What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Dragon2010

First Grade
YY is just a winger who knows how to position him self in attack and like Folau has his size to benefit him. Otherwise he is a terrible read at defense and if you can trip him out can pretty much slot in a soft try against him. His also made look greater by playing behind Lockyer and the likes.

Yosh

Coach
Both YY and Uate are great wingers but I'd say Aku is a better player. I believe Aku might have been a little injured during the finals? If it wasn't for his hands, Aku probably would have scored 2 or 3 more tries as well.

Big Pete

Referee
YY is just a winger who knows how to position him self in attack and like Folau has his size to benefit him. Otherwise he is a terrible read at defense and if you can trip him out can pretty much slot in a soft try against him. His also made look greater by playing behind Lockyer and the likes.

His defence isn't actually that bad. His poor defensive performances have come where he's overcompensated for his inside men like Dale Copley and Corey Norman who are terrible liabilities. If anything Jharal is inconsistent in defence. He can be very good or he can be just like the average winger.

I rate Uate as the best winger in the game but some of the arguments made against Yow Yeh have been pretty poor.

typicalfan

Coach
His defence isn't actually that bad. His poor defensive performances have come where he's overcompensated for his inside men like Dale Copley and Corey Norman who are terrible liabilities. If anything Jharal is inconsistent in defence. He can be very good or he can be just like the average winger.

I rate Uate as the best winger in the game but some of the arguments made against Yow Yeh have been pretty poor.
YY could well be another Hodges or infact be like the next generation. Destined for the centres with his footwork and build.

Uate just provides so much, he is like a forward in his own end, he breaks tackles and seems to improve all the time, last season he had a weakness under the high ball, this year he seems to calm and confident under it. Uate is only tapping into his potential IMO. Bit of a weakness in defense sometimes but not terrible if he put his body on the line in defense a little more players would soon stop running his way!

Big Pete

Referee
He might have improved in that area but Uate is still a weak link under the high ball. Especially when you consider the game he had against the Broncos and the entire Four Nations series.

I don't see a whole lot of Hodges in YY. If anything he kind of reminds me of a taller Matt Sing. Plays with a lot of heart but capable of some goofs. Uate reminds me of Tuqiri, let's see how he goes with some Bennett polish.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade

True there. Don't get me wrong I rate YY. He is deifnetly one of the better wingers I am only rating off what I have seen I have not watched every Broncos game so I'm not as experienced as you in his analysis as a player. I still think from what I've seen Uate is better but he is also more seasoned.

I can see YY being a more defined center in the future like Hodges or turning into a Folau style player (Hopefully AFL don't poach our talent).

Yosh

Coach
He might have improved in that area but Uate is still a weak link under the high ball. Especially when you consider the game he had against the Broncos and the entire Four Nations series.

I don't see a whole lot of Hodges in YY. If anything he kind of reminds me of a taller Matt Sing. Plays with a lot of heart but capable of some goofs. Uate reminds me of Tuqiri, let's see how he goes with some Bennett polish.

Been saying that for years...

Vuna could have been a Sailor clone as well...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So much footy to be played..........

No Lockyer, one thing for sure.

NSW best chance in a fair while.

Qld still quality, always, but........

So much footy to be played.....

Dragon2010

First Grade
Going to be an interesting season in 2012. Carney back on the park, Soward without Bennett, Maloney will be more seasoned, Newcastle players will have been coached by Bennett, Lockyer gone.....going to be a few interesting factors. Me for once would like to see Dugan in brilliant form but again I still think Stewart is the better option.

timka4

Bench
Yeah maybe, but Dugan in 2010 was very good and he was good in his first origin game in a team with limited ball. He will be in the team I'd say eventually, its whether or not we bring him in now or in 2-3 years time

Hutty1986

Immortal
So much footy to be played..........

No Lockyer, one thing for sure.

NSW best chance in a fair while.

Qld still quality, always, but........

So much footy to be played.....

Will be very, very interesting next year. A lot will depend on if we can get some 50/50 calls in what are essentially two away games in I & III

timka4

Bench
Melbourne is closer to neutral then it is 'like suncorp' but yes I do agree it is favoured towards QLD. But that difference won't be enough to stir us or QLD.

Melbourne is closer to neutral then it is 'like suncorp' but yes I do agree it is favoured towards QLD. But that difference won't be enough to stir us or QLD.

I beg to differ.

Please remember that Smith,Slater and Cronk are all players who have their Rugby League home-base in Melbourne.Inglis formerly had his there.Aside from the fact that Melbourne Storm fans will want to be there to barrack for 'their' players,those players themselves take it as a matter of principle that they want to put on a good showing for the Melbourne fans.That's additional to their desire to play well for the QLD fans.

Can the NSW players have that sentiment deep down?Well,they will pay lip service to it,but that is not the same as having a long-term commitment to doing just that as possessed by the Storm players.

There's plenty of motivation there for Smith,Slater,Cronk and Inglis to play extra well in Melbourne.I for one relish the thought of those guys playing with added motivation in Melbourne.Don't you? :D

timka4

Bench
lol not at all. Everytime a SOO game is played in Melbourne, there is a slight QLD dominance in the crowd, but it's nowhere near as loud and intimidating as Suncorp.

