spokesperson said.
Of course they werenā€™t. Churchgoers donā€™t fight. They turn the other cheek. Violent acts in defence of Christianity arenā€™t performed by religious Christians, but instead by cultural/tribal Christians. People for whom religion and religious values are like an ethnic identity. Think non-observant Muslims.

IFR33K

Coach
translated = you are becoming less tolerant

you don't speak for all "people"

If a Muslim man came to you to preach, but you couldnā€™t be bothered hearing what he has to say, does it make you less tolerant? Or just genuinely not interested in his religion?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If a Muslim man came to you to preach, but you couldnā€™t be bothered hearing what he has to say, does it make you less tolerant? Or just genuinely not interested in his religion?

what's the difference ?

Latest posts