The reason why gambling is truly evil

Discussion in 'Go ahead!...ask us anything!' started by Lambretta, Oct 5, 2018.

1. thorson1987

thorson1987 Coach

Love the Newtowner. Had it at The Horse on my way to the RLWC games at Allianz last year. So good.

Also tried one of these there another time on my way to the cricket as they had it on tap, and for someone who isn't a fan of dark beers I enjoyed this.

[​IMG]

If I am drinking beer at my local RSL though I'll go the 150 lashes. Probably the best they have to offer on tap.

Lambretta likes this.
  2. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

lol, hope they told you to f**k off

Country bartender here, at our pub we have on tap Carlton Draught, Dry, Tooheys Old, XXXX Gold, VB and Great Northern (which sells 2x as much as anything else). A few other common beers in stubbies or cans, but nothing similar to the 'real beer' you guys talk about. Every regular has their one beer they won't drift from and travellers rarely ask for something we don't have, which includes common bears like Pure Blonde or Corona. One guy on Monday night came in and asked about Great Northern then said 'it's always good to try something new'.

Easts Leagues could I guess have drinks that 0.0001% of the population drinks sometimes or they could sell beer that 10% of the population drink every day. I think anyone who even touches the cesspool drink is nuts.

3. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

So every other pub in Sydney has what you want so rather than go to any other pub you chose to be a pretentious wanker in the only place that doesn't have what you want?

Sounds weird business this beer snobbery.

4. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

No. No thanks. I'd rather be sober.

Lambretta likes this.
  5. Zadar

Zadar Juniors

Used to be a really enjoyable club when we would come up, from about 97-03 seemed to be the best, they had the “shotz” bar upstairs, with pool tables , nightclub, bands. Downstairs had Arties bar, which is now replaced by pokies, you would be able to walk through the upstairs corridor with memorabilia,trophies,photos-now gone.

Politis is looking to redevelop the whole club to keep money coming in for the future, hope they make some part of it feel like a truly roosters club.

In Canberra there are about 4 raiders clubs, but none of them from what I have seen house any raiders memorabilia, so maybe most leagues clubs are pretty much the same.

6. veggiepatch1959

veggiepatch1959 First Grade

Remember when pubs and clubs had pool and snooker tables, dart boards, table tennis, live music and a maximum of five beers on tap?

What we have now are pokie dens with a selection of toxic overpriced arty farty craft beers that cater for the limp wristed man bun brigade.

7. Fire

Fire First Grade

I once ordered a pizza from the Saints Leagues bistro and it was a microwave pizza.

Top that.

Lambretta likes this.
  8. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

There isn't a single pub that sells craft beers that doesn't sell Aussie lagers too. If you want VB its everywhere. But a little more choice isn't too much to ask for

I miss pool tables.

9. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

If it wasn't the GF we would have. But we wanted to be among our bretheren in Red, White and Blue

10. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

They looked at me gormlessly

Glad you agree that anyone who drinks Great Northern is nuts. Though cesspool is a bit harsh. Alcoholic lolly water is closer to the mark. :p

I have been to quite a few Country pubs and I always find something worth drinking

Armidale, Tamworth, Wagga, Wangaratta, Bowral, Port Macquarie, Mudgee. I have had decent beers in all those places. Sure I might have tried a couple of venues but I have never had an issue.

Decent beers are everywhere now. If you seriously think its 0.0001% of the population who drink them, you need to get out more. Get out from behind your bar and experience the World my friend

sensesmaybenumbed likes this.
  11. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

Thats pretty f**king rank
    Did they leave the plastic on when they microwaved it?

sensesmaybenumbed and Fire like this.
  12. Fire

Fire First Grade

Thankfully no.

p.s. recommend me a beer mate - I'm open to trying new brews...

13. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

Fair enough, we all make sacrifices on GF day if our mob is there. I drank mid-strength Toohey's and CC and dry at the 2016 GF - I'd have killed for a tinny of VB or anything full strength!

Lambretta likes this.
  14. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Nah. The pokie palaces simply don't attract people who appreciate quality beer.

15. thorson1987

thorson1987 Coach

Dealt with that shit last year.

Enjoyed being on the full strength CC and Dry at my local RSL for this years.

Remember the 06 Grand Final drinking full strength New from gates open until half time of the main game at $6 a pop. Those were the days.

AJB1102 likes this.
  16. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

I had a hangover without getting drunk and paid a fortune, thats the devils work. Where do they even get mid-strength spirit mixers?

17. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

Get f**ked Reschs is a quality tap beer.

Fire likes this.
  18. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

Reschs refReschs

19. horrie hastings

horrie hastings Juniors

Wrong subject

Fire likes this.
  20. horrie hastings

horrie hastings Juniors

The same thing happened to me at Panthers Port Macquarie and it was still half frozen when it was served, I took it back, got my money back and walked out of the place and have never been back.

Fire likes this.