The RLIF mid season test shambles

Discussion in 'International' started by roughyedspud, Mar 23, 2018.

1. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

For years we've begged for a dedicated,global,mid season test weekend..

Nations have begged for more games..

Last May, the RLIF in coordination with the NRL & SL,who created a blank weekend in their competition fixtures,announced the creation of the RLIF mid season test weekend for June 22,23,24th..

As it stands only
    Tonga v Samoa,png v lebanon & England v nz is confirmed...though certain parties are trying their hardest to get England v nz cancelled!..and I'm with mascord,for once,if it gets cancelled I'm done..

Fiji are fighting over money,cooks are whinging..all the European teams are scratching their arses!..I've just swapped wall posts with RLi who seemed oblivious to the mid season test weekend and are waiting for the RLIF to confirm their END OF SEASON GAMES!

what the f**k is wrong with this sport?

StadiumXIII, hutch, RedVee and 3 others like this.
  2. jim_57

jim_57 Bench

I'm pretty close to taking a step back as well to be honest mate, I have mentally already a little bit. The self interest is killing it for me, we have seen the most competitive World Cup, which is what we've all been hoping for for years, thinking it would change things. Unfortunatley the only people with any real power seem as insular and threatened by change as ever.

3. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

If the NRL gives the clubs their blessing to not release players for Denver, I'm going to seriously consider ending all financial support of the NRL and its clubs.
    No more going to games, no more season tickets, no more merch, no more foxtel.

That money can be used to support people and organisations within Rugby League that aren't actively opposed to the sport as a whole, as the NRL appears to be.

4. Robert B

Robert B Juniors

Time for someone to start a change.org petition...

5. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

A list of people who have actively stopped purchasing NRL would do more than a list of people whinging who won't actually put their money where their mouth is.

6. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

I’ve put it on the TRL forum about boycotting the NRL app and club merchandise if the block is successful.

7. Robert B

Robert B Juniors

Won't hurt doing both?

8. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

So the plot thickens..

I've swapped messages from a Official at RLi who said Ireland don't have a game cos the RLIF haven't arranged one for them...

So I got on the old email machine and emailed Dave Collier who replied..

So games outside of Official competition...like mid season tests,tour games etc...are for national bodies to arrange between themselves.....which I knew was always the case...so why don't NGBs?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    hutch likes this.
  9. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

But they still have to have any match they arrange ratified by the RLIF.

10. Pommy

Pommy Coach

How hard is that though? Are the games the likes of Malta play in Sydney ratified?

11. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

Ireland rings Wales..( or whoever)

Ireland - "Do you want to arrange a game for June 23?"

Wales - " yeah OK"

Both ring the RLEF and the RLEF says OK..

Thats it!

12. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

True.

13. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

I thought the RLIF or the RLEF then had to ring you ‘spud?

14. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

Well obviously..

15. KokoRugbyLeague

KokoRugbyLeague Juniors

NRL is just too important sorry guys but the super league and denver test is meaningless. I want to watch quality and damn the NRL is quality. Sorry the billion dollar game is dishing some classics for the first three rounds.

16. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

Melbourne v north qld the other night was shocking quality..neither side could keep hold of the ball...and these are the two best team in the comp..

17. KokoRugbyLeague

KokoRugbyLeague Juniors

Well they aren't the two form teams in the comp. Your super league teams should watch how play rugby league against high class personnel like the west tigers not the white towel effort that leeds showed in the wcc and they are your best team. Did you watch the qld derby, the newcastle-manly r1 classic or wests effort upon effort performances lately. Geez the NRL is where its at. Just accept it the NRL are the game with all the bitching at the moment. Heres a solution to the denver test just put super league and reserves. The NRL at the moment red hot.

18. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Dont come in here bitching that no one respects the Pacific teams if you aren't interesting in International RL @KokoRugbyLeague

19. StadiumXIII

StadiumXIII Juniors

@roughyedspud what will we all do? switch to Union? at least they can get their balance right between club and international.

20. StadiumXIII

StadiumXIII Juniors

This is for rugby league to grow, so much for losing fans who actually want the sport to spread far and wide instead of remain in it's current state. This isn't about poms, the Denver test is exposure for rugby league. If we had your mentality we may as well be supporting AFL.

ParraEelsNRL likes this.