What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Hutty1986

Immortal
One more thing:

Stuart's selection of Minichello was utter lunacy.Supposedly Mini 'phoned Stuart and told him that he was the man that the Blues were looking-for.Stuart selected Mini based on his respect for Mini as a person and a player.

It was a crucial error which contributed to the NSW loss.It was not the only questionable selection decision that Stuart had made during the 3 game series.Now that the series is over and the dust has settled,it should be obvious that Stuart's selection blunders are NOT going to go away.Prior to Game 1 this year,Stuart stated that only 2 individuals were guaranteed selection;Gidley and Gallen.

They are two of the least competitive possible choices in terms of talent vis a vis the QLDers that could have been chosen.Both have bags of Grit,Courage,Determination and Resolve,what they lack at Origin level is the ability to match the QLDers for sheer talent.They are a couple of talent notches below,even with all their other positive attributes.All of those other positive qualities are insufficient to bridge the talent gap.

That has to be understood.They are the most sincerely attempting losers that anyone could find.They are giving MORE than their best when they play.The problem is that their best simply isn't good enough.The same applies to all the other individuals I named.Bags of 'attitude' and just not quite enough talent.

This is the 'core' that Stuart wants to build a team around.All I can say is,if the talent isn't quite enough it is like a belt which is just a bit too short for one end to join the other as it passes around your waist:Your pants are coming down.

Bring on 2012. :D

:lol: Oh lord...

You crawled in out of the woodwork after qld scraped through in game 1 and went missing after game 2. You'll disappear entirely next year, the genuine Qd fans can see you for what you are, king of the deluded dribble.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You crawled in out of the woodwork after qld scraped through in game 1 and went missing after game 2.

Uhmmm......didn't you go missing after game 1 this year?

Oh that's right

you had "work" commitments........:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam Thaiday is the only QLDer who'd make the Blues back row.

I disagree........Thaiday along with the likes of Myles, Taylor, Harrison and Parker are all far too good for the annual NSW selection "wheel spin"

Dragon2010

First Grade
Get out of me thread you damn merkins :crazy:

In all seriousness. Both teams are improving and we do have quality players in certain positions. I think you guys will do well with Smith as Captain next year and it will be a great series nonetheless.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Get out of me thread you damn merkins :crazy:

In all seriousness. Both teams are improving and we do have quality players in certain positions. I think you guys will do well with Smith as Captain next year and it will be a great series nonetheless.

I said it to a mate the other day and he wanted to punch me in the face

but

without Lockyer in 2012.......the QLD SOO team could be even stronger.

Cooper Cronk's playing will go to new heights.

The rots not over yet boys......;-)

Dragon2010

First Grade

but

Yeah. I was talking to my mate about this the other day saying QLD will be strong with Locky gone because they grab a freak player like Cronk who is a very good halfback and can get 40/20's like nothing off a kick.

Hopefully it does end though :lol: I don't know how much more the state of NSW can take (Well some fans). I'm still passionate even after our previous six years because I just hold hope and don't give up. Much like QLD don't give up....

RHCP

Bench
There's a lot of talk about the intangibles Locky brings to a football side but honestly Cronk/Thurston is a much scarier combination than Thurston/Lockyer for mine.

Dragons2010 said:
Hopefully it does end though :lol: I don't know how much more the state of NSW can take (Well some fans). I'm still passionate even after our previous six years because I just hold hope and don't give up. Much like QLD don't give up....

I'm still holding hope, the more we lose the more I want to win. As a kid I took SoO for granted, now I can barely remember 05. I'm sure when we get back on top the bandwagon will roll back up and we'll no longer be the minority.

the dude said:
Nathan

Merritt

The closest he'll ever come to New South Wales is NSW Cup.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Uhmmm......didn't you go missing after game 1 this year?

Oh that's right

you had "work" commitments........:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I disagree........Thaiday along with the likes of Myles, Taylor, Harrison and Parker are all far too good for the annual NSW selection "wheel spin"

LOL are you for real?? It's called a job, your carer has a big one on their hands trying to look after you, f*cking numpty.

Every post you somehow manage to embarrass yourself more, it's quite an amazing achievement.