Murf

Juniors
Hey guys, new to the forum. Thought i'd chuck in my two cents.

1. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney/Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Stewart.

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. Bird
17. Galloway/Learoyd - Lahrs.

A few points on my choices.

Firstly, Brett Stewart is the best fullback in NSW period. This is coming from a Parra fan too so i'm not biased towards him in any way.

I really wanted to include Jennings in the centers especially after his performance in origin last series. However I feel that Hayne cannot be excluded no matter the position and that Gordon is a far superior winger so Hayne had to be moved to the centers at the cost of Jennings.

In the halves I think that if Carney can recapture some sanity and form then he surely must be the first five eighth in line. However you can't forget that Mullen with WB's tutelage may present a very strong case.

We have to resign ourselves to the fact that Pearce will be there. I dont think he is the best number 7 running around but our options are obviously very limited at this time. For our sake I hope within the next two years some product comes along that will be impossible to ignore.

In my opinion Mannah has to be there, he has shown that he is up to the task and can take what Matt Scott dishes out to him and return serve as well.

The second row is the only area that I think we have QLD well and truly covered. There are the big five in Lewis, Bird, Scott, Watmough and Stewart. I have designed my side around the basis that they can all fit in there because I feel they all bring something different to the table that NSW need to beat QLD.

Farah has to be there too, the fact that Ennis gets picked every year is a deadset joke. I look at the Lowes commercials that he is in right now and it just backs up my claim that this dickhead cant do anything right. I dont think Farah is anywhere close to a Cameron Smith, but he is better than Ennis, the stats agree and I dont think you will find many people out there that can make a convincing argument about Ennis being the better player. He has had his shot, get rid of him.

Gids will be there, I however dont think this is such a bad thing and have included him on my bench. He tries his guts out, can give good service from dummy half and provided he doesnt try to do all himself will be an assett for NSW, however I do wish Craig Wing had never left because he has been the best NSW utility of the 00's

I found it hard to exclude Tony Williams, Tariq Sims or Feleti Mateo. Any of these playes would be explosive off the bench. However our second row is already packed with great players. Injury could change this however and I would not be upset if any of these players made the team at the expense of say Greg Bird or Beau Scott.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Hey guys, new to the forum. Thought i'd chuck in my two cents.

1. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney/Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Stewart.

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. Bird
17. Galloway/Learoyd - Lahrs.

A few points on my choices.

Firstly, Brett Stewart is the best fullback in NSW period. This is coming from a Parra fan too so i'm not biased towards him in any way.

I really wanted to include Jennings in the centers especially after his performance in origin last series. However I feel that Hayne cannot be excluded no matter the position and that Gordon is a far superior winger so Hayne had to be moved to the centers at the cost of Jennings.

In the halves I think that if Carney can recapture some sanity and form then he surely must be the first five eighth in line. However you can't forget that Mullen with WB's tutelage may present a very strong case.

We have to resign ourselves to the fact that Pearce will be there. I dont think he is the best number 7 running around but our options are obviously very limited at this time. For our sake I hope within the next two years some product comes along that will be impossible to ignore.

In my opinion Mannah has to be there, he has shown that he is up to the task and can take what Matt Scott dishes out to him and return serve as well.

The second row is the only area that I think we have QLD well and truly covered. There are the big five in Lewis, Bird, Scott, Watmough and Stewart. I have designed my side around the basis that they can all fit in there because I feel they all bring something different to the table that NSW need to beat QLD.

Farah has to be there too, the fact that Ennis gets picked every year is a deadset joke. I look at the Lowes commercials that he is in right now and it just backs up my claim that this dickhead cant do anything right. I dont think Farah is anywhere close to a Cameron Smith, but he is better than Ennis, the stats agree and I dont think you will find many people out there that can make a convincing argument about Ennis being the better player. He has had his shot, get rid of him.

Gids will be there, I however dont think this is such a bad thing and have included him on my bench. He tries his guts out, can give good service from dummy half and provided he doesnt try to do all himself will be an assett for NSW, however I do wish Craig Wing had never left because he has been the best NSW utility of the 00's

I found it hard to exclude Tony Williams, Tariq Sims or Feleti Mateo. Any of these playes would be explosive off the bench. However our second row is already packed with great players. Injury could change this however and I would not be upset if any of these players made the team at the expense of say Greg Bird or Beau Scott.

I agree will all of that, please email this to NSWRL. ;-)

Dragon2010

First Grade
Great team Murf! Infact....pretty much what I'd choose. I'd prob swap Gallen and Mannah though (I like the fact of Gallen being in a number in a two digit number)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, nothing wrong with that side really besides the ??? over Carney and Mullen. If either of those guys can get their heads in the game this season then Id be happy to see Soward shown the door.

Pazza

First Grade
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Stewart.

who's playing in the tight role?

Both Scott and Stewart are right side edge players and Lewis i can't see playing tight.

Better to start with Watmough playing tight with Lewis on the left and Scott on the right.

Last edited: