What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roman Rumble 2016

Big Pete

Referee
All Against One WWE Championship Royal Rumble
Roman Reigns (#1), Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt, Sheamus, Rusev, Alberto Del Rio, King Barrett, The Big Show, Stardust, Titus O'Neil, Dolph Ziggler and many more

Intercontinental Last Man Standing Championship Match
Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (c)

US Championship Match
Kalisto vs Alberto Del Rio (c)

WWE Diva's Championship Match
Becky Lynch vs Charlotte (c)

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos vs The New Day (c)

All on PPV/WWE Network this Monday.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought I'd get by watching this on delay, but it appears the Rumble has brought a bunch of "fans" out of the wood-work so I'm going to have to get the WWE Network back on.

I suspect the undercard will be fairly ho-hum. Just far too many rematches which haven't really evolved all that much and seem to be nothing more than show-fillers. In saying that, I am actively looking forward to Becky/Charlotte which has been one of the better booked feuds of the past year.

The Rumble itself is really interesting and I can see it going a number of different ways. Personally, I'm down with a Bray Wyatt championship win (out of no where).

Wato

Juniors
Think I might get the network back for the rumble too plus renewing this late in the month might mean I get both the rumble and fastlane in the same months subscription. I am looking forward ti the ambrose Owens match, ambrose always has entertaining matches under those sorts of rules and ownes had a fairly good ladder match with balor last year so the last man standing match should bring the best out of both of them. I dunno how they book the finish thou seems silly if ownes loses than goes onto face someone like lesnar or taker at mania as has been rumoured.

The RR used to be the PPV that always delivered. It has been a massive let down for the last few years. I'm not expecting much. A super-Reigns win, probably.

lafai

Bench
Hopefully Ambrose Owens delivers as it has potential to be a Match Of The Year candidate similar to Rollins vs Cena vs Lesnar last year at the same PPV. Expect a Reigns/HHH/Lesnar win. Meh.

Big Pete

Referee
Remember when Vince McMahon won the rumble, back when wrestling was awesome?

Yes.

And the Rumble was god awful.

In fact outside of the I Quit match (which was a carbon copy of a match Foley worked in ECW), the RR 99 sucked.

But that was fine because the WWF always delivered on TV.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope the rumble isn't used to cause division in the Wyatt family.

Parra Pride

Coach
I can't wait until the super over Uso's beat the boring New Day for the titles. :crazy:

I hope the rumble isn't used to cause division in the Wyatt family.

Only time I can think of that heels haven't just turned on each other was Punk and the Nexus.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Despite knowing it is going to have an infuriatingly predictable result, I've ordered the Royal Rumble.

I anticipate an angry tirade being posted within moments of its conclusion, if not during.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Roman Rumble :lol: Best title.

I will be massively disappointed if Reigns wins. Not because I don't like him, but there comes a point where the odds should just be too much for one person before they break.

And while other people have gone from start to finish in the rumble before they didn't come into the rumble as the champion.

The odds are just too much. If he's last eliminated then fine, but there's no way he should walk out as champion.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I'd like to see him eliminated by lesnar around 27, but not before being screwed by the authority ... Have lesnar go through 28/29... Then get attacked, HHH at 30, HHH wins... Then after that have Reigns snap and become Lesnarish, in that he just delivers beltings.

I don't see Reigns retaining, as I think they will have him chase back "his title" into Wrestlemania. He will go deep though I reckon, probably last eliminated. To me that leaves either Sheamus, Lesnar, or a surprise Authority entrant like HHH leaving with the belt.

Wato

Juniors
Roman Rumble :lol: Best title.

I will be massively disappointed if Reigns wins. Not because I don't like him, but there comes a point where the odds should just be too much for one person before they break.

And while other people have gone from start to finish in the rumble before they didn't come into the rumble as the champion.

The odds are just too much. If he's last eliminated then fine, but there's no way he should walk out as champion.

I 100% agree it's too much for one person to overcome in the ridiculous world of wrestling. They could make a star out of wyatt but finally giving him that big win also there is some continuity their for them to continue on with from the roman wyatt feud last year. They would never do it but putting bray over in the rumble than again at mania over Brock would build them a new too heel who has a ready made faction. They have Rollins coming back who will be a huge face and roman is getting over but they don't really have any top heels outside of Owens who reportedly vince is not to high on.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd love to see Reigns come out at #1 and Bray to be #2. Have the entire Wyatt clan accompany him to the ring, save him from being eliminated, and then come in one by one from ringside (as official competitors).

Let the numbers game take him out, maybe with an assist from Vince or Trips.

Means the Rumble is f**king exciting as we know we get a new champion, and the Wyatts being sent out and one of Vince's lackeys helping would mean Roman had an excuse for the loss and for the inevitable Stone Cold style charge to the title.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't see Reigns retaining, as I think they will have him chase back "his title" into Wrestlemania. He will go deep though I reckon, probably last eliminated. To me that leaves either Sheamus, Lesnar, or a surprise Authority entrant like HHH leaving with the belt.

I think the most likely option is HHH either winning the title, or Lesnar. I don't think they go back to that well again with Sheamus so soon.

Either option feels a little meh in a way (HHH because it just feels weird and Lesnar because we played this game last year with Reigns/Lesnar). I really wouldn't mind Reigns/Lesnar elliminating each other and having them both chase the title in the lead up to WM.

As to who wins the Rumble in that situation? Would love Wyatt/Ambrose/Owens, as I think they're styles/characters could really feed into being chased by both Reigns/Lesnar.

Won't happen though, HHH will be involved for sure.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'd love to see Reigns come out at #1 and Bray to be #2. Have the entire Wyatt clan accompany him to the ring, save him from being eliminated, and then come in one by one from ringside (as official competitors).

Let the numbers game take him out, maybe with an assist from Vince or Trips.

Means the Rumble is f**king exciting as we know we get a new champion, and the Wyatts being sent out and one of Vince's lackeys helping would mean Roman had an excuse for the loss and for the inevitable Stone Cold style charge to the title.

This. As it stands it has that feeling of "how will it end" with hopefully some entertainment between.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ambrose winning after screwing over Reigns and being all 'my bad bro' would be awesome, especially if Reigns turned heel and speared the shit out of him on Raw.