What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the real reasoin

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
:pray::pray::pray::pray:ever since the season started we have all aired our opinions on this forum about who should go and who played like a one legged bandicoot. after seven rounds imo the problem is not individuals but the teams attitude towards the game. it seems that they go into a game expecting to be beaten. i know that mateo says that they don't talk about the turmoil in the club, but, surely it must be on their minds. in the past players have been let go and end up playing excellent with a new club. this makes me think that the problem is one of commitment and desire to win at all costs. it is not a coaching problem, we have the talent but they just don't seem to play together. having said all that there is still 19 rounds to go before the semis. that is 38 points on offer. with commitment , trust in each others ability and a burning desire to put everything into EVERY match we can still make the semis and possibhly win the premiership.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just stay right there don't move, we'll send an ambulance there as soon as humanly possible.

Eelman Jack,
Me thinks you need to go on another cruise, put your feet up and think about something that has nothing to do with footy. If you can't then just wait around for Staggers ambulance.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we can make the semis

we were in a rabble early 2005, and also 2006, but got some momentum

once our attack gets fine tuned, we will stack on the points, which will ease the defensive load

still early days, im not prepared to write the eels off

cowboys (at parra)
bye
sea eagles (no b stewart, no beaver)
souths
sharks (at parra)

we win 4 of those 5 games, then we are back in it baby

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
just don't move...

aaawww gee, i get the feeling you don't agree with me. well that's what makes the world go round. besides nothing like a good difference of opinion. but, i do like this forum, and whatever opinions are posted i know we all want the same outcome.

lingard

Coach
:pray::pray::pray::pray:ever since the season started we have all aired our opinions on this forum about who should go and who played like a one legged bandicoot. after seven rounds imo the problem is not individuals but the teams attitude towards the game. it seems that they go into a game expecting to be beaten. i know that mateo says that they don't talk about the turmoil in the club, but, surely it must be on their minds. in the past players have been let go and end up playing excellent with a new club. this makes me think that the problem is one of commitment and desire to win at all costs. it is not a coaching problem, we have the talent but they just don't seem to play together. having said all that there is still 19 rounds to go before the semis. that is 38 points on offer. with commitment , trust in each others ability and a burning desire to put everything into EVERY match we can still make the semis and possibhly win the premiership.

I`m sorry; I think you`re wrong. We DON`T have the talent. I wish people would stop saying that. Yes, we have a few talented young players, but our roster is the weakest in the NRL. Why? Because we don`t have one or two (or three, even) state of origin standard players to mentor the young blokes. Haven`t had that for years. The reason young blokes who leave Parra and do well at other clubs is because the other clubs (most other clubs) do have these quality players to help mould the young blokes.
Attitude, confidence, etc, etc, etc, will come when we have two or three of these players in our side. Where will we get them? We`ll buy them in 2010 and 2011.
Look back at the Parra sides of the eighties. You might think that all those local boys just came up from the lower grades at the same time and just 'clicked'. Wrong. We`d already had Cronin and Price fo a couple of years when Kenny came up. And later came Ella and Sterling. And then we BOUGHT Stephen Edge. Super teams have to be built up gradually. A lot of these guys we`ve got now would probably go real well with four players of the claibre of the above mentioned playing along side them. It`ll just take a couple of years. Then you`ll see confidence and attitude again.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I think we can make the semis

we were in a rabble early 2005, and also 2006, but got some momentum

once our attack gets fine tuned, we will stack on the points, which will ease the defensive load

still early days, im not prepared to write the eels off

cowboys (at parra)
bye
sea eagles (no b stewart, no beaver)
souths
sharks (at parra)

we win 4 of those 5 games, then we are back in it baby

We`ll win that second one. :lol: