What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters - The new silvertails?

Are the Roosters the new silvertails - to be hated by all except themselves

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
For those old enough to remember the day when there were 2 teams you followed - Your team you follow and the team playing Manly, do you think the Roosters have taken the mantle of most hated team?

melon....

Coach
Mr Angry said:
For those old enough to remember the day when there were 2 teams you followed - Your team you follow and the team playing Manly, do you think the Roosters have taken the mantle of most hated team?
WHo really cares!!! Hopefully YES!!! I love it that we get under your type's skin!!! Hate us Hate Us!!! We love to be hated!!!

Epod....

***MH***

Bench
i thought us referees were supposed to be hated by all....
or are roosters just that baad....

Kaz

junior
Damn

I still want my team the Broncos to have the Silvertail image. :lol:

As we love you to HATE us. :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kaz said:
Damn

Mate you guys have never had the 'silvertail' image. Silvertails BUY players because they cannot produce them - not something the Broncos could be accused of, they produce quailty players.
But I hate yet respect the broncs. ;-)

Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Mate you guys have never had the 'silvertail' image. Silvertails BUY players because they cannot produce them - not something the Broncos could be accused of, they produce quailty players.

You say you respect Brisbane because they produce a lot of players. How many of them are from Brisbane? If they come from Ipswich or the Gold Coast or Toowoomba etc then they aren't juniors are they. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Brisbane's so called juniors are from areas other than Brisbane. Can one of our Brisbane supporters list the players and where they are from?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

You say you respect Brisbane because they produce a lot of players. How many of them are from Brisbane? If they come from Ipswich or the Gold Coast or Toowoomba etc then they aren't juniors are they. I'm pretty sure that the majority of Brisbane's so called juniors are from areas other than Brisbane. Can one of our Brisbane supporters list the players and where they are from?

You are a goose, there is NO other team in the brisbane basin, and North Queensland is too far north from the Gold Coast, so these juniors are contolled by the broncos.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A junior to me is someone who started first grade with the club, as previously stated by myself (not this thread) one of the best things about the Roosters 2002 premiership was Ricko and Fletch were locals. If you guys spot some guy in whoop whoop and bring him through your ranks he is your junior IMO, how many do you have?
An example to me is Ben Harris - although from country NSW he was signed by the dogs and brought through there ranks, to me he is a doggie junior.

Manly used to let other clubs do this, the did not develop they simply bought established stars, something the Roosters in recent years have started to do IMO.

How many of your player have never played for another NRL club?

I think you understand the 'silvertails' tag, do you think your club is starting to behave in this manner?

Front-Rower said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

You are a goose, there is NO other team in the brisbane basin, and North Queensland is too far north from the Gold Coast, so these juniors are contolled by the broncos.

So Brisbane can call any player from QLD a local junior. lol. Listen chump, go back to serenading your sister. :lol:

Grantwhy

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Well the Broncos did get Gordon Talis away from the Dragons ;-)

No, wait, wasn't he the player Phil Gould called 'just a bench player' and didn't want/wouldn't allow him to sign an increased contract with the ARL?

Roosterphin

Juniors
It seems tome that with all these junior arguerments there is one rule for teh Roosters and one for everyone else. I have heard numerous posts from others stating that if a player is bought from the country etc and bought through the ranks by a club then he is their junior but when this arguement is put forward by Rooster supporters it is shot down.

On the Brisbane subject they dont even deserve to call players from Brisbane their juniors. They do f**k all with junior League and Qld Cup up here.

blaine train

Juniors
On the Brisbane subject they dont even deserve to call players from Brisbane their juniors. They do f**k all with junior League and Qld Cup up here.

you idiot :evil: . 90% of their players they develop. you wouldnt understand how it works cause your a goosters supporter. broncos would put more money into juniors then any other club :!:

Roosterphin

Juniors
blaine train said:

you idiot :evil: . 90% of their players they develop. you wouldnt understand how it works cause your a goosters supporter. broncos would put more money into juniors then any other club :!:

Mate do you live in Qld. Because I do and I am involved in Junior League. Ask anyone who is and they will tell you that the Broncos will pick the fruits but put little or no support into the junior Leagues.

So before you call me an idiot I hope you know your facts mate

Choppies

Coach
Mr Angry said:
A junior to me is someone who started first grade with the club, as previously stated by myself (not this thread) one of the best things about the Roosters 2002 premiership was Ricko and Fletch were locals. If you guys spot some guy in whoop whoop and bring him through your ranks he is your junior IMO, how many do you have?
An example to me is Ben Harris - although from country NSW he was signed by the dogs and brought through there ranks, to me he is a doggie junior.

Manly used to let other clubs do this, the did not develop they simply bought established stars, something the Roosters in recent years have started to do IMO.

How many of your player have never played for another NRL club?

I think you understand the 'silvertails' tag, do you think your club is starting to behave in this manner?

Ok lets apply your definition of a junior, to the roosters.
these players I can think of who made their 1st grade debut with the Roosters and players who were brought up through the junior ranks.

Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon
Bryan Fletcher
Simon Bonetti

now lets use angrys logic about players who are considered a clubs juniors when they make their debut, and the roosters buy prime players do they? you just shot yourself in the foot
you could work at the telegraph with your skills
or you could help Rebeca Wilson with her garbage

Roosters fans let me know if I missed any notables I only did this list in a few seconds

melon....

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Kaz said:
Damn

Explain Crocker, Shillington, Flannery, Cross, Byrne, Ricketson, Cusack.....GO ON EXPLAIN WHERE WE BAUGHT THESE PLAYERS FROM AND WHO THEY PLAYED FOR IN FIRST GRADE BEFORE WE BOUGHT THEM!!! GO ON!!! DONT JUST SIT THERE LOOKING LIKE AN IMBECILE!!

CMON ANGRY!!! EXPLAIN!!!!

YOU CAAAANNTT!!!! NEEEEXXXTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaine train

Juniors
Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon

your definition of a junior is wrong. most of these players were developed by other clubs and bought by the roosters at a young age. how many of these players were actual roosters juniors developed by roosters at a young age?

Roosterphin

Juniors
blaine train said:
Todd Byrne
Ryan Cross
Anthony Minichiello
Mark Minichiello
Shannon Hegarty
Luke Ricketson
Michael Crocker
Peter Cusack
Chris Flannery
Lelea Paea
Stuart Webb
Ian Henderson
Steve Skinnon
Henari Veratau
Andrew Lomu
Tevita Metuisela
Todd Ollivier
Lopini Paea
Fred Peterson
Ben Wellington
Shane Rigon

your definition of a junior is wrong. most of these players were developed by other clubs and bought by the roosters at a young age. how many of these players were actual roosters juniors developed by roosters at a young age?

Most of them blane train