What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Real Team

Genius Freak

Juniors
Fresh off the Sharks website

DAVID PEACHEY 1 FULLBACK
NATHAN MERRITT 2 WING
RYAN McGOLDRICK 3 CENTRE
PHIL BAILEY 4 CENTRE
MATTHEW RIECK 5 WINGER
GREG BIRD 6 FIVE EIGHT
BRETT KIMMORLEY © 7 HALF BACK
JASON STEVENS 8 PROP
DEAN BOSNICH 9 HOOKER
DANNY NUTLEY 10 PROP
ANDREW LOMU 11 SECOND ROW
PAUL GALLEN 12 SECOND ROW
MATT HILDER 13 LOCK

Interchange
CHRIS BEATTIE 14
KEITH GALLOWAY 15
SAM ISEMONGER 16
MICHAEL SULLIVAN 17

Jimbo

Immortal
Interesting.

Nutley's a better option in the second row IMO, putting Beatts on the bench should wake him up a bit.

Nice looking team. Us by 8.

Special K

Coach
One tough forward pack. Really you take a huge bastard like Stevo off and then chuck on a huge bastard like Galloway or Beattie :shock:

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I was right on McGoldrick. The starting lineup comes as no surprise at all, but I am surprised to see Isemonger and Galloway on the bench. Big thumbs up.

And Nuts will just keep bashing away all day. I still think Bailey shouldn't be in the centres, too slow, but that's not a bad side. Tons of pace out in the backs we just need Stinky to catch the ball. It will be a pretty strong line up once Vagana is fit and it will be interesting to see how they go.

Let's get the bad taste of 2003 well and truly out of our mouths with a convincing win on the weekend.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As Big Kev would say
'I'm excited'

SS must be off cursing somewhere - hehehe

SirShire

First Grade
I am ver interested to see how McGoldrick goes in this game though. Best of luck to him.

You can't please everyone but I am very disappointed about Franze's omission and Newton/Russo. Will still out muscle them though. Oh and Nutley is better as a prop. :clap: Bailey and Lomu will be our secondrowers. :clap:

warren

Juniors
its not about pleasing everyone, its about putting the best team out on the paddock

warren I thought having those quoted players in the team would be the best team possible on the paddock............

Macca

Coach
Genius Freak said:
Fresh off the Sharks website

DAVID PEACHEY 1 FULLBACK
NATHAN MERRITT 2 WING
RYAN McGOLDRICK 3 CENTRE
PHIL BAILEY 4 CENTRE
MATTHEW RIECK 5 WINGER
GREG BIRD 6 FIVE EIGHT
BRETT KIMMORLEY © 7 HALF BACK
JASON STEVENS 8 PROP
DEAN BOSNICH 9 HOOKER
DANNY NUTLEY 10 PROP
ANDREW LOMU 11 SECOND ROW
PAUL GALLEN 12 SECOND ROW
MATT HILDER 13 LOCK

Interchange
CHRIS BEATTIE 14
KEITH GALLOWAY 15
SAM ISEMONGER 16
MICHAEL SULLIVAN 17

Very interesting isn't it.

A few surprises for me:

1) McGoldrick in front of Franze. Makes me wonder if Bailey will play alot of footy in the centres this year or perhaps Franze isn't fully recovered yet. From all the interviews and trial reports I have seem I was under the impression that one of these 2 would partner Vagana. Are they both left field centres or something? I don't get it. Anyway Bailey did a good job for us last year so I don't mind while Vagana is injured.

2) Nutley and Lomu's selection has me a little suprised, I thought they'd play in alternate positions, but that doesn't bother me, I am glad they are both in the side.

3) Galloway on the bench. Didn't think they'd disperse with the cotton wool on him so soon. Big expectations for this bloke and alot of pressure in front of a double header crowd. Good luck Keith.

4) Isemonger hits blokes hard in defense and does a lot of work in attack but I didn't think he was one of our top forwards last year. I was hoping to see Russo in his spot because he seems to be more of a ball handler. However, Sammy is a local junior and I hope he goes really well.

The rest of the side was fairly straight forward. Gee I hope they give Merritt a chance to kick goals if we get far enough ahead. I think it's a good enough squad to beat the Tigers. :D

cheese

Bench
Franze's a myth. But each to their own. Cant say im overly wrapped in Zeus either, but atleast he's got some toe

I'm not overly impressed with the team yet but hopefully they will grow on me

The backline looks a bit weak, a bit wet behind the ears too

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I can't imagine a team holding up the sheild that has Gallen, & Bosnich in it.
Let alone Bird & Reick.
For mine, it could have been stronger.

Saleh, Franze, Green & I'm not sure about his status, but williams too.

Latest posts