What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rep Register

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is the 2005 Rep Register printed in the Round 10 Big League. It's the closest we'll get to a vaguely accurate one seeing as the ARL is unlikely to release what they have in their files.

It's in the format of an excel file, so you'll need Microsoft Excel or similar to read it.

2005_rep_register.xls
34Kb

Right Click and select Save as...

Due credit must also go to the publishers of Big League - despite their errors in it, and also for the wonderful Dilmah for assisting in putting it into a more concise and readable format.

Enjoy, and don't forget to settle those arguments using it :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
dodge said:
I'll do it post by post for each team so if you could all wait before commenting until all 16 teams are done and dusted. Cheers.

So dodge,

You decided to pull out the crystal ball on this??? or can't you count? 16 teams?

Timmah

Staff member
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
So dodge,

You decided to pull out the crystal ball on this??? or can't you count? 16 teams?

:lol:

God I'm bad at counting #-o

Balmain_Boy

Thanks for the big effort mate. Haven't seen Big League, but I doubt they would have had Benji Marshall playing for NZ so you might want to fix that. Or not. Unfortunately I think big league have had made a few mistakes. It's a good general guide though, so thanks heaps for putting it up!

Kaz

junior
dodge said:
BRISBANE BRONCOS
all QLD unless stated

Don't know what the outcome of this is.

http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?TopMenuID=266&MenuID=296&NewsID=1290

Tom is a Maroon
by Wayne Heming
Wednesday February 09, 2005
Source: AAP

Queensland rugby league officials have moved to clear the decks for teenaged Broncos giant Tom Learoyd-Lahrs to play State of Origin for the Maroons.

A former schoolboy athletics champion whose training times put him alongside some of the Broncos backs, his physique has already been compared to Bulldog destroyer, Sonny Bill Williams.

NSW could lay claim to the 192cm, 111kg back-rower -- a former Australian schoolboy star -- who trimmed seven kilos during the off-season in a bid to hit the ground running in 2005. He was born in Tweed Heads but moved to Queensland with his family when he was four and then to NSW (Tamworth) to attend boarding school when he was 12.

QRL managing director Ross Livermore says the Australian Rugby League board has already been put on notice that Learoyd-Lahrs wants to play for Queensland.

"I've raised it with them (ARL) and there's been no great objection to it," said Livermore.

"They (NSW) could claim him, but what's the good of them arguing when they've got four billion players to choose from, and the kids wants to play for Queensland anyway. He considers himself a Queenslander."

Learoyd-Lahrs, who has spoken to his club coach Wayne Bennett about Origin, said he'd be very keen to play for Queensland if the opportunity ever came along.

"If I ever got that call, I'd jump over the moon," he said.

"It's probably a long way down the track - if ever -because I have not even cemented a place in the Broncos squad yet. But people have said I should declare my hand and let them know which way I'm headed, so that's what I have done."

Learoyd-Lahrs, 19, played his junior football at Werris Creek in NSW and represented NSW under 19s when he was just 17. His mother, Theresa, trained racehorses on the Gold Coast while his father, Michael Lahrs, still lives in Ingham in north Queensland.

"I was born over the border but I played a lot of football up here and down south and my first senior game was with the Toowoomba Clydesdales," said Learoyd-Lahrs.

Origin eligibility has been challenged many times. It still mystifies many Queenslanders how NSW procured brilliant Bundaberg-born winger Ken Nagas who played one game south of the border.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Big League have made a lot of mistakes lately and thats disappointing.

Matt Petersen COU

This is an interesting, cause his junior footy is in Western Australia, he's hardly a country boy cause he got plucked from Newcastle played there for one year or two then went to North Qld.

Timmah

Staff member
:S

Big League ran all their research this week by ringing the clubs and asking (in regards to WTI, don't know why they left Marshall out), not really sure what the go is but as of this week they're considering L-L as NSW Cou.

Ah well. We'll find out in a year or two I suppose...

Balmain_Boy

Fair enough dodge. Just as an eg: I am sure Chris Heignington is from the Central Coast. So that's a little weird. Maybe he played a senior game in Sydney?

Regardless thanks a bunch for this, it's cleared up a couple I had question marks over and i'm sure it'll be useful in the future.

girvie

Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Thanks for the big effort mate. Haven't seen Big League, but I doubt they would have had Benji Marshall playing for NZ so you might want to fix that. Or not. Unfortunately I think big league have had made a few mistakes. It's a good general guide though, so thanks heaps for putting it up!

Marshall is listed with the Warriors squad, other Big League errors include Kylie Leuluai and Steve Matai are listed with the Knights and Andrew Lomu listed with City when he has represented New Zealand.

girvie

Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Fair enough dodge. Just as an eg: I am sure Chris Heignington is from the Central Coast. So that's a little weird. Maybe he played a senior game in Sydney?

Regardless thanks a bunch for this, it's cleared up a couple I had question marks over and i'm sure it'll be useful in the future.

Heighington used to play with the North Sydney Bears so its probably a similar situation to Matt Orford and Mark O'Meley by being brought down young.

Timmah

Staff member
Meh, I buggered up lol. Now I can't be bothered to edit it. If any mods read this, please make it a sticky, it's a valuable resource!

Bazal

Post Whore
Albinomonkey said:
And the only team without any Queensland-eligible players?

You say that like it's a good thi...oh wait, it is

And you support QLD you disgrace :D