What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Puff

First Grade
I agree & he might be a nice bloke, but he’s a lightweight in NRL club land. Unfortunately, he’s part of the problem & not the solution.
Dragons need a GM of Football with credibility, leadership and a reputation. I personally don’t want to see Flanagan anywhere near our joint. He’s had 2 chances & that’s it.
The Bulldogs have Gus & what a difference he’s made to that struggling club.
I can’t see us landing Richo & he’s already been to 3 NRL clubs plus 1 ESL, so he’s a mover.
I would love to see the club offer Mark Coyne the role as GM of Football. Smart man and would nail dealing with Media, Players, Managers and Coaches.
He was formerly the Team Manager for QLD Origin, an ARL Commissioner and reached the levels of CEO and Board member in the business world.
Apparently, he knocked back the CEO role a few years ago, but maybe worth a shot.
Pair him with Brownie whom should be Recruitment & Pathways Manager.
Haran & Millward should be moved sideways…….
Mark Coyne from memory earns far too much to take a role in rugby league

SEAT 1A

Bench
I frick..n hope so. He is the main one that has failed the club and leading in all facets of football operations and I mean ALL. This includes having control and hand in media, recruitment and the list goes on. If the players respected him then BBQ gate would not of happened. It was not all about Griffo
Lets look no furthur how we have gone downhill in many areas since this job was created for him 3-4 years ago

If Haran was responsible for the players speaking to the media on the day the coach was sacked, he should be the next to go.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Basically Richardson is saying Lancaster didn't like that he was telling it how it is and what it would take to turn things around. Therefore this won't be happening, because Richardson would have presented ideas that were threats to the board. These self serving twats strike again. Someone that would be great for supporting Ryles won't be there so that the board isn't threatened. Typical.. instead let's have a GM of football who doesn't know football and hope it magically works. This situation is akin to Gould's review when the board didn't want a bar of the suggestions made because they threatened them, the board. f**k off you incompetent pricks, sign the bloke up and get out of the way

We are one spot from rock bottom. If no changes are made, we will stay there.

No players will come, crowds will stay the same, diehards only and the sponsors that are supporters will stop.

What I don't get is why they don't want any bar of change. If they set the club up, they can sit back, slap each other's shoulders.

Dragon David

First Grade
We are one spot from rock bottom. If no changes are made, we will stay there.

No players will come, crowds will stay the same, diehards only and the sponsors that are supporters will stop.

What I don't get is why they don't want any bar of change. If they set the club up, they can sit back, slap each other's shoulders.
We could be last after this weekend if the Dogs beat the Titans SEAT 1A.

TheRev

Coach
I will wet myself if we actually get into a situation that we can pick and choose decent players to come into our system.. instead of literal outcasts/dregs that other teams dont want..

Was just saying in another post, we have 2 spots for 2023 yet, and really we want the new coach to have some input there I think.. cause will be part of next years squad.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know this isn't the thread to post this as I could not be bothered looking it up, but I'm sure that most can remember Tyson Frizell slightly touching the ref while turning around after making a tackle and he was suspended for a week. Well what is the difference with the Penrith favourite who might be selected for Origin 1, Jarome Luai, touching the sideline official the other day and copping a fine and not a suspension. I'm sure if Origin isn't being played in a few weeks time he would have been suspended.

Nanadragon

Juniors
I know this isn't the thread to post this as I could not be bothered looking it up, but I'm sure that most can remember Tyson Frizell slightly touching the ref while turning around after making a tackle and he was suspended for a week. Well what is the difference with the Penrith favourite who might be selected for Origin 1, Jarome Luai, touching the sideline official the other day and copping a fine and not a suspension. I'm sure if Origin isn't being played in a few weeks time he would have been suspended.
David I think he copped 2 weeks from memory.

Dragon David

First Grade
We are now officially last lmao
Just in a few days. How things turn. The Titans players need upper cuts. They played bad in the last 10 minutes and Burtons bombs and kicj=ks fooled them all. That Pommy hooker started the rot when he knocked on and gave possession to the Dogs and then Titan's gave away a penalty and it was basically all over red rover when the Dogs scored in the last couple of minutes.

Next week the Tigers and Bulldogs get two points each while we battle away against the Dolphins.

ralph18

Juniors
Sad, but true. In the "what if" category, but if the dragons had won half of the games that were lost by 2 points or less, the they would be in the top 8! Thankfully there are still a lot of games to play.

Not just top 8. Possibly even 1st (if they'd won them all).

The truth however is that, win or lose, the dragons still played like crap in most if not all of those games!

Latest posts