Mr Fourex

Bench
LOL are you for real?? It's called a job, your carer has a big one on their hands trying to look after you, f*cking numpty.

Every post you somehow manage to embarrass yourself more, it's quite an amazing achievement.

Quiet you.......we're talking about SOO

NOT

your lame arse excuses for the massive tanty you threw after game 1

There's a lot of talk about the intangibles Locky brings to a football side but honestly Cronk/Thurston is a much scarier combination than Thurston/Lockyer for mine.

As much as I respect Locky I agree with you and

DCE

is now waiting in the wings

Now THAT's scary .......

Last edited:

PaddyBoy

Juniors

but

Assuming he doesn't suffer the second year choke, what about Cherry-Evans?

Blood him young and get him the big game experience.

Cronk could become Queensland SOO's Stuart MacGill, great player, stuck behind a greater player.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
NSW will be much stronger next year, the year after next and so on too. Our only real weakness is in the halves and once we get that right, the QLD dynasty will end. We have a very exciting and potent backline with the likes of Hayne, Uate, Dugan, Lawrence and Jennings. All these players are game breakers, which is what we've lacked besides this year.

Our forward pack have some game winners also, especially in the back row which is probably our biggest strength - Better then Queensland's IMO. We probably haven't quite nailed the prop position yet bar Gallen, but blokes like Snowden, Mannah, Woods, Merrin, Grant etc have a ton of potential.

Things are looking up for us, too

Yosh

Coach
We definitely have heaps of potential. The greatest issue is the halves. If Joey didn't break his neck in 06, there would have been no QLD dominance....

I think the future lies in Mullen's hands. I'm not speaking through my red and blue goggles don't worry. In terms of pure talent, Mullen pwns Soward. With WB on board next year Mullen could potentially become a worldclass half. If he does, the rest of the NSW is on par, if not better than QLD's.

Fullback - Billy is and will be better than anything NSW can produce but Dugan, Hayne or Stewart won't let us down.

Wingers - Uate/Hayne/Gordon/Etc have it all over QLD. Boyd is a class fullback but has nothing on Uate out on the wing.

Centres - Inglis just ain't Inglis no more, thank god. Hodges has carcked it and while we don't have great centres ourselves Jennings or Lawrence are good enough to match it with whatever QLD have to throw at us.

Backrow - We shit on QLD bar Thaiday.

Frontrow - They have Superman Scott but again apart from that nothing special. We have more up and coming youngsters who'll be able to dominate QLD in due time.

Hooker- Cam Smith is amazingly good but Gidley (while extremely different in style) can be just as devastating.

Tweed Titan

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Gordon
6. Soward
7. Pearce
13. Lewis
12. Creagh
11. Scott
10. Mannah
9. Farah
8. Gallen (c)

14. Snowden
15. Hunt
16. Bird
17. Watmough

Farah can play 80, and Creagh, Scott, Bird, and Lewis can all play in the backline, so we don't need a bench utility. I feel certain Gidley will be picked again though.
Pretty good team, IMO. I have a feeling Tariq Sims will be in the team somewhere though, as well as TLL.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Exactly mate

We take the attitude that we are able to beat them and they bleat on about how we're deluding ourselves.

We say we are shit and can never beat the Qlders and they say we have no passion or faith blah blah blah

f**k them and their arrogance. I for one am a believer and living up here amongst the bullshit only makes my resolve stronger. All of the crap monkeys like the above Qld posters spew around here will only make our victory the sweeter.

This.

Tweed Titan

Bench
The one area we need to improve big time is the front row, we have been monstered there in the last few years. Ennis getting dropped will be addition by subtraction and hopefully Farah can give our bigs a better platform to run off.

Oh yeah and our pigs have a f*cking go and we don't pick that marshmellow King ever again, who has been banned for life hopefully along with Ennis, Mini and Morris.

Pazza

First Grade
I think the inclusion of TLL, T Rex and T Sims will give us a lot of punch up front!

Pazza

First Grade
8.TLL
9.Farrah
10.Gallen
11.Scott
12.Williams
13.Bird

14.Lewis
15.Mannah
16.Sims
17.Watmough