What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Yosh

Coach
Hi guys! How we all doing? So 6 straight and counting... How do we fix this?

Coach: Gus

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Flash Gordon

6. Mullen
7. Soward/Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Gallen
11. House
12. Bird
13. Watmough

14. Farah
15. Mannah
16. Tolman
17. Grant

Really is too early but just thought I'd get one started as last year's was pretty popular!

timka4

Bench
1. Dugan / Stewart (Really whoever is in better form at the time, I know Dugan is probably our 'future' fullback, but Stewart is the better player at the moment IMO.)
2. Hayne (Best NSW back over the past 4 or so years)
3. Lawrence (Best centre in NSW)
4. Gordon / Jennings (I think Gordon could really shine in the centres, however I'm not too sure on his passing game and Uate needs all the ball and space he can get)
5. Uate (Best Winger in NSW)
6. Campese / Soward (Depending on how good Campese returns next year, he is our greatest 5/8, he can be inconsistent but being surrounded by better players will help that area of his game)
7. Mullen (Same story as Campese, can be inconsistent, but NSW's greatest half back IMO on his day. Waiting too see what Bennett can do for his form)
8. TLL (Best Prop for NSW, maybe not best at club level, but origin he has always fired, be it on the bench, backrow, prop)
9. Farah (I can't stress enough how important this position is, and Farah is NSW's best hooker)
10. Snowden (If he can overcome his back injury in time and regain his form. Maybe even return as a better player under Bennett)
11. Lewis (Even though he is rated, still under-rated, a great all round backrower and leader)
12. Bird (Breaks the line, defends well, always plays well for NSW)
13. Gallen (C) (Workhorse, captain, aggressive, inspirational)

14. Mannah (Does his job, however better utilised off the bench rather than starting imo)
15. Galloway (Deserves another shot, only got to play 10 minutes for NSW, great prop for tigers)
16. Sims (future NSW star backrower, start him now in what is a fairly experienced NSW forward pack)
17. Watmough (Aggressive, experienced, great impact off bench)

18. Fensom (Potential lock / backrower for NSW in the future)
Coach. Ricky Stuart

We have enough quality props to allow Gallen to play back in the backrow, they just need to be rotated properly and the right props need to be selected.

Last edited:

Keen4Green

Juniors
The thread's not really that early seeing the tickets for game one in Melbourne have been on sale for a few weeks...got mine !! can't hardly wait

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Michael Gordon
Rarely makes an error, is well positioned to defend at fullback and also get to most kicks on the full. Good support player, gets through a mountain of work and since last season has averaged over 200m a game at fullback

2. Jarryd Hayne
Has been NSW best on the left wing more then a few times. Could rotate with Michael Gordon to help him see a little more ball if needed.

3. Michael Jennings
Showed what he can do this year when he gets the ball early with a bit of space.

4. Chris Lawrence
Very unlucky not to have played for NSW yet. Hopefully he's fit next season. I think either he or Jennings could easily play on the right side.

5. Akuila Uate
He's freakishly fast and strong. He hits it up just as hard as a front rower and was easily our best back over the 3 games in 2011.

6. Jamie Soward
He was pretty average this season, but there's no real standouts to replace him as yet.

7. Jarrod Mullen
Huge improvement over Pearce. Already experienced in Origin and much more mature then he was last time he played.

8. Tim Grant
Gets through a lot of work and by Origin next season should be used to leading a forward pack now that Petero is leaving Penrith. I reckon he has been better then Petero this season TBH. Still only young and will have a long rep career ahead of him.

9. Robbie Farah
It's criminal that he was dropped for Michael Ennis. By far the better player and with any luck he'll get the chance to prove that next season.

10. Paul Gallen
I've always thought he played more of a front rower role. Just smashing it up all game. Would love to see him stay in the front row next season. Although I would give him a bit of a breather at some point. Or atleast shift him wide and bring on someone like TLL for a bit.

11. Greg Bird
Usually fires up for NSW and always looks dangerous for us.

12. Beau Scott
Not a fan of Beau Scott. But he's a solid defender and seems to get under the oppositions skin.

13. Luke Lewis
Should have started this year. Deserved more game time. One of NSWs most dangerous ball runners and he's also a fairly handy ball player aswell.

14. Anthony Watmough
Great impact player and usually rips in for NSW.

15. Tariq Sims
This guy is a beast. Probably could have played this year and done a decent job. Really hope he kicks of next season in the same form he has had this year.

16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Pretty average season this year, but with any luck he'll bounce back to 2010 form next year and can rip in for NSW.

17. Tim Mannah
Outside of Paul Gallen was probably our best prop this season. Not that it's saying much. But I think coming off the bench with the forward pack listed here he's a chance at stepping into a match where we're on top in the forwards.

No need for a utility. We have multiple players who are versatile enough. If someone goes down we're better off deciding what to do at the time then wasting a spot on a player who odds on won't be needed. Lewis and Bird alone cover most of the team.

Only trouble with picking a team now is that 5 games into next season these guys could be playing like sh*t or have picked up an injury. Odds on by Origin next year my opinion on atleast 5 of these positions could have changed.

RHCP

Bench
1. Josh Dugan/Brett Stewart/Jarryd Hayne
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jarryd Hayne/Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah/Kurt Gidley/Danny Buderus (after mini I could see it happening)
10. Kade Snowden/Aiden Tolman/Luke Douglas/Keith Galloway/Tim Grant
11. Beau Scott
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley/Robbie Farah/Danny Buderus/Tariq Sims/Shaun Fensom
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Luke Lewis

18. Tariq Sims
19. Shaun Fensom

Only 2 debutants max in there, which is what's best for the team. All the players in that side have been there before and even Lawrence has played for the Kangaroos. Only hooker and prop are points of contention; everybody else has earned their place, it'll be up to whoevers playing best for 9 and 10 come 2012 imo.

If Farah gets picked, he plays 80.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Gordon
2.Uate
3.Lawrence
4.Jennings
5.Hayne
6.Soward
7.Pearce
8.Mannah
9.Ennis
10.Learoyd - Lahrs
11.Bird
12.Scott
13.Gallen

14.Lewis
15.T Sims
16.Watmough
17.Merrin

As long as Pearce,Gallen,Bird,Ennis and Gidley are picked for the Blues,QLD will be happy. Please,Dear LORD choose them for years and years.Amen. Edit:Ricky Stuart for permanent Blues coach also.

Yosh

Coach
Ah knew there were players I was forgetting.

Kidley and Mullen will be the next NSW superstars under WB. Mullen in the halves and Kidley at hooker.

TLL and Lewis have to be in the team. Sims is also someone I would definitely consider.

I'm actually quite a big Gordon fan so definitely want to see him in there somewhere.

I think I'll break up my team like this:

Backs I would like to see in the mix:
Uate
Hayne
Dugan
Stewart
Gordon
Lawrence
Jennings

I think a combination of these blokes will definitely get the job done. I however never want to see Brett Morris in the sky blue again...

Halves:
Mullen
Soward
Pearce
Campese

I'm going out on a limb here but is either Louie (Tigers) or Cherry-Evans (Manly) from NSW? I think both of them might be in with a shout as I think both of them are really good players.

Forwards:
Kidley
Farah
Ennis
Lewis
TLL
Snowden
Gallen
Watmough
Scott
Bird
Mannah
Sims
Grant
Tolman
House

I really do hope Kidley moves into the hooking role full time next year under WB. It's his best position imo and he won't be out of place in the sky blue 9. Also, it'll mean he can play most of the game as captain as well (9-->13) Or Gallen will keep captaincy.

I think the forwards I have chosen have a mix of grunt, yardage and attacking flair about them.

Redoing my team:

1. Hayne/Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Jennings/Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Uate

6. Soward
7. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Gallen
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Lewis

14. TLL
15. Mannah
16. Watmough
17. Farah

18. House
19. Sims
20. Tolman
21. Grant

Coach: Yosh

timka4

Bench
Robert Lui is QLD also, went too Keebra (at Gold Coast) and played for QLD Open Schoolboys

zippee

Juniors
Hi guys! How we all doing? So 6 straight and counting... How do we fix this?

Coach: Gus

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Flash Gordon

6. Mullen
7. Soward/Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Gallen
11. House
12. Bird
13. Watmough

14. Farah
15. Mannah
16. Tolman
17. Grant

Isn't he going to pommy land? Surely he won't get a look in

Yosh

Coach
House? Nah man he staying with us LONG time. I think he really likes the club and he captains our side here and there.

Man QLD have a wealth of talent coming through... NZ do as well with the likes of Benji and Foran being their halves for at least another 5 or so years... Looks like NSW is the one missing out... We were blessed with the likes of Fittler and Joey not too long ago...

timka4

Bench
We have heaps of good juniors coming through, someone made a list in a thread god knows where (probably interstate) comparing the juniors of QLD and NSW, we have a lot of great talent coming through.

Big Pete

Referee
I really wouldn't be making too many changes. The Blues were onto something this year and came very close.

Basically something along the lines of...

1. Josh Dugan
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Luke Lewis

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Tim Mannah
17. Anthony Watmough

With Gordon, Mullen, Galloway and T. Sims coming into calculations.

I also think City/Country will be very important next season and will look forward to seeing the likes Stewart, Fensom, Houston, Grant and co. plead their case and work their into being looked at.

Should be another great series.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Michael Jennings (if he can get his s*** together!)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley - Wayne Bennett will get this halves combo firing
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen
11. Beau Scott
12. Greg Bird
13. Luke Lewis

14. Jarryd Hayne
15. Tariq Sims
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (I don't know how he didn't get a run this year, I'm sure if he was a backrower he would have.)

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Kade Snowden
11. Luke Lewis
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Keith Galloway
16. Tim Grant
17. Tariq Sims

Johns Magic

Referee
House? Nah man he staying with us LONG time. I think he really likes the club and he captains our side here and there.

The confusion here is that you've used House to describe Chris Houston, a nickname that even Knights fans rarely use for him, when it has always been Trent Waterhouse's nickname.