What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

timka4

Bench
There are a few potential candidates for 5/8th next year. Campese, Maloney, Soward, Mullen, Carney are all in with a shot.

All have shown they are easily good enough for the origin arena, but have been fairly inconsistent (some due to injuries, some due to just being an inconsistent player and others due to alcohol).

Vic Mackey

Referee
i really think the backline needs to be:

1. stewart
2. hayne
3. lawrence
4. jennings
5. uate

all of these blokes are big, strong and FAST. this is by far our most dangerous backline. hayne playing outside lawrence on the left could be absolute dynamite. jennings has played plenty of right center in his career, he showed in game 1 this year he is up to the level. stewart has shown with a full season under his belt he is our best fullback by far.

the halves are open for mine and could be any combo of:

Soward, Pearce, Campese, Carney, Maloney. Soward and Pearce were adequate this year but neither have an x factor. Campese and Carney IMO if fit and not being dickheads are by far our two best halves. Maloney is a tough bastard and you know he isnt the type of character who will over awed in an origin atmosphere. However for mine the spots are Sowards and Pearces to lose.

Pack:

8. gallen
9. farah
10. galloway
11. g.stewart
12. scott
13. watmough

ive never been a beau scott fan but he was great for us this year. stewart has to be there for the combo with his brother and watmough always excels at origin level. farah needs to be given another shot. ennis has had 7 goes at origin and played like 1 good game.

bench:

14. mannah
15. lewis
16. t.williams/mateo
17. bird

now im not a gidley hater but there is NO need for him. if a back goes down lewis or t.williams can easily fill in. if a half or hooker goes down bird can fill in. farah or ennis can both play 80mins. gidley wastes a spot on the bench that could go to a REAL impact player like williams or mateo

timka4

Bench
Agree, I also rate Sims over Mateo and Williams for the impact backrower bench spot as well.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon the nsw players playing for aus now are gonna be chosen for sure unless they have a massibe loss of form at the start of next year.

We will be awesome next year. Enough said :)

Keep telling yourself that.

It all depends upon Stuart's selections,and he is suspect in that area(How would you feel about Minichiello playing again?).

What you will get is Gallen,Pearce,Bird,Ennis and Gidley again and NSW will lose the series again as long as this lot get selected.They collectively are a boon to QLD.

Watch what happens.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
No one gives two shits about QLD on here........ It's a NSW thread and we're going to annihilate those Maroon coloured merkins next year :D

Dragon2010

First Grade
If your a QLDer in a NSW thread, sure it is!

Dude they have trouble telling apart their wife from their sister! They probably think they're in the QLD thread. :crazy:

And in the above statement. Yes some players we have chosen have been of a benefit to QLD such as Gidley (To a degree), Morris, Ennis just to name a few. However I'm making a call here QLD will be a very different team without Lockyer at the helm and NSW has room for improvement QLD can't improve much they are pretty much at their best and rightfully so.

timka4

Bench
It will take Cronk a couple of games to get use to the arena still. Yeah he has come on for 10-15 minutes but he hasn't had a big role when he has come onto the field.

Not that QLD will be much worse off, but they won't be as good. A little bit of the calming influence will be lost as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lewis is the most under rated on this site.

I am happy this is one the selectors get right, NSW, AUS.

Gets f**ked around because he can cover so many positions. If a centre, winger, fullback or half gets hurt then move him, theirs going to be another second row on the bench.
and no Gidley please unless he's starting hooker playing 80mins