What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road Ahead for the Dragons In The Next Few Weeks

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Ok it is one of the worst performances by the team in years. Everybody has a sh*t day now and then. I'd say over the last 3 weeks the team has been on a slide, last night was where they hit rock bottom getting smashed by a Bozo team like the Rabbitohs. The Dragons have one thing in their favour they have not had in the last few years WAYNE BENNETT. He will build them back up, he will take them back to basics this week for the game against the Eels.

Don't expect to see anything flash from the Dragons against the Eels, but what you will see is a well drilled determined team grind out a hard fought win that they will carry into the finals and apply the same pressure to other teams to get a victory.

How do i know all this you ask?

Just look at what the Dragons have done most of the year how they have played, the guts they have shown in hard nutted out wins. That is why i know they will bounce back to what they do best (win rugby league games that matter) and get over this form slump. I'm happy its happened now and not in the finals.

The Dragons are still a hope of taking out the Minor Premiership if other results go the Dragons way, but hey a Grand Final win was always going to be better than taking out the Minor Premiership, but if the Dragons mange to still take both it's a bonus. In recent seasons there have been teams smashed on the score board then that team a month or so later won the Grand Final. Even teams that were Minor Premiers.

So fellow Dragons supporters tell the hecklers to go to hell, do not throw in the towel and take the pesamistic view that it's all over for the Dragons in 2009 support and cheer the team on to victory all the way to the big game and the champions title they so deserve.

GO THE ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS:thumb

big pat

Coach
Ok it is one of the worst performances by the team in years. Everybody has a sh*t day now and then. I'd say over the last 3 weeks the team has been on a slide, last night was where they hit rock bottom getting smashed by a Bozo team like the Rabbitohs. The Dragons have one thing in their favour they have not had in the last few years WAYNE BENNETT. He will build them back up, he will take them back to basics this week for the game against the Eels.

Don't expect to see anything flash from the Dragons against the Eels, but what you will see is a well drilled determined team grind out a hard fought win that they will carry into the finals and apply the same pressure to other teams to get a victory.

Just look at what the Dragons have done most of the year how they have played, the guts they have shown in hard nutted out wins. That is why i know they will bounce back to what they do best (win rugby league games that matter) and get over this form slump. I'm happy its happened now and not in the finals.

The Dragons are still a hope of taking out the Minor Premiership if other results go the Dragons way, but hey a Grand Final win was always going to be better than taking out the Minor Premiership, but if the Dragons mange to still take both it's a bonus. In recent seasons there have been teams smashed on the score board then that team a month or so later won the Grand Final. Even teams that were Minor Premiers.

So fellow Dragons supporters tell the hecklers to go to hell, do not throw in the towel and take the pesamistic view that it's all over for the Dragons in 2009 support and cheer the team on to victory all the way to the big game and the champions title they so deserve.

good to see a positive outlook.:thumn

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lets get out there on Friday night and cheer the boys hard. It would be sad to see more blue and gold than red and white on the night so lets try and get there in numbers. Parra travel in huge numbers when they are winning so they will surely turn out lets make sure we do as well.

I keep away from games because I am usually a jinx but I have my ticket and am raring to go to cheer the boys on. I wasn't there last week so they can't play any worse imo. Last Parra v Dragons game I went to the Dell scored a couple of tries (or was it a hatrick) so I hope I get the same result.

The Parra and Eels games usually throw in a suprise or 2. From memory the last Parra Dragons game at Kogarah ended in a draw and Mundine kicked a field goal in the end. Is that right?

big pat

Coach
Cool glad you agree

i'm to scared not too, but seriously its bad enough all the negitive press we have been getting lately, for our supporters to be negitive also, look i was just as dirty about sat night as everyone else was, but i have calmed down now, and i'm looking forward to friday night with new hope, it only takes the bounce of the ball, a good play, or a bit of brilliance, and things can turn around and give that confidence back, we just need some of the experiance guys to stand up, we have test and soo players in our team, and they need to show the young guys the way, some people need to rubbish guys like prior, but he is still a raw kid, you can't rely on him to win games, finals games are intense and a lot of pressure comes from making fundermental errors, the storm for example have players who can soak up pressure and turn a game on its head with a little bit of brilliance, so don't sit on the fence, get to kogarah on friday night, cheer the boys loud and proud,thanks for your time we now recommence normal proceedings.

Patto

Juniors
Lets get out there on Friday night and cheer the boys hard. It would be sad to see more blue and gold than red and white on the night so lets try and get there in numbers. Parra travel in huge numbers when they are winning so they will surely turn out lets make sure we do as well.

I keep away from games because I am usually a jinx but I have my ticket and am raring to go to cheer the boys on. I wasn't there last week so they can't play any worse imo. Last Parra v Dragons game I went to the Dell scored a couple of tries (or was it a hatrick) so I hope I get the same result.

The Parra and Eels games usually throw in a suprise or 2. From memory the last Parra Dragons game at Kogarah ended in a draw and Mundine kicked a field goal in the end. Is that right?

Nope. The last parra v dragons game at Kogarah was one of the strangest games of rugby leasgue I've seen. 8-1 dragons! What a game in attrocious conditions!

Dragon_psa

First Grade

Love your work mate, great post! :clap:

silverex

Bench
Nope. The last parra v dragons game at Kogarah was one of the strangest games of rugby leasgue I've seen. 8-1 dragons! What a game in attrocious conditions!

I think at one stage it looked like we were going to win it 2-1?

Should have been at that game, had season tickets. But it was so cold and wet we stayed at home.

Patto

Juniors
I think at one stage it looked like we were going to win it 2-1?

Should have been at that game, had season tickets. But it was so cold and wet we stayed at home.

Disapointed we scored after the siren. How good would a 2-1 scoreline with the only points being field goals have been?

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
its bad enough all the negitive press we have been getting lately, for our supporters to be negitive also, look i was just as dirty about sat night as everyone else was, but i have calmed down now, and i'm looking forward to friday night with new hope, it only takes the bounce of the ball, a good play, or a bit of brilliance, and things can turn around and give that confidence back, we just need some of the experiance guys to stand up, we have test and soo players in our team, and they need to show the young guys the way, some people need to rubbish guys like prior, but he is still a raw kid, you can't rely on him to win games, finals games are intense and a lot of pressure comes from making fundermental errors, the storm for example have players who can soak up pressure and turn a game on its head with a little bit of brilliance, so don't sit on the fence, get to kogarah on friday night, cheer the boys loud and proud,thanks for your time we now recommence normal proceedings.

Well said mate

In the true spirit of it ain't over till it's over