What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
From Foxsports posted at 3pm today.

Dragons superstar Ben Hunt is set to make a call on his club future in the coming days, with the St George halfback mulling a potential transfer request.
wow - the journos are having a field day.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Anyone else hearing what I am?

After a 12 hour board meeting on Saturday the Dragons Football Club has appointed Jack Bird Captain/Coach of the first grade team for the next 3 seasons on a $5 million deal.

Bird was reported to say "Me happy with outcome. Screw the fans. Us boyz will show yous".

Gardenia

Juniors
Who knows who is coming or what will happen or why is it so or where do we go from here? The whole saga of coaches, support staff, Boardroom dickheads is just getting out of control and a feeding frenzy for gullible Dragons fans waiting for some news, any news. It's doing my head in.

We have copped plenty of news yesterday and all negative.

When will the positive news come back? and I do ask for positive - not "we are still going through the processes and will have a decision soon. How long is soon if we are not using a string to measure it by?

The pecking order should have been made ages ago. The first one has scarpered, so who is the second one and why hasn't that been acted on immediately. "Hello, 2nd preference. we would like to inform you that you have been selected to coach the Dragons. Are you ready to sign as soon as possible, if not, see ya. Now let's go to number 3".

Don't fiddle arse about.
Web has said they wont rush into the coach decision

Its been predicted for a long time it will be Young.

RedVee_8

Juniors
But Lancaster said we are wrong. In reality WIN are in because they are fans, and want success. They want to win competitions in both NRL & NRLW.

saint-stefano

Juniors
Web has said they wont rush into the coach decision

Its been predicted for a long time it will be Young.
did anyone see a artical in the tele i think it was ,i havent see it mentioned here anywhere i may be wrong but theres a new player in contension for the coaching job ,it mentioned i was ........... MATTY JONHS WITH DEAN YOUNG ...... i guess he has a football brain and he can bring his mate with him ....REG REAGAN.... so he can teach our mob what agression is ... has anyone seen this

Gardenia

Juniors
did anyone see a artical in the tele i think it was ,i havent see it mentioned here anywhere i may be wrong but theres a new player in contension for the coaching job ,it mentioned i was ........... MATTY JONHS WITH DEAN YOUNG ...... i guess he has a football brain and he can bring his mate with him ....REG REAGAN.... so he can teach our mob what agression is ... has anyone seen this
I saw the start of this article but couldnt view it as its behind a paywall. I think its saying Matty Johns is predicting it will be young?? I would love to be able to read it but not signing up to the telegraph

Gardenia

Juniors
It wouldn't surprise you though. That's how bad things have become.

The current board an CEO lack the hunger and ability to ever see success at our club. Your prediction about Young is a disappointing reality we need to face. His appointment would send a lot of die hards packing for good.
It's not my prediction it's what I have heard, and I Sincerely Pray that its incorrect .

BTW as a small gesture against this happening - maybe sign this petition https://chng.it/tg6PmPpLKL

thebigredv

First Grade

Gardenia

Juniors
It wouldn't surprise you though. That's how bad things have become.

The current board an CEO lack the hunger and ability to ever see success at our club. Your prediction about Young is a disappointing reality we need to face. His appointment would send a lot of die hards packing for good.
PS I am one of those die hards who have almost had enough. Warrington Wolves is looking good. I've had fellow fans tell me that I am one of many Dragons fans who the Dragons do not deserve!!

thebigredv

First Grade
PS I am one of those die hards who have almost had enough. Warrington Wolves is looking good. I've had fellow fans tell me that I am one of many Dragons fans who the Dragons do not deserve!!
Mentally I have just about checked out. Young would be the last straw for me - another convenient option for the protected species that is board and CEO. A chance to buy them 2 or 3 more years to pretend we are rebuilding the club. 2 or 3 years to collect their pay and ignore the fanbase.

There's a big difference between removing your support from a club because they are unsuccessful for a long time and removing your support because the very fibre of the club has become corrupt and contempt is shown for its fans. Way back when McGregor was getting a free ride I withdrew my financial support for the club. I could sense something very wrong then and now it has all come to light.

I do reserve the right to return should things ever resurrect and new board and culture is installed.
In the meantime I'll watch AFL with partial interest.