What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rugby League Digest Podcast

Lambretta

First Grade
Has anyone come across this brilliant Podcast yet?

I got told to have a listen because they were doing an in depth look at the Super League War

Each episode is about an hour long

They're available on whatever that Apple thingy is
YouTube
And Spotify (which is where I stream them from)

They have done close to 100 episodes starting back in 2017 from memory

They are absolutely compulsive listening and highly recommend for any fans of Rugby League (especially those who love discussion on Rugby League History, haircuts and histrionics)

Lambretta

First Grade
Christ, a mini series would be amazing.

The two hosts are well spoken, well researched and amusing

I have been going back and listening to the 100 or so episodes from the beginning

One host is a Saints fan, the other Raiders. They both hate my club, the Roosters, which I find really interesting. I like how I am hearing different points of view, but frustrating that I can't put forward my own opinion lol

But whatever team you follow, this Podcast is an absolute must for any fan of Rugby League who wants something a little more interesting than your average fodder aimed at morons

Diesel

Referee
It’s a great podcast and I was only aware of it through this forum on another thread. They’ve have done a shit load of research and it’s very captivating listening.

They’re active on Twitter as well

Lambretta

First Grade
Like it but found the super league “set up” episodes laboriously long.

Yeah, I get that. But for someone like me who wasn't in the Country at the time (I arrived in October 95 after the GF) I found it fascinating.

Gave me a truck load of background info and really explained what happened in the lead up.

Plus a lot of it was just so bloody funny

parra_jesus

Juniors
One of the best podcasts around! Highly recommended to anyone who has not checked it out yet. Download the stitcher app and type in rugby league digest. even if its just something to listen to to and from work. A lot of work has gone into a subject that is never really talked about indepth until now

ram raid

Bench
I wasn't aware of it either. I'm subscribed to most rugby league podcasts, even if I don't listen to the bulk of them. Thanks.

Lambretta

First Grade
I wasn't aware of it either. I'm subscribed to most rugby league podcasts, even if I don't listen to the bulk of them. Thanks.

All the episodes are up on Spotify
I did the last 10 or so and have gone back to the start

Am up to episode 12

The history corner part of the show is definitely the highlight for me

ram raid

Bench
All the episodes are up on Spotify
I did the last 10 or so and have gone back to the start

Am up to episode 12

The history corner part of the show is definitely the highlight for me

I use Player FM, subscribed. 90 episodes, I can't believe I never saw it before. I can't stand silence so podcasts help me sleep.

Travitoh

First Grade
Thanks for the heads up!
Really enjoying the Super League discussion and being enlightened a lot about the subject.

Rocket's tache

Juniors
I've listened to this exceptional podcast for 2/3 years and it has always been excellent.
Caring, knowledgable and with none of the inherent club-based bias that blights most others.

This season's focus on the 'Super League War' has taken it to a whole new level.

Excellent research, a long, detailed preamble to the actual 'war', leaving no stone unturned. Two guys with great voices and a sense of humour. I devour each episode.

TheFrog

Coach
I find them difficult to listen to. A bit all over the place and certainly quite biased. Example: "Thank God Fittler went to the Roosters". The whole Fittler episode was in fact way out of sequence, seeing that it was put in even before Penrith had joined SL. The intro and outro music are also too loud compared to the volume of the dialog. There's no doubt a lot of research happening but it is pointless if it is not even handed in its presentation.

I can't stand silence so podcasts help me sleep.

I'm the same, which is why the opening and closing music (from Rex Mossop's TV call of the era) of this one are a problem, they wake the neighbours. It would be so easy to fix.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Pretty sure they were only talking about him going to the Roosters as opposed to Manly who were the other bidder at the time.

Latest posts